Coffee Drinkers: Come In

Found a great mug, went w/ the Contigo snapseal 20oz.

Keeps the drinks hot for up to 12hrs, actually, too hot :lol:

Keeps drinks cold for up to 8hrs. Put some iced coffee in at 6:30a, drank it all by 9:30a, ice was still solid at 9:30p :pimp:

If you want to simulate Vietnamese coffee at Starbucks:

Starbucks double shot
1 classic
Light milk

[QUOTE name="throwedyonasb"]
Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

3452564_f520.jpg

I'm not a big fan of coffee but I was Portugal 12 years ago and we got a set menu deal at a local restaurant. They came out with something that looked like that at the end - it was like rocket fuel but it was delicious.

Still never found out what it was.
[/quote]

Found something close this time last year. Was in Cyprus for a meeting and at breakfast one morning a guy I was with ordered "a little Greek one" and it was very good. Some sort of double brewing thing - gritty at the bottom but thick and delicious.

[QUOTE name="kdawg"]
Originally Posted by kdawg

[QUOTE name="Zero 0123"]
Originally Posted by Zero 0123

I've been using the Nespresso machine, and so far not bad. Not the best espresso money can buy, but it does the job. I'm a fan.

I've got one of those at work - pretty good but the pods are expensive and I can only find the branded ones - I don't know anyone who makes cheaper ones.

We got a new machine at home that the local store sells generic pods for and they're much cheaper.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've only found the Nespresso branded pods for them. But it's not too bad. I'm usually a double shot drinker, so two pods a day is still cheaper than going to Starbucks for me. (unfortunately where I live it's Starbucks or crap coffee.) It's pretty much under a dollar per shot. Sometimes I do one regular espresso shot and then reuse the pod for another one. It's a lighter brew but it still tastes decent.
[/quote]

It's a few years since I said that and there are plenty of generic ones available now.

I've not had anything better than cold press recently. No bitterness at all and good hot or cold. It makes a kind of dense syrup which you can keep in the fridge and just dilute with hot or cold water. Fresh coarsely ground beans are all you need.

Starbucks actually sells Vietnamese beans from dalat in their reserve line

It's really mild tho

Its robusta while Vietnamese coffee is usually arabica with chickory

Made my first cold brew over the weekend in my French press. Thanks for the inspiration, fellas! I'll definitely be making these more often.

Anyone else feel as if their Keurig machine coffee is only hot for a short period of time :smh: . Every cup I have gets cold way too quick.

Try using a double-wall mug - usually keeps my coffee at the right temperature for a while longer

Last edited:
for cold brew I just throw the grounds in a container, put a lid on let them soak for 24 hrs, stirring occasionally then strain it twice

For me it goes
1) Vietnamese Coffee using Cafe de Mondo
2) illy Italian
3) Lavazza
4) Cafe Bustelo (I'm Dominican)

French press coffee is the way to go. The absolute best coffee I’ve ever tried was at this MGM grand breakfast place, I asked them what kind of coffee it was and they said Douwe egberts.. came to find out it’s not one of their whole bean coffee you can simply buy but some kind of liquid concentrate with a certain machine. Anyone ever had this coffee anywhere?

I drink my coffee black. I just drink whatever they have brewing in the office. I’m not paying for black coffee.

Honestly? I judge anyone who drinks those fancy sugar laden coffee concoctions.

Some creamer and sugar is understandable, I suppose. But if you getting a venti caramel bacon frappe milkshake I can’t take you seriously.

Been grinding whole bean south American blends for about 2 years now. Folgers taste and smells like burnt toast to me now.

Started using honey instead of sugar as well and it's not bad.

Both are great for cold brews

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 7.43.40 PM.png

Sometimes I grind up whole beans and use the filter that comes with the cold brewer, other times I just buy the Trader Joe's Cold brew packs.

The cold brew packs are easier but if you get your grind right with the whole beans its extremely satisfying.

is there a lot of sediment with those? I have a couple of different primula cold brew things and I always end up having to pour the brew through paper filters at least a couple of times to get rid of sediment, it's really time consuming.

is there a lot of sediment with those? I have a couple of different primula cold brew things and I always end up having to pour the brew through paper filters at least a couple of times to get rid of sediment, it's really time consuming.

Nearly none.

Having 2 kids, being a student, and working an opening shift at 4:45am I smash energy drinks.
I usually drink a Bang a weekday, sometimes later in the day a 12 oz red bull too.

Big fan of Turkish and Cuban coffee. If I'm out with friends, I go for a cappuccino or flat white. Not a fan of drip coffee at all

Glad i found this thread. Interesting stuff in here.

I drink coffee every morning. Usually just starbucks. But i buy whats on sale at the grocery store some times too but never foldgers or maxwell house. Prefer dark roast. Been on a Verona kick and always have a bag of Sumatra or Pikes Place at the house too. Always down to try something new. But since i drink it daily i usually try not to spend an arm and a leg on a bag. I like a little bit of cream and sugar too.

On the weekends il french press some coffee when i can sit around the house and relax. I have a manual espresso machine too so i will make a decent late now and again.

Back
Top Bottom