Car Dillemma! Help a brother out...

So basically I purchased an 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport Base model a month ago for about $25,500 out the door. I wanted to trade this one in for another one with more options including navigation and a dvd player. I go to infiniti today and would offer me 21k for the car. The one i want is $26,000 plus fees. They said they would work with me and see what they can do. But basically my current monthly payments are $247 and if i wanted to trade the vehicle in, my payments would increase to $360. Is this worth it? In the long run i would be paying almost a hundred dollars more for the next 7 years( which is my current loan term). 
HELP!

So basically I purchased an 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport Base model a month ago for about $25,500 out the door. I wanted to trade this one in for another one with more options including navigation and a dvd player. I go to infiniti today and would offer me 21k for the car. The one i want is $26,000 plus fees. They said they would work with me and see what they can do. But basically my current monthly payments are $247 and if i wanted to trade the vehicle in, my payments would increase to $360. Is this worth it? In the long run i would be paying almost a hundred dollars more for the next 7 years( which is my current loan term). 
HELP!

Can you afford the extra $113 a month you'd be paying? If it's not an issue, trade in the car and get the one (with the options) that you want.

*Question...why on earth would you buy a car, only to try to trade it in a month later? Infiniti sees you as a walking dollar sign bro....

Can you afford the extra $113 a month you'd be paying? If it's not an issue, trade in the car and get the one (with the options) that you want.

*Question...why on earth would you buy a car, only to try to trade it in a month later? Infiniti sees you as a walking dollar sign bro....

I'd forget it...extra money JUST for navigation & a DVD player?

Use your phone for navigation, and install an aftermarket TV/DVD setup. You'll save thousands...

I'd forget it...extra money JUST for navigation & a DVD player?

Use your phone for navigation, and install an aftermarket TV/DVD setup. You'll save thousands...

so you wanna instantly lose $4,500 and do all that paperwork for dvd and navi? get a pioneer double din with navi and you're good bro. next time do all the research before spending 25 racks.

so you wanna instantly lose $4,500 and do all that paperwork for dvd and navi? get a pioneer double din with navi and you're good bro. next time do all the research before spending 25 racks.

I mean im 20 years old, currently going to transfer to UCSD in the fall, paying $150 for insurance my self. My current income is only 2k a month.

I mean im 20 years old, currently going to transfer to UCSD in the fall, paying $150 for insurance my self. My current income is only 2k a month.

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

In THAT case....HELL NO.

In THAT case....HELL NO.

So basically I purchased an 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport Base model a month ago for about $25,500 out the door. I wanted to trade this one in for another one with more options including navigation and a dvd player. I go to infiniti today and would offer me 21k for the car. The one i want is $26,000 plus fees. They said they would work with me and see what they can do. But basically my current monthly payments are $247 and if i wanted to trade the vehicle in, my payments would increase to $360. Is this worth it? In the long run i would be paying almost a hundred dollars more for the next 7 years( which is my current loan term)
HELP!
7 years to finance a car?!?!?! That's ridiculous... by the time you're done paying that off your car won't even be worth $5k. I wouldn't add to those payments for "more options". If you have the money, put it aside and try to pay off that car sooner (if it's an open loan).

So basically I purchased an 2007 Infiniti M35 Sport Base model a month ago for about $25,500 out the door. I wanted to trade this one in for another one with more options including navigation and a dvd player. I go to infiniti today and would offer me 21k for the car. The one i want is $26,000 plus fees. They said they would work with me and see what they can do. But basically my current monthly payments are $247 and if i wanted to trade the vehicle in, my payments would increase to $360. Is this worth it? In the long run i would be paying almost a hundred dollars more for the next 7 years( which is my current loan term)
HELP!
7 years to finance a car?!?!?! That's ridiculous... by the time you're done paying that off your car won't even be worth $5k. I wouldn't add to those payments for "more options". If you have the money, put it aside and try to pay off that car sooner (if it's an open loan).

its actually 6 years* my bad. but yeah, i didnt want my payments to be ridiculously high in the first place.

its actually 6 years* my bad. but yeah, i didnt want my payments to be ridiculously high in the first place.

WIO PIITB

Idk bro you should have done the research before hand. But aren't you like 20 though, why didnt you start with a honda
*my bad it took me too long to reply and you just answered that*

WIO PIITB

Idk bro you should have done the research before hand. But aren't you like 20 though, why didnt you start with a honda
*my bad it took me too long to reply and you just answered that*

.... sigh.
the longer the payments are... the more your paying. please get a calculator and see. 

longest you should have a car note for is 3-4 years MAX. being 3-4 years, your car will depreciate meaning your car will lose money while your paying for a car you bought 1-7 years ago. 6 years man? lol thats OD

oh btw you got ripped off. no hate just truth. 

.... sigh.
the longer the payments are... the more your paying. please get a calculator and see. 

longest you should have a car note for is 3-4 years MAX. being 3-4 years, your car will depreciate meaning your car will lose money while your paying for a car you bought 1-7 years ago. 6 years man? lol thats OD

oh btw you got ripped off. no hate just truth. 

Save yoursel some money and listen to the good folks who say don't do it, buy the head unit with nav

Back
Top Bottom