Coupon Lady. vol. ultimate SD

I'm sure with all the time she spends finding and categorizing her coupons, she could have made more money at work
laugh.gif
Unless I had a wife to do that for me, I'd rather have a better quality of life doing other things than to spend hours and hours finding coupons and planning shopping. Like right now if I need milk I go to the store and get some milk and usually save with my club card. I generally don't have 30 extra minutes to spend looking for coupons for a gallon of milk.

Also a lot of those were where she had to send away for a coupon on her NEXT purchase, so that means she had to buy the thing once already. It's not like every time she goes to the store she gets a 97% discount.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I'm sure with all the time she spends finding and categorizing her coupons, she could have made more money at work
laugh.gif
Unless I had a wife to do that for me, I'd rather have a better quality of life doing other things than to spend hours and hours finding coupons and planning shopping. Like right now if I need milk I go to the store and get some milk and usually save with my club card. I generally don't have 30 extra minutes to spend looking for coupons for a gallon of milk.

Also a lot of those were where she had to send away for a coupon on her NEXT purchase, so that means she had to buy the thing once already. It's not like every time she goes to the store she gets a 97% discount.
You do know people can do those things in their spare time right?
grin.gif

Whenever I cut coupons I do it during my down time. So that is a crazy justification for her NOT using it.

And why do you think it takes HOURS to do that? A newspaper comes, it takes little as 10 mins to look through and cut coupons. Not as drastic as you are making it out to be. Just say you don't want to do it. Don't make it seem like she is a loser or lives a less quality of life because she does it.

Damn you are really exaggerating how long it will take to find a coupon. 30 mins for milk? Ok dude. All of your points are invalid.

And for your last point, CVS is one of the only chain stores that do that. Grocery stores don't usually use the, "$_ off of your next purchase of $__ or more."

laugh.gif

My economics professor told me that this is precisely why people do not save as much money on coupon clipping as it seems at first. Not only do you waste money because you waste inordinate amount of time clipping coupons, which is time that you could be spending doing something else, but a lot of things that you buy from coupons will often waste. For example many coupons require you to buy several items in order to get the savings, which means that the extra items you buy are likely to spoil.

Like right now if I need milk I go to the store and get some milk and usually save with my club card. I generally don't have 30 extra minutes to spend looking for coupons for a gallon of milk.
IF and only IF the milk is on sale. If it isn't on sale, you won't get any savings. I just think you are ignorant as to how the coupon system works based on your comments in this thread.

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

laugh.gif

My economics professor told me that this is precisely why people do not save as much money on coupon clipping as it seems at first. Not only do you waste money because you waste inordinate amount of time clipping coupons, which is time that you could be spending doing something else, but a lot of things that you buy from coupons will often waste. For example many coupons require you to buy several items in order to get the savings, which means that the extra items you buy are likely to spoil.
That can be true if you don't use the items. Also many people buy products that they don't need or really want because they see a coupon for it. I have a friend who has a mother that is a coupon lady. She spends SO MUCH $ on food and a lot of the food goes to waste. So she really isnt saving $ because she is buying food she doesn't need.

I only use coupons on products I am going to buy. I don't believe in wasting food so everything in my fridge gets eaten. But your teacher is right, some people use coupons as an excuse to spend foolish amounts of $ on products they don't need.

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

I hate ppl who do this, they bring in 50000000000000 BS coupons and give me the stoneface when I tell them to #++% off

not sayin she cheated btw...
why would you care though? you just work for the store, the stuff their buying doesn't belong to you personally so their saving money at the expense of the store not at your expense. i have a habit of trying to find coupons and stuff like that online or in the newspapers or whatever because guess what? I like to save money. i've had a few employees give me the
indifferent.gif
when i bring coupons to places and i tell them the same thing, why does it bother them so much if the stuff i'm buying doesn't belong to them personally.

How many times are you guys going to keep saying that dumb %%+$? Unless you are ******ed, it doesn't take very long to cut coupons at all. She cut coupons for 20 minutes, and saved 141$ Most people don't have jobs where they can make that much in that short of time. You guys are making it seem like she spends days at a time clipping coupons.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

I'm a cashier at a grocery store. I hate these people
You hate people saving money? What are you? Some Pig? 
indifferent.gif

Just because your life as a cashier is so much more valuable, don't make it seem that people have to adhere to your regal.

Just do your job

i seriously want a good explanation and valid answer from these cashiers as to why they get butt hurt over someone using coupons.

if it bothers you that much, don't cry to the customers who want to save money, take your boo hooing butt to your jobs higher ups and cry to them about how much it bothers you that they released all those coupons.

i like saving money, but anytime i see cashback on things, i feel like i'm getting more, even though a coupon does the same thing but w/o me physically seeing the money i save.

My dad does this. He works for the news paper so get the ads and coupons for stores like a week in advance and plans what to buy off that.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Is it worth it though? the time she takes to do all this, a typical person could have probably made that money. But it's a recession, so anything goes.

no joke. she said she got a few from the mail after mailing in something the first time.. do stamps and envelopes come into play? is she buying what she really wants?

how can frozen corn be on sale?

where can I start.. is she buying some stuff at one point FULL PRICE, in order to get the coupons later? there has to be a catch of having that initial investment

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

i know for a fact my fiance does this. she has this grocery check list online that lets her know when there are free items, significantly reduced items from various stores and she saves a ton also. she also manipulates the double rewards coupons...its crazy and also brand name stuff.
i also remember her getting stuff from fresh and easy for like 50-60% off because they were nearing their shelf life. whatever she doing, works..
Word?
nerd.gif
Post that site fam. I'm trying to stretch this food money.

Had mom-dukes send me some coupons and that saved me $50 on a $150 grocery bill.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

i asked wifey. its www.grocerygame.com - she said to sign up, its $1 but the savings is crazyy. i think she had a bill for like $200 or so and only spent$50...
eek.gif
More than a year later, this is STILL clutch.
laugh.gif

Good bump DC
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Like right now if I need milk I go to the store and get some milk and usually save with my club card. I generally don't have 30 extra minutes to spend looking for coupons for a gallon of milk.
IF and only IF the milk is on sale. If it isn't on sale, you won't get any savings. I just think you are ignorant as to how the coupon system works based on your comments in this thread.
I know coupons work
laugh.gif
, my mom uses absurd amounts of coupons and has been ever since I was in the womb
laugh.gif

I'm just saying like, especially when I'm away at school I'm working 18 hours a day or more, I would rather use what little free time I have to do something else besides look for coupons. My time is valuable and I don't have much of it, so I'd rather pay 50 cents extra for the soup I know that I like than to worry about buying a certain brand because I found a coupon for it

. If I get a Pennysaver in the mail I might skim through it, but I'm not gonna look through the entire Sunday paper and plan what I'm gonna buy based on what coupons are available like my mom would do.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

How many times are you guys going to keep saying that dumb %%+$? Unless you are ******ed, it doesn't take very long to cut coupons at all. She cut coupons for 20 minutes, and saved 141$ Most people don't have jobs where they can make that much in that short of time. You guys are making it seem like she spends days at a time clipping coupons.
recently, i've gotten a $800 subwoofer for 400, a $500 jacket for 300, a $225 jordan brand dmp pack for 100, and etc...

all i had to do was go into the store to find out about the deals.

she, on the other hand, had to sift through flyers and books to get the coupons, organize the coupons, be aware of the coupon limits and terms, then finally find where the items are sold.

she had to do all that work to save money on such a minuscule scale.

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

recently, i've gotten a $800 subwoofer for 400, a $500 jacket for 300, a $225 jordan brand dmp pack for 100, and etc...

all i had to do was go into the store to find out about the deals.

she, on the other hand, had to sift through flyers and books to get the coupons, organize the coupons, be aware of the coupon limits and terms, then finally find where the items are sold.

she had to do all that work to save money on such a minuscule scale.
How the hell was it a minuscule scale?
laugh.gif
She spends more $ on food per year than you do on car accessories. I do not see or agree with your point. If she is "spending all that time" in efforts to SAVE money, why isn't it worth it again?

You dudes man.

Back
Top Bottom