CHROMECAST or RASPBERRY PI

i'm think i'm gonna check it out if i can find one in stores.  The price is right

I ordered mine but it will be here in a bout 3 - 4 weeks by that time it should have some updates.

May pick one up just cause. Not sure how much Id use it but seems like a cool device

Pass at that lag. Just hook your laptop to your tv with an hdmi cord and view your entire desktop.

Pass at that lag. Just hook your laptop to your tv with an hdmi cord and view your entire desktop.
that's what i'm trying to avoid, i hate hooking my laptop to the tv, my laptop only has a vga output so I have to also use a thing for the audio

with this i can broadcast any tab i'm looking at and media files straight from my computer

Last edited:
can already stream everything from the computer through the PS3.  Well not everything, no .mkv files, but can still control Netflix/YouTube with my cellphone if im too lazy to use the controller. 

didnt look into yet. Anyone know what the audio out is?

Can I run my speaker setup through it to get 5.1?

can already stream everything from the computer through the PS3.  Well not everything, no .mkv files, but can still control Netflix/YouTube with my cellphone if im too lazy to use the controller. 

download ps3 media server if you want to play .mkv files. just start it and use that to access your hd and play through there.

download ps3 media server if you want to play .mkv files. just start it and use that to access your hd and play through there.

I've never got PS3 media server to play files reliably for me. I've tweaked it repeatedly, wrote custom code for it, opened up various network ports and it just will not stream X264 properly. I know it's not my router as I've got a high end router than has no problem streaming anything else and I know I have proper bandwidth.

I think with 802.11 N being supported I'm going to get much better results with the Chromecast since the PS3 is only B/G. I should mention that my PS3 is not hardwired >D

I've never got PS3 media server to play files reliably for me. I've tweaked it repeatedly, wrote custom code for it, opened up various network ports and it just will not stream X264 properly. I know it's not my router as I've got a high end router than has no problem streaming anything else and I know I have proper bandwidth.

I think with 802.11 N being supported I'm going to get much better results with the Chromecast since the PS3 is only B/G. I should mention that my PS3 is not hardwired >D

i could never get wifi streaming to work properly either.

I DID get hardwire to work, but I wasn't overly impressed. I still thought just burning DVDs was a better option.

You DO know it's not even a week old, right?? Everyone today has this "I want everything right now" attitude. Be patient. More features/channels will come.

I think it's pretty cool, and the price is amazing. There's a lot of potential.

Yeah I'm never too worried about that kind of stuff. This thing will probably be updated 10x in the next 2 months.

I'll wait though to see if its compatible with my tv first though. (i have a usb input)

You DO know it's not even a week old, right?? Everyone today has this "I want everything right now" attitude. Be patient. More features/channels will come.

Exactly... if more companies start messing with thisthe possibilities could be amazing from apps and what not

Yeah I'm never too worried about that kind of stuff. This thing will probably be updated 10x in the next 2 months.

I'll wait though to see if its compatible with my tv first though. (i have a usb input)

You don't have HDMI??

Back
Top Bottom