Can we get an option to turn off savedraft?

for me at least, the save draft that i discarded gets reset when i reload the page so i have to discard it each time

mostly only happens when on my phone

Yeah. Sometimes, even after I submit the post, then refresh the thread, the saved draft will still be in the reply box. :nerd:

Last edited:
Happens all the time on my phone. Or when I'm about to post something the old post I posted comes up so I have to delete it to type something new....hope that makes sense

I noticed it also but hadn't planned on saying anything. I just know to hit the trash can "delete draft" button when I come to post. I suppose it would be better if the save draft feature were optional though. :nerd:

Also, anyone ever notice (on ios mobile nt) that sometimes when NT loads completely, and you're scrolling, then all of a sudden, you're taken back to the top of the page? And I'm not activating that ios feature where you tap the top of the screen to quick scroll to the top either. ??? :nerd:

Also, anyone ever notice (on ios mobile nt) that sometimes when NT loads completely, and you're scrolling, then all of a sudden, you're taken back to the top of the page? And I'm not activating that ios feature where you tap the top of the screen to quick scroll to the top either. ??? :nerd:

Yup does it like 2-3 times and I'd have to hit the down arrow to go back to the type box.

Nah save draft is clutch. My only probably is it turns on when it wants. How do I turn it on, permanently? :nerd:

Popup ads?
nerd.gif
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  

Those obviously should not be running on our site.  It's been reported to Huddler and I expect that they'll be removed ASAP.

I'll pass along the draft saving complaints as well, but I can't make any promises there, unfortunately.  There's a "discard draft" link in the bottom left of the post editor (it looks like a garbage can on mobile) if you want to get rid of any previously saved drafts. 

As much as I'd like for it to be a preference, to give you control over whether you'd like to use it or not, it's not my call to make.  I don't own the platform.  Each new preference makes bug testing more difficult as it introduces another variable, so they want to avoid introducing new preferences if they can help it.  If it were merely a choice of making life harder for the well-compensated developers or making life harder for you, obviously I'd side with you all - but it's not that simple.  A platform that's become too complicated for its handlers to efficiently bug test makes everyone's lives worse.  Those of you who remember our last platform can attest to that. 

Hopefully they'll fix the remaining bugs and that will minimize your desire to shut it off entirely. 

Back
Top Bottom