Chicago Bulls Season Thread 35-33 -- vs kings 3.21/3.23 vs knicks/3.24 knicks

I'm sick and tired of Pau and his dumb *** comments.....This guy might have a great offensive skill set but that's it. This whole walking around like you know every damn thing because you won a few rings in La bit is old. He talks as if he forgot when Kobe had to jump in his *** over being the soft and crying about not getting his shots. The guy cant guard a soul let alone rotate for help side D. Oh yea almost forgot about his disappearing/Injury Bs in last years playoffs. I don't give a **** about his passes or mid range jump shot when he is giving up just as much on the other end. He sure as hell played his heart out for Spain this past summer tho. Get the hell outta Chi Town!!!! Take your weak *** quotes with you too.  

What the Bulls recruiters see in players is quite puzzling. Being a Bulls fan for quite some time I see opposing teams and players more physical and with more direction. Take for example someone like Justin Holiday (just as an example) or lets maybe mention E'Twaun Moore. These two players (to name just a few) come into the mix at the Bulls and seem so much more developed than they would have been at their previous teams.

I'm not for a second saying that we don't have physical players, but at some point management has to have a good look at where things are at and admit they have no real idea of the direction of the ball club!

Take the further example of Jimmy Butler. I Butler didn't achieve the success he has as a player, his improved skill a major point in their success over the past 2-3 seasons would have left the Bulls far further behind than the front-runners.

Sure, the Bulls missed on every major free agent signing, dating back to Tracy McGrady, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Melo and yes there were plenty of others. Bulls managed to get Boozer which was on the back of... we have to get someone... I'm sure management could have looked at other options. With a young core, perhaps concentrating on the next young crop of players floating around.

Who could forget the likes of Ben Wallace and his $60m/4year deal? Wallace was strictly known for picking up boards and blocking shots. Of course he signed with the Bulls and then went into autopilot for the rest of his career. I guess this is matched by the Knicks then paying ex Bull Eddy Curry $60m for 6 years!

Realistically management at the Bulls needs a swift kick... The Warrior and Spurs (together with some others) show what great depth and smart management can do. You've got your teams that strike it lucky, Cavs receiving a major boost with the addition of Lebron returning and obviously there are others.

The Bulls need a plan... Be it a 3 or 5 year plan, they need something that they can stick to. Sure it will be a ride but a hell of a lot more interesting than watching a team constantly just make it or just miss out!

QFT

Quick question for the NT Bulls Fans.

WHY are the Bulls tickets so high for the home game vs Philly on Wednesday night? Is it because it is the finale?

Bringing my wife to Chi-town (where she is from) for her birthday and going to checkout Cubs and wanted to see Bulls but D@** tickets no joke. Even for Philly. :x

The free agent thing is tough. We want to get guys but its just a new day and age. None of our star players (Rose/Butler) are buddy buddy with other stars in the league and thats what it is now. Melo wanted to get paid, Bron/Bosh/Wade never were coming, not many other game changers have hit the market that we had a realistic chance at. We get bargain players. Realistically Chicago isnt as desirable as we think. The front office doesnt get along with coaches, the training staff seems to put dudes back on the floor when they always seem to get hurt in the very near future again, and you dont know how many games Rose will miss. Now ask yourself If you were a big name free agent, why would you want to come to Chicago? Far more cons than pros.

Like others have said Until things get overhauled in the front office its going to be this way and its more than understandable.

The free agent thing is tough. We want to get guys but its just a new day and age. None of our star players (Rose/Butler) are buddy buddy with other stars in the league and thats what it is now. Melo wanted to get paid, Bron/Bosh/Wade never were coming, not many other game changers have hit the market that we had a realistic chance at. We get bargain players. Realistically Chicago isnt as desirable as we think. The front office doesnt get along with coaches, the training staff seems to put dudes back on the floor when they always seem to get hurt in the very near future again, and you dont know how many games Rose will miss. Now ask yourself If you were a big name free agent, why would you want to come to Chicago? Far more cons than pros.

Like others have said Until things get overhauled in the front office its going to be this way and its more than understandable.

Sadly because of the reputation our FO has, no top tier free agent wants to come here. Our best bet is to build through the draft, but that's been hit and miss (a lot of miss with very little hit). Also, the FO is too timid when making big moves and have had a hard time overvaluing our players.

I'll say one thing, we have do something soon. There are quite a few young teams in the East that show a lot of promise and if we aren't careful, we could find ourselves in the bottom tier of teams in the league.

Sadly because of the reputation our FO has, no top tier free agent wants to come here. Our best bet is to build through the draft, but that's been hit and miss (a lot of miss with very little hit). Also, the FO is too timid when making big moves and have had a hard time overvaluing our players.

I'll say one thing, we have do something soon. There are quite a few young teams in the East that show a lot of promise and if we aren't careful, we could find ourselves in the bottom tier of teams in the league.
I'd have to agree. Wouldn't it be interesting for the NBA if they introduced a relegation/promotion for teams that finish with certain low records. Instead the league allows tanking and actually rewards these teams with lottery picks. I'm not saying the Bulls are tanking... as we always either just make it or just miss out... We're not benefited and in all likelihood it would be better if we were losing all the games if it meant something. I believe it's just a lack of a plan, the same team continues with very little to no trades changing the chemistry all that much. The Bulls seem to attempt to attract one marquee player such as a Gasol and then make do with filler/bargain priced players because they don't have the salary.

The Rose situation is a delicate one. He does show glimpses and this might only be my view but he seems to be kind of cautious at all times. Obviously this won't change anytime soon given his injury history. Obviously time will help but how long do the Bulls stick keep just paying him for this?

It's one of those things though, about having a good team, not a great player and a mediocre team. Its very strongly related to team balance, chemistry and player skill/development.

And yet, bulls still losing to a bum pelican team.

Let the other guys get their game on.
Don't hurt yourself jimmy!

^
roll.gif

That sig.

It's cool PJ this team needed a rebuild, time to clean house.
We still got the Blackhawks ready to start they're playoff run and a fun and competitive Cubs team off to a great start.
Yeah I guess. Also, both baseball teams should be good. 

Does the FO even have a vision of what they want this team to be?
I've thought about this the other day. 

Their vision, I think is, they think they can still be in Championship contention while adding veterans, meanwhile keeping a few young players from the draft and groom them into championship players, expecting that the veterans can rub off onto the fresh players. Thus why they never went after a shooting guard prior to Rose ACL injury. Their draft picks are very valuable to them. 

If I could describe one word about the front office and their direction, INDECISIVE. They have wasted some real championship windows by never adding another shooting guard, wasted Rose & Noah's year all because they were indecisive on the make up of the roster because adding Carlos Boozer would take fill the void.  

Now the "vision" or direction they're going for is, to get Joakim resigned to the Bulls. Possibly get some players for Hoiberg system. 

The truth we may already know, they're going to sign some veteran players that are old and I really don't think the Bulls will get anymore younger and athletic. 

what should we do with the 14th pick?

if boston wants bulter for the 3rd pick im on board now with letting him go. hell i would give him up for there other 2 draft picks and a player. its nothing against jimmy its just time to start over again

BLOW IT UP.

No need to blow it up. Just get a better coach and retool the roster.
and what is all this going to do? the current team as built could never win the east or a ring with a elite NBA coach(thibs). your not winning the east with bron in it by just "retooling" this roster. 

and what is all this going to do? the current team as built could never win the east or a ring with a elite NBA coach(thibs). your not winning the east with bron in it by just "retooling" this roster. 
It will accelerate the process. A good head coach masks the flaws of the team. Imo Fred is a horrible coach he cost us at least 4 games. I think that if you do " Blow it up" it will end up like the 76ers and honestly people do not have the time or the patience for that. Also getting rid of a guy like Gasol and having a defensive center would do wonders for the team.

This Org has no vision or plan.
Nope

Said this in the NBA reg season thread and I'll say it in here too;

:rofl: :rofl:

Not happening.
I see full control already got into Thibs head, he must be swallowing JVG ball sweat thinking he's going to fineness trades like that, he already showed his hand to too many GM's with his thirsty visits all over the league.

Only way this trade happens is if the Woves make it Wiggins + #5 pick for JB.
I still think Thibs is dumb/over confident enough to make that. :rofl:

If were taking any offers for JB, Boston is the most enticing.
Take Avery and #3 pick (take Dunn) and call it one, wait till Rose comes off the books and go after Cousins, Bari, or even Oak.

Last edited:
I would take Wiggins and 3rd pick for Butler, Dunn might still be there at 5. That's legit. Then we have the 14th pick and then maybe we take Denzel Valentine. Just Bradley wouldn't be enough from the C's Wiggins will be superstar.

yeah in this weak draft they better be given us one of there young players back also

5 & LaVine/Dieng

5 & wiggins

I would take Wiggins and 3rd pick for Butler, Dunn might still be there at 5. That's legit. Then we have the 14th pick and then maybe we take Denzel Valentine. Just Bradley wouldn't be enough from the C's Wiggins will be superstar.
wiggins plays for the T'wolves who have the 5th pick. 

Back
Top Bottom