Christopher Nolan to direct WWII drama ‘Dunkirk’ (1st trailer is up)

I thought TDKR was a good movie and I own all the batman movies on blu ray.

The only issue I had with TDKR is Bane. In the old batman movies dude was greenish with crazy colored veins and he never spoke english all he did was yell and growl.

but the one in TDKR was smart like dude went to college :lol:

Last edited:
Hardy da gawd :pimp:

I thought TDKR was a good movie and I own all the batman movies on blu ray.

The only issue I had with TDKR is Bane. In the old batman movies dude was greenish with crazy colored veins and he never spoke english all he did was yell and growl.

but the one in TDKR was smart like dude went to college :lol:

In alot of the comics, bane is extremely smart.

They say he's even smarter than strong. And dude is like broli strong status.

It's just the interpretation of Bane they had in the previous movie.

But the one in TDKR was actually accurate from what i know.

i kind of figured TDKR had him more closely to his comic book character. But someone like me who has never read a comic book wouldnt know by looking at the movies. I already know hollywood never does movies right by the books/comics.

but damn when i was a kid and saw batman and robin with mr freeze and Bane, that bane was the OG to me. Than when i watched TDKR when it came out I was like damn Bane must of been hitting the books in the sewers :lol:

Dark Knight Rises would be a masterpiece if Dark Knight never existed.

With NT it's either trash or goat, no grey areas.

Stop it. A movie can't be a masterpiece if a character's broken back is fixed by tying a rope around his waist in a hole in the ground prison.

TDKR started off really dope and was pretty awesome until the last twenty minutes. The whole thing with batman just showing up with ease and the swerve s bane was stupid as hell.

l

I think Hardy's rendition of Bane was the best thing in the movie. With Nolan's Batman trilogy, there's a degree of realism to them. I feel like they can all actually exist as oppose to comic book villains created in a lab or from some chemical accident. TDKR Bane had some limitations but overall the performance was amazing.

They say hes using actual racists to play the nazis because he wants the hate to be authentic.
roll.gif

Hopefully this erases the travesty of a film which was Dark Knight Returns, and that boring *** Interstellar crap, from our memories.
Both films were 
pimp.gif
 The opening plane scene with Bane 
smokin.gif
 Interstellar will forever be one of my fav movies. I've had to seen it at least 6 times in full. I watch parts of it and scenes on Youtube too. 

Such a great video of Behind the scenes and making the sounds

pimp.gif

Man I hated her in that movie...

2 things you need to watch.

number 1....... stranger things on netflix

number 2. .....your mouth.
roll.gif

Interstellar was amazing

I used to watch this scene over and over

The cornfield chase scene I watch all the time and the ending as well 
smokin.gif

Christopher Nolan 
pimp.gif

glasses.gif

His movies are good but I feel like they are intentionally made to not be fully understood. He's trying to be clever and "leave it up to you to interpret", but there's too many holes in the movies (in my opinion) for them to hold up over time
I feel this way about Interstellar. Putting aside I didn't care for the message in the end but the story itself just dragged. So I was just left to enjoy the sci-fi and visuals.

Didn't feel that way about Memento or The Prestige.

:rofl:

Both films were :pimp:  The opening plane scene with Bane :smokin  Interstellar will forever be one of my fav movies. I've had to seen it at least 6 times in full. I watch parts of it and scenes on Youtube too. 

Such a great video of Behind the scenes and making the sounds

:pimp:

:rofl:

The cornfield chase scene I watch all the time and the ending as well :smokin  

Christopher Nolan :pimp:  8)  

Man i wish there was a sequel..to see what that other planet earth looking planet looks like..Nolan kills it in when it comes to cinematography..I own all of his movies..u would also like scenes in Insomnia

Still cracks me up that Littlefinger was in The Dark Knight Rises...I wanted him to die because of Littlefinger
laugh.gif

His cinematography is awesome, of course.
But cinematography alone doesnt make a film "great."
It needs to be a combination of writing, acting, film-making, producing, editing, sound, and most importantly have an actual interesting story to tell for us movie viewers.

Interstellar excelled at a few of those categories, but not enough IN MY HUMBLE OPINION to make it an overall "great" movie.
The story itself was extremely convoluted and boring, IMO. The writing was too complicated and stale for most of it, the acting was good in some parts but way over-dramatic in others.

Overall it was a good film obviously, but it just didnt check off enough boxes to me to ever make me want to watch again.

Inception, is another story. Thats one you watch over and over again because everything was executed so well.

Last edited:
His cinematography is awesome, of course.
But cinematography alone doesnt make a film "great."
It needs to be a combination of writing, acting, film-making, producing, editing, sound, and most importantly have an actual interesting story to tell for us movie viewers.

Interstellar excelled at a few of those categories, but not enough IN MY HUMBLE OPINION to make it an overall "great" movie.
The story itself was extremely convoluted and boring, IMO. The writing was too complicated and stale for most of it, the acting was good in some parts but way over-dramatic in others.

Overall it was a good film obviously, but it just didnt check off enough boxes to me to ever make me want to watch again.

Inception, is another story. Thats one you watch over and over again because everything was executed so well.

I've seen Inception the most out of any movies in my library..movie will never get old..interstellar definitely had mixed reviews..but I do appreciate the artistry/originality behind a majority of his films.

Memento I only seen once..and I do wanna see it again..but I'm not rushing to see it anytime soon..but without giving away any spoilers..my mind was def blown..

Prestige is a film re-written by both him and his brother..that was another great film about illusionists..

The thing that is great about his style is that most of the films are thought-provoking and keeps the audience guessing with hundreds of theories floating around everywhere

Don't get me wrong I feel that Nolan is great as a director in a lot of different categories..I wasn't just saying only his cinematography is good

Out of all of his films my least favorite were the Dark Knights

i liked interstellar and the TDKR
On a surface level it's easy to like those movies but when compared to Nolan's other work that is far superior in the areas he usually excels at all of the flaws are readily apparent in those 2 movies.

I will say for Interstellar specifically it can be as simple as the message overall was pretty sappy and the story itself just wasn't that strong (but again due to the sappy message). The visuals, directing, and acting were all on point.

TDKR is a whole other can of worms.

Christopher Nolan will be getting paid $20 million up-front for Dunkirk, which represents a small fortune on its own. However, the director is also said to be getting 20 percent of the gross for Dunkirk  and If his last handful of directorial efforts are any indicator, that will represent a tremendous payday. This is said to be the most lucrative deal for a director since Peter Jackson got a similar deal for King Kong more than ten years ago.
http://movieweb.com/dunkirk-movie-christopher-nolan-highest-paid-director/

Back
Top Bottom