Could we be seeing better quality retro releases in the future?

How are you guys so sure the shoes are old, did he say? What if JB made a new pair for him?

Btw, did you guys hear JB is raising the price of their retros $20 for the 2014 holiday season?

Nuts. Sucks for the jits coming up in middle/high school.

Last edited:
How are you guys so sure the shoes are old, did he say? What if JB made a new pair for him?

Btw, did you guys hear JB is raising the price of their retros $20 for the 2014 holiday season?

Nuts. Sucks for the jits coming up in middle/high school.

It's the White/Red X that dropped in '05 - shoes are over 8 years old. He (Tony Wroten) hasn't said if he was wearing a DS pair or a pair that he's been wearing on/off since '05. If it was the latter he would probably have the excessive 'squeaking' that the '05 X retros were infamous for but the sold would not separate. If it was the former then yes, the sole can separate during a game or even casual wear as the glue has dried up and become brittle.

I understand that but my question is, how are you sure they aren't in fact new and were made recently for him?

Its safe to infer these are the 2005 release.

Its a 2005 colorway and the entire midsole detached from the shoe just like many older shoes that have been stored DS for years.

There is almost no chance of a recently made pair of shoes separating in that manner.

^^^^^^They haven't come out with that color way lately his not a part of jordan brand so he's not exclusive to Jordan so I believe is the 05 colorway I have the steel grey of that year and it's a little seperation

he was wearing sneakers from 05, what did he expect? I thought it was a recent retro or something

Its a 2005 colorway and the entire midsole detached from the shoe just like many older shoes that have been stored DS for years.

There is almost no chance of a recently made pair of shoes separating in that manner.

nah bro these are the 05's & the discussion is stupid

nah bro these are the 05's & the discussion is stupid

Where did I say they weren't the 05's ?

you didnt :lol:

im saying anyone who thinks these are a new retro is dumb & idk why mj apoligized

What about the two other players where the exact same thing happened? They weren't wearing 8 year old kicks either. Their names are escaping me now. 

I hope so but I doubt it. Still have a soft spot for Jordans but def everyone should expand their sneaker horizons

What about the two other players where the exact same thing happened? They weren't wearing 8 year old kicks either. Their names are escaping me now. 

Ginobili
View media item 870634

Griffin
View media item 870635

Those were very different and inexcusable situations that were Nikes fault. Tony Wroten is responsible for wearing shoes that were nearly 10 years old on court but Manu Ginobili and Blake Griffins brand new shoes both tore. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Thats why Nike needs ditch the ultrathin/hyperfuse/flywire "tech" as well as reconsider their decision to move all of their manufacturing to China. Since the moving 99% of their production to China not only are fakes nearly indistinguishable and at an all time high but the quality of most of their authentic products is suffering immensely.

Even their star athlete Lebron was nearly injured due to the low grade materials being used on his personal shoes.

Lebron_skidding.gif

View media item 870637

Last edited:
True, but JB got to realize with the emergence of interest in KD, Kobe's, and LBJ's line he has to find a way of keeping his customers interested. Hype dies down eventually.
Man its been 20+ years and the hype just get bigger. Jordan Shoes do numbers at stores

Remember when MJ said he would look into those "sweatshops" :lol: .He is not gonna do a damn thing.

And most of JB consumers probably don't even know OG Jordans no only add better materials but actually looked different. So there is zero pressure for JB to improve.

:lol: This. :lol: @ the fools who think MJ actuallys gives a damn, bet you he didnt know they what release they were and I bet you he didnt even watch the game. Likely some PR guys called MJ and asked him to take a quick break from partying/golfing/gambling to call [not Tony Wroten, but his agent per the article] to tell him he was "sorry". MJ doesnt actually give a damn about this and nothing will be done, dont get your hopes up.

Ginobili
View media item 870634

Griffin
View media item 870635

Those were very different and inexcusable situations that were Nikes fault. Tony Wroten is responsible for wearing shoes that were nearly 10 years old on court but Manu Ginobili and Blake Griffins brand new shoes both tore. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Thats why Nike needs ditch the ultrathin/hyperfuse/flywire "tech" as well as reconsider their decision to move all of their manufacturing to China. Since the moving 99% of their production to China not only are fakes nearly indistinguishable and at an all time high but the quality of most of their authentic products is suffering immensely.

Even their star athlete Lebron was nearly injured due to the low grade materials being used on his personal shoes.

Lebron_skidding.gif

View media item 870637

:x We're not even talking about $100 shoes either, Lebrons are $200 cuz. No excuse.

Ginobili
View media item 870634

Griffin
View media item 870635

Lebron_skidding.gif

View media item 870637
BRUH...

3 shoes out of the THOUSANDS of kicks the nba goes through in the course of a season?

:lol: :lol:

come on, famb... lets be serious here... it aint as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

if you have an assembly line, i dont care how much quality checks you do... some faulty product is gonna slip through the cracks.

i dont cop **** from JB besides grails my last pair that i copped were the bred 1's before that the bred 4's i rarely buy shoes basically 1 year apart :lol:

Back
Top Bottom