College NT'ers: Do you rent your textbooks or buy them from the bookstore??

just tryna see how many ppl actually have tried renting your books for school instead of buying them from the bookstore. I did it this semester and it worked out well for me, anyone else do this?

....check out my sig for a discount code to use on chegg.com
*and to everyone who did the survey for me last time i hope you got your $20 coupons by now cuz i already got mine and spent it
pimp.gif

Take out at the library or find em online unless I'm pressed for time then I went to GotUsed

my university has a pretty good book buy back program so i usually just buy them out of laziness. typically get 70-100% of the purchase price back if you sell it to the bookstore at the end of the quarter, unless there was recently a new edition published in which case you get nothing (
indifferent.gif
)

buy them usually from amazon, then sell them right after for about the same price i bought them for. I always buy used.

While I used to borrow a lot from girls in my class I had a lot of different things I did to get by. I would use the xerox machine at my job to copy the chapters I needed. but FINALLY I began to date a girl that worked in the bookstore and she would get them for me. I miss colleghe
frown.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Buy them from Amazon, sell them back through Amazon.
bought my book for $5+$5shipping. The book store was selling it for $110. Mine didn't come with a CD though.. but who cares. I also just check out the books from the library but that can get frustrating.

If it's a really cheap textbook under $50 then I'll get it from the bookstore. Anything more then I'll either rent it or get the online version from CourseSmart. Sometimes I even prefer the online version b/c I feel like it helps me comprehend things more if I read it on a computer screen.

Buy then sell back, just gotta be patient with selling back. I rented one semester and had such a bad experience. Since my CC was on file got charged full cover prices since the books were returned  in a subpar condition even though I recieved them in pretty crappy condition
indifferent.gif
..luckily I disputed the charge and got it removed.

Most of the time I never bought the book.  Didnt see a need to do it.  If it was a major class or something I really enjoyed, Id buy it from the bookstore and keep it.

I used chegg.com and was pretty happy with it, but always check your school's library first.

Back
Top Bottom