Consumerism. Vol. Levi's Boots

some of ya forget da only reason branding works in da 1st place...its called reputation.

Branding was a idiom that originally borrowed from cattle culture. you knew what was da best beef and which bull was da best stud because da owner branded da cow or bull with their insignia.

Branding is basically shorthand bookmarking for identifying quality...

da problem is shallow people more worried about hype just buy da brand cuz everyone else does, not cuz they necessarily regard said brand in da highest esteem.

They probably are low quality. Copped some Levi's joints that looked like vans for like 15 bucks and the sole separated after months.

Those boots right there I've believed for a while they were factory seconds & sold to Levis. Quality is the same on the Timbs factory seconds, same insole & all. There's also another company that makes the same quality boot without any branding I forgot the name. Gotta be made in the same factory or something

I think it comes down to what's your purpose. If you just need a pair of winter boots to wear around and you think Timbs look cool but expensive, sure I'd go for the Levi's. But if I'm trying to wear them for fashion or something like that then you might as well get the real deal

Back
Top Bottom