Couple quits job and travel the world in boat

i hardly even know what to do with myself on a Saturday or Sunday (unless a sporting event is on)...wtf would i do with myself if i quit my job?

i feel like I'd be even more boreder...

Last edited:
Moral of the story.

Most Americans are afraid of selling everything, giving up attachments and discovering their true self.

The thing they're literally the most afraid of is their self. The thought of not being owned by a boss or money has yall shook and wouldn't know how to act given true freedom.

Why are you targetting americans specifically? I know plenty of people who are adventurous and go on a lot of trips. Selling all of one's things and giving up stability isn't something you hear about often. Not all of us can just get up and go. There are responsibilities some of us have that prevents that.

Why is everyone saying you have to sell all of your possessions to have freedom? Do wealthy business owners sell all of their possessions, do they not have freedom? Also everybody doesn't want to travel the world, I know I sure don't and the life these people are living seem miserable.

When they aren't taking pictures they are scrubbing toilets 
sick.gif
 I'll pass much rather save and invest to build passive income.

Why is everyone saying you have to sell all of your possessions to have freedom? Do wealthy business owners sell all of their possessions, do they not have freedom? Also everybody doesn't want to travel the world, I know I sure don't and the life these people are living seem miserable.

When they aren't taking pictures they are scrubbing toilets 
sick.gif
 I'll pass much rather save and invest to build passive income.
There's nothing better than traveling the world.  Most wealthy business owners don't become wealthy until past 60 and at that point it doesn't matter any more

Even if I got free flights, I ain't getting that much time off
You lack courage

i hardly even know what to do with myself on a Saturday or Sunday (unless a sporting event is on)...wtf would i do with myself if i quit my job?

i feel like I'd be even more boreder...
Trust me, in the Summer during the day, it is a struggle to find stuff to do man. Nobody else is home free hardly. So yea, not working must be a blower.

There's nothing better than traveling the world.  Most wealthy business owners don't become wealthy until past 60 and at that point it doesn't matter any more
How you gonna tell me what's the best thing in the world? I don't like to travel much, I wouldn't want to travel more than 5 times a year even if I had 1MM in the bank. Where did you pull this business owners don't get wealthy until 60 fact from ? By certain standards it is too hard to become wealthy IMO.

How you gonna tell me what's the best thing in the world? I don't like to travel much, I wouldn't want to travel more than 5 times a year even if I had 1MM in the bank. Where did you pull this business owners don't get wealthy until 60 fact from ? By certain standards it is too hard to become wealthy IMO.
The average millionaire's age is 62

The average millionaire's age is 62
So what age did they become millionaires?

So you think that is the rule? You live in LA I'm sure you know people can become millionaires in their 20s 30s and 40s.
So what age did they become millionaires?

Live in sf now and lived in LA and SD before. Yeah you have young tech and entertainment millionaires but look at how miniscule the % is. Let's be realistic the article below shows the reality.

http://www.businessinsider.com/it-t...lionaire-at-least-32-years-to-get-rich-2015-3

Live in sf now and lived in LA and SD before. Yeah you have young tech and entertainment millionaires but look at how miniscule the % is. Let's be realistic the article below shows the reality.

http://www.businessinsider.com/it-t...lionaire-at-least-32-years-to-get-rich-2015-3

The article says that only 21% of millionaires got their wealth after 60. So 79% of millionaires got rich before 60. Therefore, your argument is incorrect:

Lol keep treating those articles as the end all be all man. You don't have to be an overnight tech or entertainment multimillionaire to see a million dollars.

laugh.gif
 @silkboi  your spot on. The language in the article tries to deter people from even trying to amass wealth. The author didn't even define what qualified someone as wealthy. Is it 1MM or is it 5MM+, he didn't say. Also know that he only did research on a very small sample size I take it all with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom