COLORADO NTERS...

Originally Posted by maldonado

I suggest making the trip to Denver to eat at Toms for lunch.

yup!

haha, YES. Tom's is the Truth (with a capital T). don't sleep. 11-2 M-F, $10 cash. the absolute hookup. we call it THC (Tom's HomeCookin'), because it's THAT CHRONIC. lol. just dont' mess around and accidentally go to Tom's diner on colfax instead, that would be verysad.

also, cosign manitou springs. total yupped out richy rich white folks area but some incredible places to eat around there. ted's is a chain though, soit's not really indigenous, and it's a little expensive (the one on Larimer Square downtown jacked their prices up something filthy, $12 for a buffaloburger last time i went in there). if you're gonna eat a burger though, you need to go to Denver and eat at the Cherry Cricket, My Brother's Bar, orthis new joint called Park Burger. those are the best burgers in the city as far as I'm concerned. I could go on ALL DAY about food, it's my favoritething. I like it even more than sneakers I think.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

haha, YES. Tom's is the Truth (with a capital T). don't sleep. 11-2 M-F, $10 cash. the absolute hookup. we call it THC (Tom's Home Cookin'), because it's THAT CHRONIC. lol. just dont' mess around and accidentally go to Tom's diner on colfax instead, that would be very sad.

also, cosign manitou springs. total yupped out richy rich white folks area but some incredible places to eat around there. ted's is a chain though, so it's not really indigenous, and it's a little expensive (the one on Larimer Square downtown jacked their prices up something filthy, $12 for a buffalo burger last time i went in there). if you're gonna eat a burger though, you need to go to Denver and eat at the Cherry Cricket, My Brother's Bar, or this new joint called Park Burger. those are the best burgers in the city as far as I'm concerned. I could go on ALL DAY about food, it's my favorite thing. I like it even more than sneakers I think.

Hmmmmmm....never heard of it. Where's this located? I might need to hit them up....

it's a new joint, it's at Pearl and Jewel I think? or real close to there. check out their site parkburger.com. the frenchie and the park royal areboth delicious, and el chilango is the next one on my list.

I'm a die-hard cherry cricket fan and I think park burger is good, if that tells you anything...

we should share more about cutty restaurants in the area in this thread. it doesn't have to be about sneakers all the time, does it? haha.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

Dudes Over At NT Are CLUELESS As Always!
smh.gif
That's because I'm not working over there no more
laugh.gif

What's up NT? I have not been on here in a minute, but it's nice to see this thread we got poppin like 4 years ago is still going strong.

Dudes at NT are just interesting. Ill leave it at that. My boy works there and laughs at them people. N e wayz. Sole i was in the Fort today visiting mycousins at CSU homie, should have hit u up. Straight BBQ and sippy sip

Just popping up to salute all the CO NT'ers...

pimp.gif

Never miss home until you're away (sad face).

Originally Posted by ddw063

Dom how is the sneaker scene there in Italy? I know you have found a nice spot by now.

The sneaker scene is laughable ...most Italians only rock Air Max 90's and 97's. A few express interest when they see me wearing some Kobe's orGriffey's, a few even own shoe spots that sell super colorful European and Japan exclusives that nobody can afford. I guess American shoe culture is one ofthe few things that hasn't made the trek overseas.

Illuztrious-How is life man, u r an OG NT'er that my friends use to tell me about. How is Italy man. On a side not fellas....after wasting 3 hours of mylife watching josh mcdaniels mess up the broncos, i concluded a few things. Jay Cutler isnt a cry baby or a whiner; he is smart and right. Why in the worldwould u wanna trade Cutler for a Career backup(including college) aka Matt Castle. And 2 Rodey Harrison can put together a suite very well..Also man its notmentioned here but R.I.P DJ AM a favorite of mine

Illuztrious-How is life man, u r an OG NT'er that my friends use to tell me about.

I wouldn't exactly say OG. I've been on NT for about 5 years, about 1/2 the time as the OG's. Thanks tho'. Italy is nice, I'm reallygrateful for the experience but I would give anything to be back in CO for the fall. That's my favorite season to be out there. Ah well.

laugh.gif
@ career back-up

I've always heard the name but I've never heard DJ AM's work before. RIP all the same tho', 36 is hella young.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

The sneaker scene is laughable ...most Italians only rock Air Max 90's and 97's. A few express interest when they see me wearing some Kobe's or Griffey's, a few even own shoe spots that sell super colorful European and Japan exclusives that nobody can afford. I guess American shoe culture is one of the few things that hasn't made the trek overseas.

LOL...my little brother is in the Army and is stationed outside of Venice. He says that all the Italians wear only air maxs and colorful @%+ Pumas. Example:limegreen Pumas, silver skinny jeans, and a pink extra smedium polo
laugh.gif
.Sounds real ayo to me. And I heard Rome was dirty as hell but has a few decent pick-up spots.

I got to hear DJ AM spin in Houston all star weekend I was impressed with the skill. 36 is a young age I turned 36 today you never know when your time will beup. I know he was a big sneaker enthusiast from a few mags and you tube. He had on Eminem IVs I believe that night.

Dudes at NT are just interesting. Ill leave it at that. My boy works there and laughs at them people. N e wayz. Sole i was in the Fort today visiting my cousins at CSU homie, should have hit u up. Straight BBQ and sippy sip
When I worked there 2 years ago or so, you had a lot of people who really enjoyed the place, stayed rather up on their stuff, etc. now it'sessentially the same type of 16 year old moron that works at a Footlocker (not saying everyone who works at footlocker is a moron, but you know). It's kindof a shame, I could tell with the type of people they were bringing in when I was leaving that things were headed downhill. It sucks but things change.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Illuztrious-How is life man, u r an OG NT'er that my friends use to tell me about. How is Italy man. On a side not fellas....after wasting 3 hours of my life watching josh mcdaniels mess up the broncos, i concluded a few things. Jay Cutler isnt a cry baby or a whiner; he is smart and right. Why in the world would u wanna trade Cutler for a Career backup(including college) aka Matt Castle. And 2 Rodey Harrison can put together a suite very well..Also man its not mentioned here but R.I.P DJ AM a favorite of mine

RIP AM, that is messed up, especially after that plane crash last year. somebody in another thread mentioned he was a NTer too.

as for Cutler, he's still a hot head whiner, you could see him b*tching and moaning after a couple plays in the game yesterday, that's just part of whohe is. but it doesn't mean he wasn't justified in wanting to get out. the Broncos are edging toward being the worst team in football right now. I knowthat's rough to say after just 3 pre-season games, but to be honest, it looks like they're playing like it's regular season. they're trying.and still losing. it's pathetic. all these injuries already. marshall sitting the rest of preseason, mcdaniels don't know WHAT the F he's doing,this team is royally F'ed at this point. I wish I still had the optimism I had a couple months ago, but I don't. I will be surprised if we get 4 winsthis season. I can only hope that somehow Mike Nolan can help McDaniels learn how to coach but I think McD has Belicheck's member so far up his cooch heprobably won't listen to anybody. LOSE THE SLEEVELESS HOODIE YOU D-BAG. oh well, what can you do. GO NUGGETS!!

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Illuztrious-How is life man, u r an OG NT'er that my friends use to tell me about. How is Italy man. On a side not fellas....after wasting 3 hours of my life watching josh mcdaniels mess up the broncos, i concluded a few things. Jay Cutler isnt a cry baby or a whiner; he is smart and right. Why in the world would u wanna trade Cutler for a Career backup(including college) aka Matt Castle. And 2 Rodey Harrison can put together a suite very well..Also man its not mentioned here but R.I.P DJ AM a favorite of mine

RIP AM, that is messed up, especially after that plane crash last year. somebody in another thread mentioned he was a NTer too.

as for Cutler, he's still a hot head whiner, you could see him b*tching and moaning after a couple plays in the game yesterday, that's just part of who he is. but it doesn't mean he wasn't justified in wanting to get out. the Broncos are edging toward being the worst team in football right now. I know that's rough to say after just 3 pre-season games, but to be honest, it looks like they're playing like it's regular season. they're trying. and still losing. it's pathetic. all these injuries already. marshall sitting the rest of preseason, mcdaniels don't know WHAT the F he's doing, this team is royally F'ed at this point. I wish I still had the optimism I had a couple months ago, but I don't. I will be surprised if we get 4 wins this season. I can only hope that somehow Mike Nolan can help McDaniels learn how to coach but I think McD has Belicheck's member so far up his cooch he probably won't listen to anybody. LOSE THE SLEEVELESS HOODIE YOU D-BAG. oh well, what can you do. GO NUGGETS!!

Thank You denverairforce. We were sitting around watching he game like why is McDaniels looking like a Bill Belicheck clone. This season is going to be sad. Wewill win 3 games max. Orton will show why he should be a career backup like Cassel. But hey we may get Sam Bradford next year. So there is a positive. And dontget me started on the Nuggets. J.R. Smith' s suspension really ticked me off.

Jhob now you know I am not the biggest Bronco fan, but you guys do not want Sam Bradford next year. He is the next Leinart, Alex Smith, etc.... a great collegeQB who fizzes out in the pros.

how the heck did he get suspended 7 games for something that happened 2 years ago? it said he was suspended for the reckless driving from the accident"and for prior and subsequent motor vehicle offenses." so they also suspended him for even OLDER stuff? oh man. that's just wrong. stern sucksman. I am excited about the Nuggets though, I like the moves they made, guys they signed, etc. lots of hype from last year now, so, more pressure, but I thinkthey'll be able to play better than last year with a good training camp together.

Broncos guaranteed 4 - 12...Nuggets I believe are going all the way this year
pimp.gif
as for the Rockies, I think they will make a strong appearance in the play offs but won't go all the way to the World Series....that will beDodgers and Yankees.

dont forget all of those that were calling for George Karls head before we made a push to the Western Conference Finals. and dont even get me started on theRockies..

winning cures all ills.
The Broncos have a MONSTEROUS schedule, dont expect them to do great numbers this year.

But overall, without a doubt, and very contrary to popular opinion, McDaniels is getting us moving in the right direction, and we will be winning very soon.
thats my word.

you heard it here first.
salute.gif

to expect him to get us to Super Bown contention in one off-season is naive.
give hime time (as painful as it can be at times)
Orton probably isn't the long term answer, but we're def rollin with him for this season.
the defense looks loads better(that aging secondary is actually gonna be one of the best this year) and once we get the wheels turnin on the offense(we'retoo talented offensively, eventually we're gonna get the machine going) we're gonna be explosive.

I suggest letting all those negative feelings dissipate and let it play out before crucifying the coach.
pre-season has never been a good pre-cursor of how a team will do during the regular season anyway.

sidebar,
my cherry Cricket order yesterday, highly recommended:
th_beer2.gif

a cricket burger, spicy blackened rub, herb-garlic cream cheese, and freshly diced jalapenos.

get wit it.
mane2ej6.gif

I'm a die-hard cherry cricket fan and I think park burger is good, if that tells you anything...

we should share more about cutty restaurants in the area in this thread. it doesn't have to be about sneakers all the time, does it? haha.

Have you been to Billy's Inn at 44'th and Lowell? I think they're burgers are pretty damn good as well

maldonado you're right thanks being positive. i was just venting cuz i am trying to be excited but they aren't giving many reasons to. yeah they allneed time to become a team again really, so i shouldn't trip so much yet. it's just painful, haha, i don't take it well. i still don't like thesituation, and whether he's good or not as a coach i just don't like his whole vibe thus far. but there's a lot of good players that i wanna seehave a good year. dumervil, royal, marshall (?), bailey/dawkins, lots of other good stuff. regardless, go broncos. and that burger sounds amazing. blackenedseasoning is next level.

maldonado- u r right. And i am like denverairforce i just want to see them do well. But McDaniels has come off a little too strong. I feel he is trying tohard. But we do forget this fact...Bill Bellcheck did bench Beldsoe for Brady. And look how that turned out. So maybe McDaniels does know wat he is doing. Andwe just cant see the method to his madness. I have no doubt he will be a great coach but he rubbed me the wrong way, early in his head coach career. And as faras J.R., i agree how do u get suspended for something u did years ago. Kinda like Vick who was suspended indefinitely, then got suspended again. Thesecommissioners make no sense

Back
Top Bottom