Citizens revolt in Ukraine vol. live

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think so either, the emergency UN/ NATO meetings got me thinking.

Besides that, this is why rash revolts are a bad idea. When changing the stance of a nation, consider who you'll be pissing off, what YOU can do, and who will be backing you.

In this case, Ukraine can't do anything on its own vs Russia, especially in the shape it's in now, and nobody coming in to back you either?

1. you didn't know that the georgia invasion happened during the bush presidency

2. you think that there was a reasonable expectation that the US would prevent Russias annexation of crimea

3. you use the daily caller and foxnews as sources

4. you didn't already understand that russia has been planning this action ever since ukraine started having turmoil.. almost everyone predicted this action and I'm sure the intelligence commitee already went through the implications of such a move.

5. you don't understand how the the Trilateral Statement is basically useless especially since the fall of ukraine parliament

I even predicted this outcome...
Was out doing stuff but....

1. Acknowledged.

2. I think it is reasonable that if we didn't have a wimp as president, Putin wouldn't think he could get away with invading Ukraine.

3.  What sources do you use?  So are you saying what I posted is not true?  They fabricated stories like "the onion"?

4.  I do understand that....everyone didn't predict it.  When Palin made the prediction that this would happen, the liberals and democrats mocked her.  Now we know who was right and who was wrong.   You couldn't be further from the truth.

5.  I never said anything about the Trilateral Statement, so I don't know why you are saying that I don't understand it...

By the way...the Ukrainian protesters were very peaceful 
laugh.gif

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

To clarify something, Russia never invaded Georgia.

In 08, Georgia made the first move and moved its troops into south ossetia/ Abkhazia, autonomous regions with large russian populations just like crimea, which prompted Russia to send in its troops. Georgia got shook when it realized no one was really gonna back them especially since they were the aggressors and retreated.

i do recall the daily news and US media making it seem as if its the 1980 afghanistan invasion all over again though.

Last edited:
The us loses Alaska...thirty years later gets the chance to invade Alaska, which has a pro us population, and reclaim it. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
why are people posting old videos?

those protests have been over... the president stepped down...

And now there are new protestors...

also, 

Why did the media and Obama make them out to be peaceful?

The protests were made out to be peaceful? Since when? I don't know what news were you watching but for the last 2 weeks of the maidan all I recall was them showing images of Kiev and it looked like a warzone while they were reporting 60+ dead and thousands injured. No idea how the protests could've been misconstrued as peaceful when all the footage pointed to the contrary by showing police snipers all over the place,mass graves in the middle of the streets and protesters arming themselves to fight back in response.

Things might've started peacefully back in November but that sure as hell didn't last long and it's looking like things are gonna get even bloodier and uglier with the new Ukrainian authorities calling on the army to mobilize in response to Russia's invasion of Crimea. I doubt that they're gonna let all those months of sacrifice and bloodshed go to waste and let Russia have its say in their countries future.

Last edited:
The protests were made out to be peaceful? Since when? I don't know what news were you watching but for the last 2 weeks of the maidan all I recall was them showing images of Kiev and it looked like a warzone while they were reporting 60+ dead and thousands injured. No idea how the protests could've been misconstrued as peaceful when all the footage pointed to the contrary by showing police snipers all over the place,mass graves in the middle of the streets and protesters arming themselves to fight back in response.

Things might've started peacefully back in November but that sure as hell didn't last long and it's looking like things are gonna get even bloodier and uglier with the new Ukrainian authorities calling on the army to mobilize in response to Russia's invasion of Crimea. I doubt that they're gonna let all those months of sacrifice and bloodshed go to waste and let Russia have its say in their countries future.
articles like this that say the protesters have been unarmed. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../02/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-on-ukraine/

You're surprised that Eric Cantor of all people, would distort the facts to fit in with his point?
laugh.gif

These are images from the couple weeks of the protests before the President was ousted

The notion that either side was "unarmed" is comical
I'm not surprised but there shouldn't be support for people or regimes that spin the truth.

^

In a perfect world there wouldn't be support for that,people would need to be honest and advance through merit but it's not like that unfortunately and I doubt it ever will be :\. Mis/disinformation is the name of the game,at least for regimes hoping to extend their rule without popular support. The lack of accountability from people in power at all levels is astounding but widespread. Look at the head of the NSA James Clapper for example,if the law and constitution was truly enforced he would be tried for blatantly lying under oath and to the face of everyone but nope,nothing. Instead you have the WH defending that kind of behavior :smh:

Last edited:
^

In a perfect world there wouldn't be support for that,people would need to be honest and advance through merit but it's not like that unfortunately and I doubt it ever will be
ohwell.gif
. Mis/disinformation is the name of the game,at least for regimes hoping to extend their rule without popular support. The lack of accountability from people in power at all levels is astounding but widespread. Look at the head of the NSA James Clapper for example,if the law and constitution was truly enforced he would be tried for blatantly lying under oath and to the face of everyone but nope,nothing. Instead you have the WH defending that kind of behavior
mean.gif
That is one of the reasons I hate Obama...I'm hoping for Rand Paul in 2016 I personally think he'll be the most honest president we'd have had in the past 50 years at least. 

That is one of the reasons I hate Obama...I'm hoping for Rand Paul in 2016 I personally think he'll be the most honest president we'd have had in the past 50 years at least. 
I don't trust Rand Paul. That dude waited quietly in the wings while his father was running for pres... and then turned around and supported Mitt over his own father in order to save face with the republican party. he's a puppet. Same reason i don't hate obama. he's a puppet too. they dont control anything except the troops as commander and chief

Last edited:
There isn't much grace in politics. Not since Kennedy. JFK was the last honest president you'll ever get. Everyone else will just be kicking the can down the road at this point.

doesn't really matter though... protestors won...
And now there are new protestors...

also, 

Why did the media and Obama make them out to be peaceful?

Two reasons:

1. The people of the country wanted to get rid of their president because he didn't represent their interests and was oppressive

2. The president sided with Russia, while the new government will side with the EU.. giving the US more and EU more influence in the region

Another thing to remember is that Crimea is a key warm water port for Russia, this is very important to keep under Russian control longterm, and without the stability of a russia friendly government, Russia had to make sure it's presence in the region was secure.

Anybody who knows about the situation in depth will already know this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom