Complex 50 Most Racist TV Shows of All Time vol. Reaching? Not on #1

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

aarchie-bunker1.jpg

somebody tell me where this show is on the list, i dont even feel like reading through all that
its not on there my g

If "Seinfeld" was racist then what about "Good Times"? Or "What's Happening"? HUH!? Where were the white people in "What's Happening"!?

Oh wait . . It's almost like . . those shows were actually depicting realistic human behavior in American society. I know, it's insane to imagine a scenario where a circle of 4 friends living in Manhattan would ONLY include white people. Equally insane to imagine those 4 people dating within their race for the majority of the time. That simply isn't the norm in real life.

If "Seinfeld" was racist then what about "Good Times"? Or "What's Happening"? HUH!? Where were the white people in "What's Happening"!?

Oh wait . . It's almost like . . those shows were actually depicting realistic human behavior in American society. I know, it's insane to imagine a scenario where a circle of 4 friends living in Manhattan would ONLY include white people. Equally insane to imagine those 4 people dating within their race for the majority of the time. That simply isn't the norm in real life.

^^ South Park is on the list.

The funny thing about South Park and Family Guy is that they purposely push the envelope to piss off people like the one that made that stupid list.
We don't think whiteface is racist, either—but, in the interest of fairness, here you go...cracker.
Crying about racism, while being racist....FTL

Complex is garbage.

The funny thing about South Park and Family Guy is that they purposely push the envelope to piss off people like the one that made that stupid list.
We don't think whiteface is racist, either—but, in the interest of fairness, here you go...cracker.

Complex is garbage.

tumblr_l0bie9IccR1qza49co1_500.png

"These crazy bastards."

Talking about no people of color on Seinfeld. Dumb @#$++ probably never watched the show. Friends is the show with no black people (til it's last season).
indifferent.gif
@ Outsourced being in the top 10. The show not even 10 eps in to it's season.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is racist?
laugh.gif
alien.gif

Where's all the really racist shows?

tumblr_l0bie9IccR1qza49co1_500.png

"These crazy bastards."

Talking about no people of color on Seinfeld. Dumb @#$++ probably never watched the show. Friends is the show with no black people (til it's last season).
indifferent.gif
@ Outsourced being in the top 10. The show not even 10 eps in to it's season.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is racist?
laugh.gif
alien.gif

Where's all the really racist shows?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Complex is garbage.

Which # is SP? That should have been #1 or AT LEAST Top 10.

Complex is garbage.

I loved watching Homeboys in Outerspace.

Exactly what role would a black person have in 1950s Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Happy days was
pimp.gif

I loved watching Homeboys in Outerspace.

Exactly what role would a black person have in 1950s Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Happy days was
pimp.gif

South Park makes fun of EVERYBODY. So they are racist against anyone? That's being misanthropic.

South Park makes fun of EVERYBODY. So they are racist against anyone? That's being misanthropic.

Originally Posted by Mr718

It's #20

We say this at the risk of getting trashed by South Park fanboys, but, in addition to being sidesplittingly funny at times, SP is also defintely racist. For starters, two of the black characters are walking sterotypes. Chef is obviously the smooth black dude who %@*#* all the white girls and Token's name is Token. The clip above is from an episode where the n-word is used 42 times and while some call it bringing light to the negative connotation of the word, we think it's more like two white guys trying to get away with some sly #@%%.
I don't see South Park as racist.  It doesn't discriminate or use prejudice in who it makes fun of.  The show makes fun of everyone and everything.

It's funny they mention Token, when Matt and Trey clearly put that as a joke at the inception of the show.  At the time (1997) black people would complain that the only black people in tv shows were token characters.  Hence, why the one of the regular black chracters in South Park was dubbed "Token".  The episode they mention above was titled "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"
laugh.gif

That's why I said that the people that would say South Park is racist are the ones that are being made fun of.  Some of it is clever, some of it is blatant.

Originally Posted by Mr718

It's #20

We say this at the risk of getting trashed by South Park fanboys, but, in addition to being sidesplittingly funny at times, SP is also defintely racist. For starters, two of the black characters are walking sterotypes. Chef is obviously the smooth black dude who %@*#* all the white girls and Token's name is Token. The clip above is from an episode where the n-word is used 42 times and while some call it bringing light to the negative connotation of the word, we think it's more like two white guys trying to get away with some sly #@%%.
I don't see South Park as racist.  It doesn't discriminate or use prejudice in who it makes fun of.  The show makes fun of everyone and everything.

It's funny they mention Token, when Matt and Trey clearly put that as a joke at the inception of the show.  At the time (1997) black people would complain that the only black people in tv shows were token characters.  Hence, why the one of the regular black chracters in South Park was dubbed "Token".  The episode they mention above was titled "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson"
laugh.gif

That's why I said that the people that would say South Park is racist are the ones that are being made fun of.  Some of it is clever, some of it is blatant.

I truly realized Complex lists suck when they crowned my local college bar ("The Keg"), the 9th best college bar in the country. No chance in hell.

Back
Top Bottom