College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

how 'bout one thread for this stuff?

Coaching changes

Sean Sutton out at OSU
Tom Crean to Indiana
Darin Horn to South Carolina
Mike Montgomery to California
LSU job open (Travis Ford? Anthony Grant?)

Players leaving for NBA

Derrick Caracter
Brook Lopez
Robin Lopez
Eric Gordon
Ryan Anderson
Earl Clark
Jerryd Bayless

Transfers

Taylor King leaving Duke
Armon Bassett leaving Indiana
Jamarcus Ellis leaving Indiana

word. crazy day.

hopson to tenn.
laugh.gif

Off-season? We got NIT final four tonight and the real final four in 4 days...
laugh.gif

Nah - this is a good post though, there oughta be a lot of interesting news coming out in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Players leaving for NBA

Derrick Caracter
Brook Lopez
Robin Lopez

Transfers

({}) Boy leaving Duke
Armon Bassett leaving Indiana
Jamarcus Ellis leaving Indiana

Players leaving for Turkmenistan

Derrick Caracter

[h1]Hoosiers pick Marquette's Crean as new coach[/h1]
By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer 3 minutes ago

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP)-Indiana University will hire Marquette's Tom Crean as its basketball coach and is expected to introduce him at a news conferenceWednesday.

University trustee Philip Eskew confirmed the hiring.

Eskew said Crean had signed a letter-of-intent with the university and was meeting with his team Tuesday night.

The hiring comes near the end of a tumultuous six-week period in which former Hooisers coach Kelvin Sampson resigned amid an NCAA scandal, interim coach DanDakich replaced him and then lost four of seven games.

I don't know if it's true, but it comes from Yahoo.. Yahoo can't pull an April Fools can it???

Edit: It's true, I just saw it on the bottom ticker on ESPN..

Also add Javale McGee to players leaving early..

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I just hope Bayless & Budinger stay at Arizona
pimp.gif

They both are still deciding....
With Jennings playing the point Bayless will put up a lot of points playing off the ball

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Off-season? We got NIT final four tonight and the real final four in 4 days...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
i know right? that's why i put it in ""'s.

laugh.gif
at dre.

I hope Tom knows what he is getting into. He is a good coach and he might be the man to bring this program back .

Originally Posted by The Lowa

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I just hope Bayless & Budinger stay at Arizona
pimp.gif

They both are still deciding....
With Jennings playing the point Bayless will put up a lot of points playing off the ball

Why would Bayless come back to not play the point? If he wants to raise his stock by returning, he needs to show more playmaking ability, he already hasproved that he can score.

And Budinger should return, his game is not where it needs to be.

Calhoun said the other day, two players, not including thabeet, wont be on the roster next year, should have somethin official within the week i guess.

And if budinger and bayless return, AZ will be scary next year w/ jennings

U of A fans rejoice: Kevin O'Neill not returning next year.

EDIT: link

TUCSON, Ariz. - Arizona's LuteOlson said he had his players' interests in mind when he took a personal leave of absence last season.

"The reason that I took the leave was that I didn't feel that I could be fair to the kids," Olson said. "And despite what maybe some ofyou think, the main thing that I have, in my 50 or 51 years (in coaching), has been the concern of the kids."
[table][tr][td]
LUTEOLSON250_7-31.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lute Olson will return to be Arizona's head coach after taking a leave of absence this season.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Beyond that, a combative Olson declined to discuss the reasons behind his leave during a televised 48-minute news conference at McKale Center onTuesday.

Olson also said assistant coach Kevin O'Neill will not remainon his staff, although O'Neill said last week he planned to honor the second year of a two-year commitment he made to the program. O'Neill led theWildcats for the season and had been named as Olson's successor when he retires.

"When he said he's coming back, or that he's going to fulfill the terms of his contract, he won't be on the staff," Olson said.

Olson announced that he was going on leave Nov. 4, and one month later he said he was extending it through the season - on the same day he filed for divorcefrom his wife, Christine.

"Frankly, even though I realize I'm a public figure, I don't think I need to go into every nuance of my private life," the 73-year-oldOlson said. "There were things going on in my life that did create some health issues that I needed time to address. But it was not a healthscare."

Calhoun said the other day, two players, not including thabeet, wont be on the roster next year, should have somethin official within the week i guess.
I know one of them and possibly the 2nd but I'm not gonna say and somehow end up being wrong, end up like Colin Love, and look like a damnfool thinkin' I was Inside Edition
laugh.gif

Kevin O'Neil not returning = the
pimp.gif
ness

Anyway at this point I'd say its 50/50 whether or not Bayless comes back and 65/35 in favor of Budinger returning.

Just saw on TV, that GMU's Jim Larranaga interviewed for the Providence College coaching vacancy.

players leaving uconn are most likely curtis kelly and doug wiggins

wiggins should have honored his committment and stayed in ny

would be starting next year for sure at sju

wait a tick...taylor king is transferring?

please don't come back to california.

Keegan Bell is transferring from Vandy because his dad doesn't think Coach Stallings wants his PG to shoot.

It's another one of those dad tries to be overbearing and the kid follows the dad not the coach incidents.

hopson to tenn.
laugh.gif

good riddance.

dude committed to mississippi state for over a year, then just changes his mind right before signing day.

i realize at the end of the day it's just basketball and it's hard to fault an 18-year old kid for wanting to evaluate all options thoroughly, but whata crappy thing to do to a team, a coach, and its fans. if you're not sure, don't commit!!! hopefully stansbury has a back-up plan. if jamont leaves,we are looking at the bottom of the sec.

Back
Top Bottom