Chappelle. A Tribe Called Quest. SNL. 11/12...Seriously

Not every skit was a hit, but I don't care that much. Seeing Chappelle and ATCQ was enough to leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling inside man. I saw Leslie Jones shedding a tear at the end and I wanted to do the same. 

Couple of sketches were weak. But overall Entertaining. I was surprised at how much he was able to say on NBC. blue/all lives matter, that's a touchy subject with a lot of white people, it's cool he hit on that.

Always has a smoke on stage :smokin

Last edited:
Was worth tuning in for that monologue alonealone

I dont really remember hosts monologues but that was unforgettable lol

Had a lil bit of everything

Last edited:
Show was ehhhhh. :\

Was so great to see Chapelle; love the man. Was the first time I've watched a full SNL since probably the early 90's.

Skits were whatever...my fav was of course the skit with all the old Chapelle characters.

Other than that ...will most likely never watch SNL again, as expected. Show is pretty damn bad. It's a tough act to follow with what they did in the 80's & 90's.

Show was ehhhhh. :\

Was so great to see Chapelle; love the man. Was the first time I've watched a full SNL since probably the early 90's.

Skits were whatever...my fav was of course the skit with all the old Chapelle characters.

Other than that ...will most likely never watch SNL again, as expected. Show is pretty damn bad. It's a tough act to follow with what they did in the 80's & 90's.

Pretty much. I usually watch half an SNL episode once ecery couple years, cause it's usually wack if you happen to catch highlights. The forced comedy in there is really bad

I just go to the snl scorecard after the show and watch the best skits lol.

The best skits have been good the bad ones have been trash

Strong opening monologue and funny.

The I'm black and I aint surprised America's racist skit with Chris Rock was hilarious.

The Neagan Chappelle show characters skit was cool.

Thoroughly enjoyed both of Tribe's performances even though it seemed like Q messed up in both and just rapped through it. Dope songs and I look forward to the album.

Weekend update was good.

Dave was gettin it with Kate in one of those last skits :lol:

That breast feeding skit :rofl: I wanted a fresh Colombian breast milk reference.

The Tribe album is out already & its fire

As for the show, it was fire until everything after the weekend news update was trash except the very last skit lol

Great opening monologue. The Walking Dead skit with the old characters was clever

Last edited:
I thought it was a decent/solid show led off by an appropriate performance of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah (RIP) sung by McKinnon as Hillary. Thought it captured at least my mood of my shock & disbelief (TWF!?!?!) post election. Cohen's lyrics really match the mood of those of us that are feeling blue post election. I think McKinnon even changed the lyrics to.

I loved when she ended the performance by looking at the camera & said, " I’m not giving up and neither should you. Live from New York, it’s Saturday night..." It was her way of telling us things will be ok.

McKinnon is pretty talented. I really enjoy watching her & Leslie Jones when I can. I always DVR SNL & kinda fast forward if a skit doesn't grab me & I always try to catch the musical performances if they're relevant to me (or if I want to see if someone can cut a live performance).

I loved the performances by Tip, Jarobi, & Ali but Phife's presence was definitely missed. It was like eating a smores without marshmallow or something. Wasn't sure at first if I liked the Basquiat-style painting of Phife at first but now I want one as a print.

The new ATCQ jawn is insanely good. It's the only thing I've been bumping since it's release & I have like 4 other new albums to listen to.

Some throw back pics... I can't find the tix I had from '91... I've seen both groups about 6,7, or 8 times over the years. So glad I got to see their reunion tour a couple of years back. Phife came out with a Baltimore Orioles hoodie & New Era fitted.

View media item 2228729View media item 2228728

Last edited:
roll.gif

Time Haters/Playa Haters Ball will forever be comedic gold to me.  Silky Johnson is easily one of his best characters.  

All we needed was the homie in the gold suit with the time machine. That skit last night brought back memories. Quick question. Was the show yesterday mostly improv ?

Last edited:
couldn't of been mostly improv you can see the actors looking at their lines from the tele prompters.

like everyone said chappelle skits where great everything else was typical current SNL corny not funny skits.

Very solid SNL, in a LONG TIME. I loved the opening to the show and Chappelle's monologue. 

Enjoyed the Walking Dead short lol.

Weekend update was good. When Michael Che messed up the punchline 
laugh.gif

A Tribe Called Quest was definitely refreshing to hear. Especially with how today's music is. (Need to check out their album)

Chappelle still got it.

Monologue would've been 10x better had it not been on SNL. He still got it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom