CHEERS Show Appreciation

Please tell me someone else is as into this show as I am? The whole thing is on Netflix and I have been unable to stop watching it.

It's filmed in front of a live studio audience and it has various hilarious types of characters, such as:
  1. Sam Malone, the super handsome and smooth ladies man, ex red sox pitcher who owns the bar and gets all the ladies;
  2. Diane Chambers, the classy intellectual dorky waitress who falls for him and hates the "bimbos" hes always dating;
  3. Carla Tortelli, the wise-cracking snappy italian waitress who always has something slick and hilarious to say (FAVE); and
  4. Another fave, Norm Peterson, the hilarious accountant who's a regular at the bar, always enters with a witty statement, and surely LOVES his beer.

Check it out and if you do watch it, what are your opinions?

I was never really into it, but always liked the whole neighborhood watering hole aspect of it, "where everybody knows your name."

Maybe I just yearn for a place I can get a cheap(er) beer beer and good convos, who knows...

I honestly and whole-heartedly gave this show a try when it was on NetFlix. It had it's moments but some of the humor just didn't transfer. I can understand why it was popular in its day, though.

I used to watch it on and off while it was still on. I had a little thing for Kirstey Alley during that time.

OP how old are you? :lol:
Never heard someone in my generation even mention Cheers. When it use to come on Nick at Night I would change the channel as soon as that Intro starts. I wasn't a fan . I never even gave it a chance :lol:

However, with the influx of today's bartender culture ,they should do a 'modern day spin on this

OP how old are you? :lol:
Never heard someone in my generation even mention Cheers. When it use to come on Nick at Night I would change the channel as soon as that Intro starts. I wasn't a fan . I never even gave it a chance :lol:
Bruh, this.

I'd be super tight when this show would come on back in the day.

To me it signified the end of fun & it was time to take my little *** to bed.

Ive seen a couple episodes only because we had a knob tv back then and was too lazy to get up and change the channel.

OP how old are you?
laugh.gif

Never heard someone in my generation even mention Cheers. When it use to come on Nick at Night I would change the channel as soon as that Intro starts. I wasn't a fan . I never even gave it a chance
laugh.gif

However, with the influx of today's bartender culture ,they should do a 'modern day spin on this
I am 23 years old
laugh.gif
I love the humor of this show.

Am I just an old soul in a young body?

I am agreeable to a modern day spin omg that would be perfect. Honestly, I think it covers a lot of relevant themes and I like the way this show represents women especially. You don't have to be a sex crazed gal to still be sexy. You can be smart and sophisticated or even a little reserved, or you can be tough like Carla.

I like that they are like family at the bar, esp considering I usually find a bar where I become a regular at. I like that the show had a lot of intellectual characters as well as naive and not so smart characters lol. It also takes a  lot of skill to perform in front of an audience so i admire and respect that a lot.

Its honestly different from a lot of modern shows, but I love it nonetheless.

Last edited:
watched it when i was little after the nightly news, but then i really started watching it a few yrs back when i got hold of the complete series on dvd
always thought sam and diane was gonna end up together some how :frown: when she left the first time

hope i didnt spoil it

check out frasier as well :smokin

Last edited:
watched it when i was little after the nightly news, but then i really started watching it a few yrs back when i got hold of the complete series on dvd
always thought sam and diane was gonna end up together some how
frown.gif

hope i didnt spoil it

check out frasier as well
smokin.gif
Same here. When she split the show I was bummed, she was my fave (guess cuz i relate to her most), but I DO love Kirstie Alleys character Rebecca too. Shes like tough and reserved but still gorgeous, AND shes a boss lady. Love boss ladies.

i will after I finish Cheers. Frasier is hilarious on cheers, i can imagine his own sitcom lol

^you might as well check out wings as well. from the same creators and some of the characters from cheers guest appeared on the show

Back
Top Bottom