Considering move from DC area to ATL. vol. The rent is too damb high

I'd want to be in the city. Makes no sense to me to move to a cheaper area and still gotta live on the outskirts cuz you can't afford to live in the city :lol: hustling backwards.

I've heard about how bad ATL traffic is too , so it would make sense to be in the city.
Then pay double for the same house/apartment and live in the city. Soms folks do it. Some don't.

Only folks that should be complaining about traffic in the dmv are folks that live/work in nova or Bowie/new Carrollton
Nah anybody that has to travel on 95S, 66, 210, 495/270 near Rockville Silver Spring has a terrible commute.

@ryanjumpman420  I'm good ATL not really on my list of cities I'd want to move to as a Software Engineer.

Last edited:
As I stand here waiting to rebook my flight to Miami I would like to reemphasize my point about DC weather being trash. Smh

And DC traffic is horrible pretty much everywhere besides outer beltway PG. Even on the weekend trying to get to Potomac Mills from Alexandria. Horrible.

Last edited:
So I just took a look at that city comparison calculator and I would have to say that it isn't very accurate. Claims that housing is 61% cheaper in ATL than in the DMV. Not sure if this is comparing renting prices or housing prices,but I just took a quick look at some luxury style apartments in ATL and they were all atleast $1000/mo some starting at $1600(DMV prices btw).

So if you move to ATL and make less do you plan on upgrading your quality of life or keeping it the same? Cuz I know if I move to the south I'm gonna atleast get a luxury apartment 1000sqft. If you are making less and paying close to the same amount in rent I can't see how 53K = 75K compared to DMV salary. I really don't buy it.

Where were you looking. I saw luxury apartments near downtown ATL for 950. The ones That start at 1600 are equivalent to the 2500 apartments in D.C.

Even still if you compare the suburb prices it's a huge difference. Apts in Largo going for 1400, the equivalent in Decatur (equal distance suburb) are like 850

Where were you looking. I saw luxury apartments near downtown ATL for 950. The ones That start at 1600 are equivalent to the 2500 apartments in D.C.

Even still if you compare the suburb prices it's a huge difference. Apts in Largo going for 1400, the equivalent in Decatur (equal distance suburb) are like 850
Don't know exactly where these places are all I did was a quick search , ATL and sort by best ratings, this is what comes up. Downgrading or keeping the same quality of living when moving to the south just doesn't make sense to me. It's usually the other way around. 

Whatever you do for your next apartment look on ApartmentRatings.com all of the things happening at your current apt were already happening. Pretty much almost every apt complex I've looked up in Largo has those same exact issues.

The simple fact that OP lives in DMV and wants to bounce says enough.Dudes are in their feelings and butt hurt because DC is wack. lol Once again enjoy your terrible weather and Mumbo Sauce, I`m good in the ATL. Like I said dudes go ahead and make a Poll and will see most folks would move to ATL over DC any day.

The simple fact that OP lives in DMV and wants to bounce says enough.Dudes are in their feelings and butt hurt because DC is wack. lol Once again enjoy your terrible weather and Mumbo Sauce, I`m good in the ATL. Like I said dudes go ahead and make a Poll and will see most folks would move to ATL over DC any day.
Nobody except you here has said DC is wack. You aint never even LIVED here.

Last edited:
nah.

Only folks that should be complaining about traffic in the dmv are folks that live/work in nova or Bowie/new Carrollton

Traffic in PG is just bad... from 50 out in Bowie to 295 in Laurel. Even 301 and Branch Ave and 210 is bad.... The roads in PG cant handle the volume of traffic especially out in the suburbs..

The traffic problems are even spreading into AA County in Crofton, Odenton, and Charles County out in Waldorf

Brah you're the one that sounds butthurt because people tore apart your arguments :lol:

All you got left is some, well the OP wanna leave so I'm right, type nonsense

Last edited:
Nobody is in their feeling but you. You have said you are "eating" in ATL in your field about a hunnid times now.

I don't get what ya'll expect homers on both sides to say. Take a breath. From an objective view though, DC > ATL. But that's only me.

Once ole boy let Rico rustle him it was over. Dude got so defensive about something that wasn't even that serious

OP if you wanna go South, I just suggest you get a job lined up first.

Brah you're the one that sounds butthurt because people tore apart your arguments :lol:

All you got left is some, well the OP wanna leave so I'm right, type nonsense

What arguments? Only dudes makig arguments are DC cats. I Gave OP Stats on ATL and DC cats come in bashing. Only people in this thread who want to live in DC live in DC.

As I stand here waiting to rebook my flight to Miami I would like to reemphasize my point about DC weather being trash. Smh

And DC traffic is horrible pretty much everywhere besides outer beltway PG. Even on the weekend trying to get to Potomac Mills from Alexandria. Horrible.

DC weather is trash for like 2 months lol, by mid march it will be back in the 50-60's

Last edited:
ATL is too spread out for me. Plus it's like the "Fabolous" of cities. Decent
Yea that is my issue too. I don't feel like having to drive everywhere. Traffic down there can be hell. It is hell up here too but at least we can catch the METRO.

Also, the first time I went down there, I seriously couldn't believe my eyes with the numbers of females, good looking ones, just out and about. In the malls, at the bars, yea that is the new Chocolate City. DC damn sure isn't anymore

Yea that is my issue too. I don't feel like having to drive everywhere. Traffic down there can be hell. It is hell up here too but at least we can catch the METRO.

Also, the first time I went down there, I seriously couldn't believe my eyes with the numbers of females, good looking ones, just out and about. In the malls, at the bars, yea that is the new Chocolate City. DC damn sure isn't anymore

Metro ain't even what it used to be. I'm sure it's still better than Marta, but all the single tracking and breakdowns is ridiculous. Every morning the last two weeks there's been some alert about a train that broke down :lol:

Metro ain't even what it used to be. I'm sure it's still better than Marta, but all the single tracking and breakdowns is ridiculous. Every morning the last two weeks there's been some alert about a train that broke down
laugh.gif
Metro aint wat it used to be? Bro you want Retro Metro?

If anything the metro is better

Metro ain't even what it used to be. I'm sure it's still better than Marta, but all the single tracking and breakdowns is ridiculous. Every morning the last two weeks there's been some alert about a train that broke down
laugh.gif
Well my brotha, seems like you've made up your mind to move to ATL, cuz you outchea cherry picking things to get mad about in the DMV. Just make sure you have that job lined up and flourish my g.

Lucky wild slander about the district is way off, miss us with all that.

Metro ain't even what it used to be. I'm sure it's still better than Marta, but all the single tracking and breakdowns is ridiculous. Every morning the last two weeks there's been some ale
METRO backlash is overblown. I get to and from work, ON TIME 97% of the time. I don't see the same issues that others get. Metro is gold to me

Back
Top Bottom