Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

Lol is that why I never get calls back now because I don't go pick up because I go to multiple malls and enter raffles I can't afford to pick all them Js up :frown:

I always felt like that's hows they think...  o, you want to enter the raffle, and then when we pick you, you don't even come and get them ? you're done  for next time then :lol:  

They look at it as if you are wasting their time by having them call you and you don't show up.

Lol is that why I never get calls back now because I don't go pick up because I go to multiple malls and enter raffles I can't afford to pick all them Js up
frown.gif
This is exactly what I was thinking...Why enter one raffle when multiple ones increase your chances of winning. If I win all the raffles I entered I know im not going to pick up all them shoes, but im sure they will sell out on the same day if its a hyped release. 

Man I feel like if u win and don't pick up you should be blk balled. I mean that store gotta sell shoes. Right......

Why get the tix if ur not sure..... Then deprive someone else who would have
A. Brought them and gave the store a sale
B. More than likely to come back and do biz

There are lots of people who enter and not pick up. Let something hype drop like the 7's next month... They will be the sameones bring the whole family

That's the part of raffles I don't like. Well other than the list of other reasons.
Rigged... Lack of info.... Time windows.... Blah blah blah and waiting in line for a raffle

Places are starting the do pick up like like 10-2. Them if the pairs aren't picked up. They're re raffled then those chosen will have from 2-closing. Then left over stock is sold the next day. So that kinda helps out your points,

That's why they ask you when they call
"Hey your name was picked to purchase the Jordan this weekend, were you still interested in getting them?"
If you already grabbed another at a different store and don't want multiples, that's when you say "no thank you, I already secured a pair else where". And they call the next person. But people are idiots and don't do this

The raffle system is the better of all evils. Would you rather sit in line at one store for hours hoping that some sxxxhead didn't cut in line? Personally I'd rather do some leg work before the release and hope I get thru past a couple stores that rig the raffles. And still have the opportunity to try online

"Hey your name was picked to purchase the Jordan this weekend, were you still interested in getting them?"
If you already grabbed another at a different store and don't want multiples, that's when you say "no thank you, I already secured a pair else where". And they call the next person. But people are idiots and don't do this

Considering all the raffles are handled differently and it forces you to enter as many as possible you can get calls on Wed and not receive the others until Friday evening. I've picked up all my raffle wins but if I win at a smaller store like DTLR but get a call from FTL later I'm going to pick up the FTL pair. Am I suppose to call DTLR back? :lol:

They don't call me when they switch the days to sign up :rofl:

Raffles are the lesser of all evils but they're annoying/frustrating for customers and the store employees.

Imagine the person who drives to that mall every release for a raffle ticket and never wins. Now that's a waste of time

And gas.

A lot of YALL make valid points but at the end of the day, we are going to want something they have (J's) and not the other way around. I believe most are corrupted anyway, and the kicks are already counted for before the "actual" raffle begins. So no need to be inquisitive about why you don't get the call on the raffles.

A lot of YALL make valid points but at the end of the day, we are going to want something they have (J's) and not the other way around. I believe most are corrupted anyway, and the kicks are already counted for before the "actual" raffle begins. So no need to be inquisitive about why you don't get the call on the raffles.

thats precisely whats happening

I win raffles

but I don't expect a place like DTLR to have a legit one

I also go to the stores that have the largest allotments in my area.

You missed a lot.

1.  Some folks think these will hit discount and then outlet
2.  Some folks think 1.0% is the same thing as 100%

3.  Some folks will pass because these are $190 and not $185

In case you miss launch you will then miss

1.  Some claiming that Nike has sold them fakes

2.  Someone complaining about a glue stain somewhere on the shoe
3.  Someone saying this remaster program is BS and they cant tell the difference

Hopefully you will miss

1.  Someone buying a size 18 to swap with a size 9.5

I just searched back 4 pages to find the original post to rep you. Very funny!

Raffles here aren't all the way rigged, but they're rigged :lol:  
none are ALL the way rigged because if some dont go out organically someone would ovb get curious & possibly uncover the bs but its rigged to the point where if xyz store gets 35 pairs of somtheing limited trust 15 may actually go out to real raffle winners

You missed a lot.

1. Some folks think these will hit discount and then outlet
2. Some folks think 1.0% is the same thing as 100%

3. Some folks will pass because these are $190 and not $185

In case you miss launch you will then miss

1. Some claiming that Nike has sold them fakes

2. Someone complaining about a glue stain somewhere on the shoe
3. Someone saying this remaster program is BS and they cant tell the difference

Hopefully you will miss

1. Someone buying a size 18 to swap with a size 9.5

I just searched back 4 pages to find the original post to rep you. Very funny!

just figured out you can hit the arrow by the sn & it takes you to the og post

oh that's 100% true, but to get in the "pre-raffle" you have to be loyal which means picking up pairs you dont really want. Like these, Im not a super fan, but I grabbed to help my go to store ensure a sell out as quick as possible, and they take care of me when I "need something" because they know I won't flake on the so-so releases, and I 110% appreciate that. It's not always about lacing pockets. Some stores are just looking for a client base they can trust to purchase. Simple networking does help

Last edited:

Lol is that why I never get calls back now because I don't go pick up because I go to multiple malls and enter raffles I can't afford to pick all them Js up
frown.gif
nah, but if i get multiple phone calls i always tell them i won all ready some where else... 

The raffle system is the better of all evils. Would you rather sit in line at one store for hours hoping that some sxxxhead didn't cut in line? Personally I'd rather do some leg work before the release and hope I get thru past a couple stores that rig the raffles. And still have the opportunity to try online
exactly

After this copp, I'm going to check out the Chicago 10 thread "Double Nickel" or whatever they want to call it. Haven't decided on Oreo's yet.

oh that's 100% true, but to get in the "pre-raffle" you have to be loyal which means picking up pairs you dont really want. Like these, Im not a super fan, but I grabbed to help my go to store ensure a sell out as quick as possible, and they take care of me when I "need something" because they know I won't flake on the so-so releases, and I 110% appreciate that. It's not always about lacing pockets. Some stores are just looking for a client base they can trust to purchase. Simple networking does help
I can't do this 

Back
Top Bottom