Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk (ft. Bruno Mars)

Got damn... Haven't seen this thread slip past page 2 in a minute... Ya'll need to keep up with this thread. :tongue: :lol:

Felt like this song belonged in his thread. Mars is channel Morris Day & the Time with this Mark Ronson jawn.

Here's another dope Ronson track with Tame Impala's Kevin Parker.... Ronson's new album Uptown Special doesn't come out until January 27, 2015. Seems like he's listened to a lot of Prince, Minneapolis, Paisley Park stuff...

Support that boy Luke James :smokin

I haven't heard a project this cohesive and full (Harmonies, Background Vocals, Interludes/ Intros better than people's singles :lol:) in a minute. And considering the gems he gave away on his mixtapes through the years :smh: ...this album could of been even better

I hope this album is supported... I hear it's already gold - which would be shocking for male R&B but I haven't fact checked that. Most of the album is on his Vevo so check out the playlist down below.

Nah, his first week sales were under 6K. Album won't go near 100K in sales. I bought it though. This is a great album. Amazing voice. Wish this would get more love than it did.

Tuxedo - Do It

A new vid from the Mayer Hawthorne & Jake One project. Don't sleep on this release...

Also one for #ThrowbackThursday. DJ Krush put out this blazing Curtis Mayfield mix for Stussy... Ish is fire...

Somi - Prayer to the Saint of the Brokenhearted

Don't sleep on this singer...

Last edited:
Tom Brock - I Love You More And More

An under appreciated gem... You can hear cats like Anthony Hamilton are influenced by this cat...

Dexter Wansel - The Sweetest Pain

Another under appreciated song. This track was from '79 & later covered by Loose Ends in '86...

Last edited:
Zo! - We Are On the Move (original version & Black Coffee Remix)

The Whispers - Keep On Lovin' You

Gotta post this song again because of that Zo track. Them dances are so on point...

The Internet - Dontcha

Been hearing a lot of DJ's using this beat on their sets or mixtapes...

Billy Ocean - Nights (Feel Like Gettin' Down)

#Throwback Thursday.

OSHUN - Stuck

New music...

Last edited:
I'm late as hell on this dude but UK musicians taking over this r&b genre, and Marsha is almost on Jill level not yet though but close...

Kali Uchis - All Or Nothing

Van Hunt is always appreciated.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Heard this chick on someone's podcast...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom