Conficker virus has awoken, causing problems (see page 6, solewoman's post)

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

there are gonna be tumbleweeds rolling through NT tomorrow
roll.gif

Thankfully i'm on a mac
happy.gif
It'll be interesting to see how many people at work today(bby) purchase a new PC

So the deal with this "attack" is that to be affected, one needs to already have the virus on their comp, basically the person who is responsiblewill activate all the infected pc's and they will all be on a large infected network. the first thing this particular "virus" does is turn offyour automated windows updates and make it so one cannot manually update either. So to see if you are infected:

1. check to see if your automated updates has been turned off or is off- if its still on you are all good

2. if its off, try to manually update, if you can you are all good

3. if you cant manually update. you may be infected. r.i.p.

disconnecting ones pc from the net for the day probably is pointless, as im sure the program is set to continuously try to connect to a network starting
on a certain date, not just a certain window of time.

edit: i have a mac, but i fully support my pc brethren.

i swear my work computer got it yesterday. the virus scan program stopped working cant reinstall it. i only get fake spyware websites anytime i try to go to asite to read how to stop it or a site to download a legit program.

I'm a network administrator and have researched the virus. The actual virus is not new. It has been out for awhile and it is supposedly getting a new setof instructions tomorrow, so it's behavior may change. Nobody knows what it will do and most experts believe that it is mostly overblown.

*sucks teeth*

how many of these things are you people gonna fall for?
I bet you all believe in the terrorist attack thats supposed to be taking place in Atlanta on the 15th right?

oh snaps i haven't had an update in a while. the only update i haven't done is making a back up disk! hopefully nothing happens to my computer,

Originally Posted by kicksgetmehigh

I bet you all believe in the terrorist attack thats supposed to be taking place in Atlanta on the 15th right?

never heard of that one
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom