Common - Nobody's Smiling (Album Thread) 4th single - The Neighborhood f. Lil Herb & Cocaine 80's

Glad Common is back to form and not that bs that he was on a few years ago.

I hate when dudes go too far out of their lane because it kills the flow from album to album. The only act that I can think of that hasn't dropped that one or two wack albums yet is The Roots. Although I think Undun was their weakest album yet, it was still solid.

De La Soul also.

Those dudes have switched styles quite a few times while still staying true to themselves and maintaining a very high level of quality in their music.

I'm seeing that both Target and Best Buy have deluxe editions. Target is saying that they have one "exclusive" track though. Any idea what that track is?

Common & No ID have always been good together.

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

Ever sense( :nthat: ) Electric Critcus I temper expectations with his albums.

Last edited:
Minus Electric Circus and Universal Mind Control :smile:x), you can't go wrong with Common albums

Electric Circus was a classic you guys are tripping.. UMC was trash though..

People hate dramatic shifts. Sonically EC was great, it was fresh, new, & experimental.

Naw b, Eclectic Crap was garbage and Common is one of my favorite rappers.

Erykah had his nose wide open with that.

Different doesn't mean it's good.

I feel you, but im saying it was a classic to me. Go back into any rappers catalog and you're hard press to hear something so unique. Only thing i can think of is 3K Love Below Portion.

One Day It'll All Make Sense is my favorite Com album, but I enjoy listening to EC the most. So it's a classic to me. I think a lot of people like it on the low, but they just follow the public opinion on how they say they feel about the album.

It just brings me back to the time when the Soulquarians were together. They would get together and make funky *** music like that.

Last edited:
Album is flames. Listening to it right now, you can tell he took his time on this one. I think Commons albums have been better when he sticks to one main producer for most if the album. When it's mixed it's like he's trying to do one song from every possible genre of hip hop and then through in something soulful somewhere. This time around it all goes together well.

I pre ordered from ITUNES the album is cohesive i like it alot.... LIL HERB got my respect for coming like he came on THE NEIGHBORHOOD...They all should stop rapping on those TRAP BEATS & stick to that type of sound he came hard.....REWIND THAT is dope though much respect to COM for keeping DILLA'S memory alive..

Last edited:
7 deadly sins & Out on Bond = 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 RAW. 

This whole album is cold. Nothing else needs to be said.

Anybody knows what the sample says on the hook of "Nobody's Smiling"? 

Album is decent but nothing special. Starts off solid but is weak in the middle with some tracks with really weak hooks. Album finishes strong as well. I don't understand how Made In Black America with Ab-Soul didn't make this album....song easily would have been the best track on the album with Kingdom.

I have to give this a few more listens but right now I would give it a 3.5/5.

Back
Top Bottom