Could Nike AIR PRESSURE be returning for 2015 via NIKE SNKRS APP?

The last quote right there...If these do get retroed in all their original glory...expect the same "treatment" by Nike as the Air Command Force got. I have the Volt's and paid slightly under retail for them, now they can be had for almost $100. They are not worth the $200 retail with the "leather" they used. And those HAD a semi cult following from all us old heads and fans of the movie, and they can be found in abundance anywhere pretty much.

I expect anticipation for these to be much less, box or no box. Not sure why anybody is like "please make this a limited release with the box" Why? So Nike CAN charge you $300 for a tupperware container with a swoosh??

Come on guys...it would be cool to see this shoe come back, BETTER for the 180 Command Pump to come back...but as far as $300 price points? I think not...and if they DO price it as such, Nike has definitely lost they damn minds considering the ACF's are sitting like squatters from the 60's.

Reebok's recent string of 25th Anniversary collabs BLOW the ACF out of the water in materials and quality, and most went on sale for $150 or lower...
Nike know they're not worth it either. But if they put a bigger suggested retail price on them, they get to charge the retailer more. 

What the retailer has to do after that, they don't care.  They'll order more Nike shoes anyway.

Reebok, they see what's happening, and they're copying Nike as far as they think the can get away with... If they thought they were in a position to lower material quality, they probably would.

Waiting for a big discount too once they sit on shelves. (and if they drop in Europe).

Wow! I can't believe these are being retroed. I remember asking for these in 89' at Castner Knot's (Macy's now), and seeing the anger on my mom's face after she turned over the shoe and saw $189.99 on the handwritten price tag. I almost caught a beating right in the shoe department because of these. I quickly changed my mind and left with a brand new pair of Air Jordan IVs.

I don't know one person that owned these shoes during the original release. The price was just too much for anyone or their parents to afford in an era where $50 for shoes was considered excessive.

I'd like to see how these sell. A part of me wants to buy the retros just because they were so far out of reach when I was a kid.
same here. i never knew anyone who had these back in the day. i only saw them in stores.

For some odd reason I feel they won't be exclusive release...... the Air Command which was one of the craziest nike release in 2014 is STILL on shelves
mean.gif

For some odd reason I feel they won't be exclusive release...... the Air Command which was one of the craziest nike release in 2014 is STILL on shelves
mean.gif
maybe that will cause them to make it super limited then.

I thought Nike can´t put that pump-system back in shoes because of Reebok?
Reebok actually got sued because their system mimicked someone elses design but Nikes design is different that reeboks and the patents are different, we need 180s with a pump for sure. These pressures will be something to watch and see how they sell.

Nike pump sucks tho. Reebok takes a crap all over nike in the pump function area

This x infinity...

Which is exactly why Nike NEVER continue with it and why after grabbing the Volt ACF, can only get mildly interested in the possibility of the Air Pressure returning, especially at a bloated retail.

Last edited:
This has most of what I like about the old nike designs

shame all the old pairs are crumbling

I really hope Nike does a good job with this retro. I was interested in the Air Command Force until I saw a retro v. OG comparison and then saw it in person. And my Air Revolution, like the Force, is not like the OG. This is why I'm against buying retros, they're just authorized and bad quality replicas. 
sick.gif

I just want to walk into a store and pick up an old shoe. Don't want to worry about a sneaker app. How well does the app snkr work?

I doubt it makes a difference whether you use an app. I dont use it cuz it wont let me use my gift cards and im fine

Wow! I can't believe these are being retroed. I remember asking for these in 89' at Castner Knot's (Macy's now), and seeing the anger on my mom's face after she turned over the shoe and saw $189.99 on the handwritten price tag. I almost caught a beating right in the shoe department because of these. I quickly changed my mind and left with a brand new pair of Air Jordan IVs.

I don't know one person that owned these shoes during the original release. The price was just too much for anyone or their parents to afford in an era where $50 for shoes was considered excessive.

I'd like to see how these sell. A part of me wants to buy the retros just because they were so far out of reach when I was a kid.

no one i knew had a pair of these air pressures
memories from stores - these sat on shelf - nike lost the pump war, maybe didn't even eat off it as planned

i'd say you got the better shoe (air jordan 4) to be honest
(but i can see the strong sentimental value for you in these)

but the novelty factor on these is 10/10

and with proper materials they could be dope, they deserve better materials than the air commands have been getting
would think they will do that as these come with all the extra crap

Last edited:
Why are samples so durable? I saw a sample OG AJ IV with the midsole intact. And now this. I'd love to understand why.

Why are samples so durable? I saw a sample OG AJ IV with the midsole intact. And now this. I'd love to understand why.
Samples are generally made in very small quantities, just an idea to test wear, manufacturing processes, materials. So you can make SUPER HIGH QUALITY pairs when you are only producing less than 30 pairs maybe.

I hope so! (only so appreciation can be shown), but honestly the price tag of the air command wasn't very appealing lol, but it's still an awesome shoe with history which makes up for it completely

Back
Top Bottom