CDP Jordan IV or Black/Cement Spizike

I was in the market for a pair of CDP IV's but have been hearing about horrible quality/manufacturing issues.  It was recently suggested to me that I just just buy a pair of Spizikes from a local shop for about $109 and I thought I'd come ask NTs opinions.  I'm not too privy to the pros and cons of the Spizikes as opposed to the most recent IV-retro so any help is appreciated.  What would you do?

aj-4-cdp-blk-cement-rd.jpg

or

Jordan-Spizike-Black-Cement-Red-1.jpg

These Spizike's are awesome. Awesome quality, and great feel. I'm not like all these people who bash a shoe because it's not an OG shoe that Jordan wore, this shoe is the real deal. I never owned a 4, so I couldn't tell you how those are, but as far as the Spizike goes, you've got a great shoe.

spizike are fresh, i own two pairs of that CW and i love them, i have a few pairs of CDPs because there my favorite shoe, but for the price, the spizikes are def worth picking up

Spizike's are very underrated. I know the price is kinda high, as they should be priced around $140.00 retail. The quality on them is superb. I actually am getting the Stealth version (Patent Leather), hopefully tomorrow or next Thursday. If you are looking for quality, great comfort, and an shoe that fits just about any outfit, get the Spizike... but if you are inlove with the 4's, then get the 4's.

CDP's aren't even IV's to me...they're mishapen and poorly manufactured (*see cheap).

As a purist at heart I'm surprised to say this but...the Blk/Cmnt Spizike's are fantastic.

surprisingly my CDP IVs are holding up pretty well. I guess you should get what you want and if its hard, just get both.

ima cop bred iv's one of these days, but i did cop the bred spizikes already
imo the best c/w of all the recent spizikes except maybe the stealths which i haven't seen in person yet

Not to throw this thread off base, but guys who are interested in the Stealth Spizikes go ahead and punch in YouTube.com then type "Spizike Stealth", 4-5 videos down StreetgearNYC has a video of them... simply unbelievable!

The problem with the 4s was the midsole paint cracking, but those spizikes are going to have the exact same issue because they use the same midsole as the III.

Never owned a pair of spizikes but I did own the CDP 4's.

If you plan on rocking the IV's on a day-to-day or even week to week basis; you will truly be letdown.

The midsole cracking is inevitable. You will notice how weak and and unstable the midsole will become after a few wears..

Quality grade: 4/10.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

If you plan on rocking the IV's on a day-to-day or even week to week basis; you will truly be letdown.

The midsole cracking is inevitable. You will notice how weak and and unstable the midsole will become after a few wears..

ah, man i was gonna get a pair soon too. thanks for the info.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CherryRed

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

ah, man i was gonna get a pair soon too. thanks for the info.
frown.gif

its the same with other recent iv's/iii's. im just not buying them anymore. with that said, my pair havent begun to crack but ive only worn them a few times. as for my cool greys, militarys, fire red iii, cool grey iii, cement iii, cdp iii thats a different story..

I usually stick with the signature line but quality and price considerations might make a difference for a similar product.

Yeah I would buy the shoe strictly for wearing. Not reselling. I'm not really a fan of the IVs (though I own a pair of the first Lazers) but I've always loved the bred colorway and had a pair of the 99 Retros (that I stupidly resold.)

I want a pair for wearing out and to date have been kind of a purist snob, but the price and durability issues have led me to wonder if maybe I should just get over myself and accept that the Spiz'ikes are the better value :/

Originally Posted by Fang Bian Mian

CDP's aren't even IV's to me...they're mishapen and poorly manufactured (*see cheap).

As a purist at heart I'm surprised to say this but...the Blk/Cmnt Spizike's are fantastic.
dope pic
pimp.gif

just get the spikes. i have a pair and they are nice quality and durable. i got 99 bred 4s already tho so im a little biased

No matter how good or bad the quality is on a pair of IV's, I could never get myself in a pair of Spiz'ikes....NEVER.

or get a pair of AFJ black/red 4's

if you guys are worried about quality

there better quality wise then the CDP4's and the spizke 4 OG colorway

plus the ajf 4's have the bigger netting then the 99 and CDP 4's

as I have and had (99 retro's 4 cracked) all the 4 style shoes I listed

plus you can find them cheap at mom and pop shops and internet sites

believe me i know what I am talking about when it comes to jordan 4's as there my favorite jordan of all time

the prices for DS/VNDS cdp IV's is straight up
sick.gif
sick.gif

Makes me want to stop trying to find a pair for a good price and just cop those Spizikes...

dont ever buy cdp 4z!!!!!! straight garbage!!! poooor pooor quality.. banana shaped garbage... i'd cop those spizikes if its around 80 ##%

Back
Top Bottom