Classic Sports Pics

Add some sports pics that you feel are classic, meaning a picture that has some sort of significance in the world of sports. They don't have to be"powerful" or "change history", but just a picture that everyone would know. Also, try to add a "title" to it so that everyoneknows what the picture is about. I'll start.

Ali KO's Liston
11AlivsListon1965.jpg

Jordan Free-Throw Line Dunk
michael-jordan-free-throw-line-dunk-.jpg

*wonders how long it will take for non-classic pictures to enter the thread, with the NTer trying to convince folks that it really is a classic picture*

laugh.gif

one of the most famous IMO
hrbomf.jpg

others I enjoy, tear jerking momnets
2eaoso2.jpg

j9viqe.jpg

and one of my all time favs, have a huge framed photo of this one
JOE PA
vde7s.jpg

Anyone have Buckner's error, Willie Mays' catch, or Robinson stealing home?

Tyree's catch? Instant classic, in my opinion.

How 'bout Griffey's catch at the wall that broke his wrist or sprained his wrist or whatever? I think that's a classic because it foreshadows howawesome he was (GREAT catch) but what his major obstacle would be (injuries).

Nadia Comaneci's or Mary Lou Retton's perfect 10s? Classic.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Anyone have Buckner's error, Willie Mays' catch, or Robinson stealing home?

Tyree's catch? Instant classic, in my opinion.

How 'bout Griffey's catch at the wall that broke his wrist or sprained his wrist or whatever? I think that's a classic because it foreshadows how awesome he was (GREAT catch) but what his major obstacle would be (injuries).

Nadia Comaneci's or Mary Lou Retton's perfect 10s? Classic.
Funny, because I pasted those two in first, then decided to embed the vid instead. Here ya go:

BUCKPHU006000%7EMookie-Wilson-s-Grounder-Past-Bill-Buckner-1986-World-Series-Game-6-Posters.jpg

may0-023.jpg

cf.jpg

me, earlier:
*wonders how long it will take for non-classic pictures to enter the thread, with the NTer trying to convince folks that it really is a classic picture*

laugh.gif

Turns out it would take 10 replies.
PhilBalla09:
595-APTOPIX_World_Series_Rays_Phillies_Baseball.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

That is not classic, my dude.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

me, earlier:

laugh.gif
Turns out it would take 10 replies.
PhilBalla09:
595-APTOPIX_World_Series_Rays_Phillies_Baseball.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

That is not classic, my dude.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

dont hate 90% of the pics in here arent classic
laugh.gif

2006 College Football Play of the Year
9fz88n.jpg

I feel bad this happen 1 yr later ending a decent shot at an NFL career
24fmexj.jpg

areyouin729:
laugh.gif

I don't know. I disagree. Up to the point of that Lidge pic, there were 21 pics, and I personally feel like only 3 of them aren't really'classics', per se (the Mariners pileup, Boone's celebration, and Lidge's celebration). All the rest of them have some sort of significancebeyond just the meaning of that moment for that person on that team.

Know what I mean?

No biggie, though.

Got me out here looking like that ol' crickety man yelling 'You kids get off my lawn!'
laugh.gif

areyouin729:
laugh.gif
I don't know. I disagree. Up to the point of that Lidge pic, there were 21 pics, and I personally feel like only 3 of them aren't really 'classics', per se (the Mariners pileup, Boone's celebration, and Lidge's celebration). All the rest of them have some sort of significance beyond just the meaning of that moment for that person on that team.

Know what I mean?

No biggie, though.

Got me out here looking like that ol' crickety man yelling 'You kids get off my lawn!'
laugh.gif

i was just playing around anyway being a Philly sports guy

Back
Top Bottom