cleaning unkle dunkle sb dunks?

sup headz?

i picked up a pair of used unkle dunkles, so i could keep my deadstock pair deadstock, and have a pair to rock.

they came today, and they're a lil' beat up.

was wondering how you guys would suggest cleaning them up?

thanx...

a guy on iss did a good job restoring them, i suggest you hunt him down and pm him. although that would mean visiting iss, scratch that...

i searched iss high and low and didn't find anything on someone restoring them...

link me if you can please.

mine don't need to be restored really, just cleaned up a bit...

so far i've found a brush doesn't clean much on 'em, but a straight up wash cloth seemed to work decent...

Originally Posted by jphonix

i searched iss high and low and didn't find anything on someone restoring them...

so far i've found a brush doesn't clean much on 'em, but a straight up wash cloth seemed to work decent...
go through the cleaning/restoration thread on i$$, it's the only place i've seen someone do a perfect restore. you'll find it withinthe first 30 pages, then pm the guy who did it. trust me, i'm not going out searching for the thing for you, but you know exactly where it is.

Use a Mr.Clean Magic eraser first to take out surface dirt, then use dish soap and a sponge to scrub a little. Very simple method, cleans shoes nicely.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

go through the cleaning/restoration thread on i$$, it's the only place i've seen someone do a perfect restore. you'll find it within the first 30 pages, then pm the guy who did it. trust me, i'm not going out searching for the thing for you, but you know exactly where it is.
which thread?

i just went through the first 30 pages of "Post Your Clean Ups/Restorations HERE Vol. 2" anddidn't find dunkles...

thanx!

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

go through the cleaning/restoration thread on i$$, it's the only place i've seen someone do a perfect restore. you'll find it within the first 30 pages, then pm the guy who did it. trust me, i'm not going out searching for the thing for you, but you know exactly where it is.
which thread?

i just went through the first 30 pages of "Post Your Clean Ups/Restorations HERE Vol. 2" and didn't find dunkles...

thanx!

wonder if i could just throw 'em in the washer?

sick.gif

wonder if i could just throw 'em in the washer?

lol, my dad used to do this with all shoes. when i wasnt looking he would throw em in there...some came out really clean and some came out looking like a dogchewed em.

heh, i talk a good game, but i don't think i could throw these in the washer, definitely not without knowing someone else did it first and they came outfine (which is the only reason i threw some air max's in there, cuz i knew it worked, plus they're old as dirt anyways, and i got a 2nd pair)...

some stuff hasn't come out yet, but a lot has, with just magic eraser and shoe cleaner and a wash cloth...

what i'm unsure of is what material they are made of (the pink parts), so to use the correct cleaner, so i played it safe with suede and nubuck cleaner...

Back
Top Bottom