Class of 2011 vol. Apply Online opens 8/1

Damn Im ranked in the bottom 5%. don't know where exactly. And my gpa is like a 1.5 - 2.5. Would I still have to take my sat if I'm planning to go to a cc and then transfer to a state school like ut Austin

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

Originally Posted by PhatBalla23

I got 1780...so @#$%^&* pissed right now.
mad.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

Crticial Reading- 530...I @#$%^&* hate reading.
Writing- 600
Math- 650

But that's the score I expected since I didn't prep or study at all.
ohwell.gif
Definitely retaking it this October and hoping I can get at least 2000.
I got 630 Critical Reading it's the only thing that I was actually good at
550 in math there was one section that was entirely "write in/fill in" and I beasted it but it was mostly like the experimental section
mad.gif

then 7/490 in Writing. As soon as I read the prompt I was like this is just turrible
I had the worst prompt of all time

OF ALL TIME.

this was my first time taking it ever. I did study but I didn't do any practice tests. I know I can get 2000+ if I try and get a different/better prompt
If not Longhorns/Aggies here I come.
eyes.gif

The fill in was not an experimental unless you had two fill in math sections on the exam.
I got 1860 on the January one. Not retaking it because it's already good enough for all the colleges I am applying for with my GPA. (2.9 ftl
smh.gif
)

Originally Posted by PhatBalla23

I got 1780...so @#$%^&* pissed right now.
mad.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

Crticial Reading- 530...I @#$%^&* hate reading.
Writing- 600
Math- 650

But that's the score I expected since I didn't prep or study at all.
ohwell.gif
Definitely retaking it this October and hoping I can get at least 2000.
I got 630 Critical Reading it's the only thing that I was actually good at
550 in math there was one section that was entirely "write in/fill in" and I beasted it but it was mostly like the experimental section
mad.gif

then 7/490 in Writing. As soon as I read the prompt I was like this is just turrible
I had the worst prompt of all time

OF ALL TIME.

this was my first time taking it ever. I did study but I didn't do any practice tests. I know I can get 2000+ if I try and get a different/better prompt
If not Longhorns/Aggies here I come.
eyes.gif

The fill in was not an experimental unless you had two fill in math sections on the exam.
I got 1860 on the January one. Not retaking it because it's already good enough for all the colleges I am applying for with my GPA. (2.9 ftl
smh.gif
)

Y'all did better than me though. I got a 1560, and I thought that I would at least get a 1800. At least my GPA is a 3.6 right now, so i should still get into some pretty good schools.

To the OP, a 1630 is actually good. The average of a high school student is a 1500, so you're in the above average mark.

Y'all did better than me though. I got a 1560, and I thought that I would at least get a 1800. At least my GPA is a 3.6 right now, so i should still get into some pretty good schools.

To the OP, a 1630 is actually good. The average of a high school student is a 1500, so you're in the above average mark.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

laugh.gif
Don't blame the prompt.
grin.gif

The future doesn't look bright.
frown.gif
laugh.gif
Nah. I have an A in IB English HL 1
and got high marks in the English Internal Assessment.
Writing isn't a problem, I just hate it when the topics/prompts are dumb down.

The prompt was basically how are people who are opposites able to get along.
So many logical fallacies ... but we'll see when the results for ACT come in
if I'm just a bad writer or if that was the worst prompt of all time.

OF ALL TIME.
You got to an IB school? I went to an IB school. Doesn't help you with college at all except teach you how to BS papers. Good luck getting college credit.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

laugh.gif
Don't blame the prompt.
grin.gif

The future doesn't look bright.
frown.gif
laugh.gif
Nah. I have an A in IB English HL 1
and got high marks in the English Internal Assessment.
Writing isn't a problem, I just hate it when the topics/prompts are dumb down.

The prompt was basically how are people who are opposites able to get along.
So many logical fallacies ... but we'll see when the results for ACT come in
if I'm just a bad writer or if that was the worst prompt of all time.

OF ALL TIME.
You got to an IB school? I went to an IB school. Doesn't help you with college at all except teach you how to BS papers. Good luck getting college credit.

Old School SAT > Current SAT

But anyways, if you don't do well in the writing portion and if you didn't get any IB/AP credits for english, you may have to take a basic writing course before you start your college's main writing course. It happened to me, just had to take an extra class. Still got my degree
pimp.gif

Don't sweat too much on the SAT. Peeps make a big deal out of it (because the overachieving high school kids are always looking for something concrete to compare, and test scores is the first thing that come to mind), but if you got other credentials to make yourself look good (high GPA, extracurriculars, sports, rank, community service etc..), then it'll all work out in the end.

Old School SAT > Current SAT

But anyways, if you don't do well in the writing portion and if you didn't get any IB/AP credits for english, you may have to take a basic writing course before you start your college's main writing course. It happened to me, just had to take an extra class. Still got my degree
pimp.gif

Don't sweat too much on the SAT. Peeps make a big deal out of it (because the overachieving high school kids are always looking for something concrete to compare, and test scores is the first thing that come to mind), but if you got other credentials to make yourself look good (high GPA, extracurriculars, sports, rank, community service etc..), then it'll all work out in the end.

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

Yeah I doubt if I'm actually getting the IB diploma but the fact that we get AP credit and no honors/regulars classes definitely boosts the GPA/Rank
and the fact that I can do a 2500 word paper and a video to match in one night will definitely help me in college.
Originally Posted by SoleAsian

smh.gif
)
Yeah I had two fill in sections. The first one half of it was entirely fill in. The second one it was like only 2 or 3 questions.

Yeah I doubt if I'm actually getting the IB diploma but the fact that we get AP credit and no honors/regulars classes definitely boosts the GPA/Rank
and the fact that I can do a 2500 word paper and a video to match in one night will definitely help me in college.
Originally Posted by SoleAsian

smh.gif
)
Yeah I had two fill in sections. The first one half of it was entirely fill in. The second one it was like only 2 or 3 questions.

Damn This was my first one.....Yall kilt my score. SMH man

I didnt study and suck at test taking....especially when its timed
embarassed.gif

safe to say ill be taking it over

Damn This was my first one.....Yall kilt my score. SMH man

I didnt study and suck at test taking....especially when its timed
embarassed.gif

safe to say ill be taking it over

laugh.gif
I did the whole IB diploma BS, graduated with flying colors, top 10 in the class, SAT on point, but got into 2 out of the 6 schools I applied to. Truth is, colleges don't care about IB.
grin.gif
I didn't believe it when I was in high school/applying to college, but the truth sucks. IB is just a bunch of brainwashing.

laugh.gif
I did the whole IB diploma BS, graduated with flying colors, top 10 in the class, SAT on point, but got into 2 out of the 6 schools I applied to. Truth is, colleges don't care about IB.
grin.gif
I didn't believe it when I was in high school/applying to college, but the truth sucks. IB is just a bunch of brainwashing.

650 on reading
700 on math
610 on writing with an 8 on the essay

1960 total

didn't like my prompt and my essay so I'll probably retake it

650 on reading
700 on math
610 on writing with an 8 on the essay

1960 total

didn't like my prompt and my essay so I'll probably retake it

Originally Posted by EmnabtnacesoRJ

I havent taken it.. Probably not going to anyways. I plan on going on a CC. Not so sure if it was a good idea tho
frown.gif

Everest College.

'Cause all you do is smoke streebo.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by EmnabtnacesoRJ

I havent taken it.. Probably not going to anyways. I plan on going on a CC. Not so sure if it was a good idea tho
frown.gif

Everest College.

'Cause all you do is smoke streebo.

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom