Course Selection Unappreciation

So it's that time again. The night of hell during which college students must out-muscle each other over the internet onto their university's less-than-prepared server and get first pick at their classes in order to make the ultimate schedule. Don't like mornings? Schedule your classes at night! Party every night? Take midday classes (to sleep off the hangover, of course). Whatever your scheduling fantasy, it doesn't matter if you're not among the first wave of students to make it into the system when you first become eligible. Was I among such a privileged group? You could say that. Until a glitch on the registration site left me no other option but to close my browser. MISTAKE. For the next forty-five minutes, I focused solely on hitting the refresh button more times than should be allowed, clearing my browser history only to revisit the same exact web page and on a few occasions, I had at least 4 different windows open. Windows, not tabs. In the end, I managed to get into all of the classes that I absolutely need and they all fit perfectly within the schedule that I'd originally crafted for myself. I'm not sure that others were so lucky. How have you guys dealt with the midnight terror that is course registration?

So it's that time again. The night of hell during which college students must out-muscle each other over the internet onto their university's less-than-prepared server and get first pick at their classes in order to make the ultimate schedule. Don't like mornings? Schedule your classes at night! Party every night? Take midday classes (to sleep off the hangover, of course). Whatever your scheduling fantasy, it doesn't matter if you're not among the first wave of students to make it into the system when you first become eligible. Was I among such a privileged group? You could say that. Until a glitch on the registration site left me no other option but to close my browser. MISTAKE. For the next forty-five minutes, I focused solely on hitting the refresh button more times than should be allowed, clearing my browser history only to revisit the same exact web page and on a few occasions, I had at least 4 different windows open. Windows, not tabs. In the end, I managed to get into all of the classes that I absolutely need and they all fit perfectly within the schedule that I'd originally crafted for myself. I'm not sure that others were so lucky. How have you guys dealt with the midnight terror that is course registration?

laugh.gif

A %!%* all that, for real though, can you give me reliable sources for my paper on government spending?

I'm not even worried about scheduling, my worry is there not being enough classes available in the first place. This semester I was stuck not even having classes in the first place, the only class I got was my first pick which was almost full 1 minute after I was able to sign up for classes. I was eventually able to get some classes, but I was only able to get them days before the semester even started.

I'm not even worried about scheduling, my worry is there not being enough classes available in the first place. This semester I was stuck not even having classes in the first place, the only class I got was my first pick which was almost full 1 minute after I was able to sign up for classes. I was eventually able to get some classes, but I was only able to get them days before the semester even started.

i always make a list of classes i need to take, pick out the professors and then plan out several schedules in case.

i always make a list of classes i need to take, pick out the professors and then plan out several schedules in case.

Back
Top Bottom