- Classical music thread -

So I tend to listen to classical music on the radio to subdue my rage when driving/commuting.

Find myself occasionally recognizing pieces from movies / TV etc and then having to try and identify them later on.

Figured i may aswel make a thread to see if i can identify some more gems :smokin

So yeah post your favorite.....

- Classical pieces
- Movie / TV scores
- Video game scores

First up.... I watched Arrival for the 3rd time last week. Managed to find this piece that features. I believe it's from the opening montage :frown:

18yr old Yunchan Lim won the Van Cliburn (youngest ever).

His rendition of Rach-3 is being called The GOAT...yes, better than Horowitz's. Yunchan just woke up the entire Classical Music genre worldwide.
Yunchan winning The Cliburn reminds me of when Tiger Woods won his 1st Masters in 1997.

For those who know, Yunchan played Liszt's Transcendental Etudes, all 12 of them in one sitting for the Van Cliburn competition semifinals...was insane.

18yr old Yunchan Lim won the Van Cliburn (youngest ever).

His rendition of Rach-3 is being called The GOAT...yes, better than Horowitz's. Yunchan just woke up the entire Classical Music genre worldwide.
Yunchan winning The Cliburn reminds me of when Tiger Woods won his 1st Masters in 1997.

I got no frame of reference for great piano performances but just by observing the speed of his hands it's clear that this was some incredible. ****.

Do you play piano yourself? shibadekobe shibadekobe

I got no frame of reference for great piano performances but just by observing the speed of his hands it's clear that this was some incredible. ****.

Do you play piano yourself? shibadekobe shibadekobe

Those 3 vids help better explain Yunchan's feat and better feel the excitement within the Classical music world. Sadly, classical music is dying and this kid might help save it.

I do play but not often.

Yunchan Lim will play Rach3 in LA at the Hollywood Bowl this August.

Back
Top Bottom