Chicago Bulls Season Thread 35-33 -- vs kings 3.21/3.23 vs knicks/3.24 knicks

Dont really want to hear Rose talk about free agency and getting paid. Dude has only played around 100 games since the 2011/2012 season. How about showing it on the court for a full season first. When he starts that free agent season he'll be 29. Im not paying him max money unless hes back to MVP form. If hes still on this shooting 6 threes a game tip he can get paid somewhere else IMO.

But on to this year. Im interested in seeing what Fred is going to do with the rotations. Doug and Snell are going to get more than their chances to show what they can do. Excited to see what Jimmy is going to do. Its his team now IMO. Also read that Taj hasnt ran in about 3 months. Going to be an interesting year

I've defended rose for so long but that comment is going to rub ppl the wrong way and it should. What are you thinking you haven't even played up to your current contract not even close, paid about 40 million for two seasons you didn't play. Idc what he meant or was trying to say shut up and prove it, you become more talk than action. Yes dudes getting overpaid they are actually playing and a lot of them were more consistent than you the past year.
I root for him to get back to MVP level but cmon stop talking please.

But on to this year. Im interested in seeing what Fred is going to do with the rotations. Doug and Snell are going to get more than their chances to show what they can do. Excited to see what Jimmy is going to do. Its his team now IMO. Also read that Taj hasnt ran in about 3 months. Going to be an interesting year

Seems to me media and coaches are quick to give time to Doug and I can't understand why, I'm not here for the thibs hindered Doug stuff at all. Tony earned his right and proven him self to be next man up I see a greater upside on both sides of the ball with snell. Not feeling the hidden agenda that comes off with just handing it to Doug cuz the coach like the kid & share similarities

Seems to me media and coaches are quick to give time to Doug and I can't understand why, I'm not here for the thibs hindered Doug stuff at all. Tony earned his right and proven him self to be next man up I see a greater upside on both sides of the ball with snell. Not feeling the hidden agenda that comes off with just handing it to Doug cuz the coach like the kid & share similarities

Im with you, i think Tony can give us a lot with an uptempo offense. I dont see Doug giving us a ton, hope im wrong tho. But i feel you on the media giving Doug the benefit of the doubt. Im dont think a lot of us expect much

Plus, he was an "Elite" scorer in College. 

Snell > Doug

Im with you, i think Tony can give us a lot with an uptempo offense. I dont see Doug giving us a ton, hope im wrong tho. But i feel you on the media giving Doug the benefit of the doubt. Im dont think a lot of us expect much

tony not being talked about or counted on is exactly what tony wants... hes gonna get his shot(s) to cook just like doug will

_________________________________________________________________________________

hp_rose_150929_b.jpg

Rose ready for season after strong summer of work

By Sam Smith | 9.29.2015 | 10:00 a.m.

Sometimes you forget all Derrick Rose has gone through.

Bulls general manager Gar Forman Monday at the team’s opening media day session for the 2015-16 season acknowledged even he didn’t fully realize the impact of not having a full summer to work out, which Rose has done this summer without restrictions.

“Back in July, I called Derrick to check in and talk to him about how he was doing and how his workouts were going,” Forman related. “Derrick said, ‘You know, Gar, this is really the first summer in several years where I’ve been able to train.’ He was talking about how he felt physically, being able to do basketball specific training and work on his game and work in the weight room. Whereas the previous summers, it had all been rehab. I guess it kind of struck me then, everything he’d been through, and now he’s full time training for basketball. He looks terrific. Physically he’s in a good place, mentally he’s in a good place.”

Those are the kinds of reports that have been circulating about Rose this summer, which is giving the Bulls optimism for he and the team for the coming season. Which coach Fred Hoiberg also saw for himself visiting with Rose this summer while Hoiberg made a tour to see every player. Hoiberg said in meeting with Warriors coach Steve Kerr that was one of Kerr’s recommendations. It probably helped getting a trip to Spain to see Pau Gasol and Nikola Mirotic.

“I went out and visited him in LA and saw the explosiveness and loved the training that he did,” said Hoiberg. “I saw him in the weight room in the morning and then got with him on the floor in the afternoon. Getting back here, seeing him in the gym, he’s got his explosiveness right now. And watching where he finished the year, re-watching the Milwaukee and Cleveland series, he finished the year playing at a very high level. I think he’s taking that momentum of how that season finished into his offseason program. I think Derrick’s in terrific shape right now. He’s done really good things with his body and having that whole summer where he hasn’t been rehabbing and being able to add to his game is very important. I anticipate Derrick getting off to a great start.”

And this was at the USA Basketball camp in July in Las Vegas: John Calipari was there since, well, it seems like half the players in the NBA these days once played for him; just supporting his guys. One of his favorites, Rose from Calipari’s time at the U. of Memphis, was missing and Calipari was a little surprised.

So Calipari called Rose.

“I say where are you?” Calipari related during the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame week ceremonies earlier this month when Calipari was being enshrined. “He says, ’Coach, I’m telling you, I’m coming back.’ He said, ‘I want to win a championship for Chicago and I’m going to be the MVP again.’

“I hung up,” Calipari recalled, “and I went right to Gar Forman and said, ‘It’s back on. I’m just telling you.’”

Calipari was one of the premier inductees at this year’s enshrinement and as such was the last honoree to speak during the ceremonies. He is a three-time collegiate coach of the year with six Final Four appearances, though he faced controversy with appearances vacated at the U. of Massachusetts and the U. of Memphis. Lately at the U. of Kentucky, Calipari has become a veritable pipeline to the NBA for players and has coached four No. 1 overall NBA draft picks, Rose being the first. So Calipari has stayed close with Rose.

I ran into Calipari before his speech, and he was anxious to not only talk about Rose but also explain why he believes Rose finally is ready to return to the form that can help lead the Bulls to a championship.

“You have to understand this kid,” Calipari commanded in his persuasive style. “We walked out and played Texas (2008 NCAA South Regional final). I was nervous as heck. We’re at Memphis; we’re not supposed to beat Michigan State; we’re up 50-20. We’re not supposed to beat Texas in Houston. I’m in the locker room and I’m nervous as heck and he (Rose) walks in. He looks at me and says, ‘Watch this today.”

“What!” I say. “I didn’t understand. I said to (assistant) Rod Strickland, ‘Why is he so….’

“Rod said, ‘Because everybody was saying (Texas’ D.J.) Augustin was the better point guard,’” Calipari recalled. “Augustin went from like top five to like 20 in that game.”

Rose had 21 points, nine assists and six rebounds while hounding Augustin to four of 18 shooting in a dominant 85-67 Memphis win. Though Augustin was picked No. 9 in the 2008 draft.

But we’ve seen this from Rose even not at his best after injuries, coming up with brilliant performances against the top guards in the league, like Chris Paul, John Wall, Damian Lillard, all the guys they began to say again were better than Rose. He doesn’t advertise a deep pride, but it burns within Rose. Those who know Rose best, like Calipari, can hear it again in his tone, his words, his defiance.

Rose offered his own assurance as well Monday, matter-of-fact as he is wont to do.

“I can’t get caught up into that,” Rose said when asked about not being regarded around the NBA as he was when he was an MVP in 2011. “I know I’m great. There’s a lot of people that don’t know I’m great; that’s the thing. But it’s cool. I know I can hoop. You can put me anywhere and I know how to play the game of basketball. I can’t get mad at people for how they criticize my game and the way that I play, or the way that I used to play. I know I’m great, and that’s it.’’

Like saying once again, “Watch this.”

“Look, at the beginning of the year (at Memphis), I’m thinking, ‘This kid he’s not (what I thought), he’s got a lot of work to do,’” recalled Calipari. “And then it was about the end of December we played Tennessee at home and he took the team on his shoulders and he tried to will us to a win. We walked off the court and I said, ‘This kid, he’s gone (after this season). Let’s figure out who our point guard is going to be because he’s not going to be here.’ Then by the end of the year I said this kid is the No. 1 pick.

“I was at his high school when they were doing a documentary and he would not let them shoot with either a teammate or a teacher or an administrator with him,” Calipari related. “He made it about everybody. The hardest thing for him was that he had to adjust because his lift and all that stuff was different and it took him time (after his ACL). He was being overly cautious. I’ve been around the kid; I know how he is.

Calipari even used an anecdote about Rose in his acceptance speech at the Hall of Fame

“Those guys at Memphis all thought I was crazy,” Calipari said in his Hall of Fame remarks. “Even Derrick Rose early in his freshman year called his boys in Chicago and said, ‘I’m playing for the devil.’

“I said to him, ‘You remember doing that?’” Calipari added. “He said, ‘Yeah, I remember.’ I said, ‘Do you mind if I say that?” He said, ‘Nah, say it if you want.’

“He just wouldn’t let go last season; I could see that,” said Calipari. “You can’t reign in (and be great).”

Calipari said he knew Rose was working out this summer like few do, a trait he remembers from Memphis.

“I come in one day in the summer when I was at Memphis and I have a recruit in,” Calipari recalled. “It’s 11 o’clock in the morning, (I hear) ‘Thump, thump, thump. Swish, thump, thump, swish.’ Open the door he’s in there going hard, sweating, 11 o’clock. I come back with this recruit at 4. We went to lunch. (I hear) ‘Thump, thump, thump, swish, thump, thump. I call him and said, ‘Man, you can’t do this to your body, your legs; you can’t go five hours. He was fearful of failing. He has that in him. I said, ‘You can’t do that to your wheels.’ He has learned. He’s still a worker.”

The Bulls this season hope to profit as well from the effort.

Last edited:
Lord Derrick is beyond dumb.

Same with his brothers. And that comment about money had to be a subtle shot at the franchise rewarding Jimmy Buckets aka Rose's arch nemesis.

And are we really going to act like Derrick isn't trying to rock the same exact hair cut as Butler as well?

Is this an epic **** measuring contest of whatever you can do I can do better?

Including Butler's dumb comment about wanting to be a PG.

I've defended rose for so long but that comment is going to rub ppl the wrong way and it should. What are you thinking you haven't even played up to your current contract not even close, paid about 40 million for two seasons you didn't play. Idc what he meant or was trying to say shut up and prove it, you become more talk than action. Yes dudes getting overpaid they are actually playing and a lot of them were more consistent than you the past year.
I root for him to get back to MVP level but cmon stop talking please.

All of this

Dude is a clown for his comments

to quote awesome

Reggie Jackson just got 80 million after only starting for a half season, that's just the climate we're in.

a guy who cant hold a candle to pre or post surgery rose...of course he's gonna want a piece of the big pie when his time comes again cuz bobby shmurda aint the only person getting paid to be subpar .... anyone put in that position who says they wouldn't do the same is a goddamn liar

his timing WAS wrong..... I 1000% agree w/ that but a PR person aint gonna stop that. he got asked a Q & rambled on past the answer into the $$ talk

Last edited:
Jimmy with that good ol' ETHER for DRose :rofl: :rofl:

Butler on Rose’s contract comments: "He can talk about unicorns and rainbows for all I care. Just help us win some basketball games.’’

:smokin :smokin

Shut up and ball Derrick! You're rubbing me the wrong way and I'm one of your biggest supporters.

Dude really needs to get a legit PR person, his lack of intelligence consistently shows every time he speaks to the media, that free agency comment was extra unnecessary especially when they didn't even ask him about it :smh:

Hahahah he just said more than what they wanted to hear but hey, he fed the media something new hahahah and fed NT something new! I'm sure its in all good intention.

^
:smh:
Even more bad news....sigh.

Probably caused it to himself eyeballing all the "money that's being passed around".

Butler on Rose’s contract comments: "He can talk about unicorns and rainbows for all I care. Just help us win some basketball games.’’

:smokin :smokin

:rofl: :rofl: :nthat:

I used to blame Reggie and BJ for all the nonsense that used to come out of this kids mouth, but if they are indeed looking out for his best interest it's imperative that these two or someone in Rose's camp to sit him down and talk to him. He needs to give out generic "working hard, looking to win, and taking it step by step responses" or screw it and just go full out Lynch mode and say "I'm just here, so I don't get fined"

Last edited:
well ****.

who would take rose's place when the season starts?

he may not miss any games. All depends on how bad it was.

Dante Cunningham broke his eye socket and missed 1 game. Etan Thomas once missed 30 games with the same injury.

And then he breaks his face today. No time table in return. Jesus dude has barely played since 2011. When he was hungry and motivated by basketball reasons still. Before the excess money. Karma. Part of me wonders if it was a teammate who did it on purpose to send a message after yesterday's comments. Every other superstar in the league like LeBron and KD are talking about how bad they want rings. Rose talking about a contact two years down the road after he's been paid booku money sitting on the bench for the better part of 3 years eating skittles and running trains with his buddies on skanks. SMH ... get your **** right Derrick. You know something is wrong with you when your whole home town is tired of defending you and wants you shipped out. When teammates are throwing you under the bus in comments before the season even starts. Pathetic.

he may not miss any games. All depends on how bad it was.

Dante Cunningham broke his eye socket and missed 1 game. Etan Thomas once missed 30 games with the same injury.

Oh!! Well maybe this is why you shouldn't bring up your big day two years in advance!!! Injuries happen! Anything can happen. Take it one day at a time.

It's Derrick Rose for christ's sakes. He'll miss five months to make sure he's 120%.

I'm actually not a fan of Butler's comments

I'm not cool with talking about teammates to the media

Keep that ish in the locker room

Back
Top Bottom