Craiglist and buying a car

Just want to see peoples opinions. On craiglist a man put up his 2004 bmw 330ci. The price is 2900. 55,000 miles on the car and he says the car is inimmaculate condition.
I emailed him and he said he's selling it so cheap because hes going through a divorce. Then he says hes in the United Kingdom and that he prearramgedeverything with ebay motors. He says hes a legit seller and that ebay motors will send all the valid info to show hes legit. Also, he says i have 5 days totest drive the car.
Do you think hes legit? Pretty sure this is all B.S. but just looking for opinions on what I should do? How will I know for sure this is all good and legit?What could I do? I just turned 18 and have been working for 2 years to save up for a used car. Any help will be appreciated

*sigh*

if it sounds to good to be true then it is...I didnt read your post but a 2004 bmw 330 for not even 3k$???
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Not legit. I've heard something similiar, where the seller says that he's overseas and wants you to pay first through eBay & such. If you'regoing to buy a car through craigslist I recommend you do meet ups, for obvious reasons.

With Ebay if it sounds too good to be true. It probably is.

Humor the guy and have him send all the info to you anyway. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I bought my moms Ford Escape through craigslist. I did it all through meetups. Smooth transaction,
smokin.gif

Scam...

Unless he's willing to meet up don't do it. Sounds like this one eBay scam I was a victim of, basically I paid for a lot of 10 Powerbooks and dude ranaway with my money. All I know after dealing with the Police is that he lives in Wolverhampton, UK.

If I was in your situation I would do a meet up, make sure its legit, etc. etc. Cause if you COULD get a car like that for that price, well hey, either the guyis selling it around 80% below market or...

"if its too good to be true, it probably is."

if you even hesitated to think that it might be real and made a post on NT, you should NOT buy a car off craigslist. stick to your local stealerships...butsounds like you're gonna get ripped off one way or the other.

if i were you id reply to him that hed be contacted by the ______ city police department and scare him into not trying that crap again, but honestly its thetype of thing that if u fall for it u deserve to be out 3k.

If you are buying a car on craiglist. Handle all transaction IN person and have someone that knows about cars with you to inspect it.

Yeah, im just going along to see what this guy is doing. I planned to do only meetups through craiglist for a car. He said he was located in NYC in the listingand then turns out he went to the U.K. 99.9% hes a scammer but lets see what he sends me through email.

Hes definetely a scammer, this is a tried and true tactic, youll get charged, never get anything and never hear from him again and never be able to prove it toanyone if you do it

glad youre not naive enough to fall for it OP

let us know what he sends you though

craiglist is flooded with these overseas, prearranged scams...from rentals to cars...

Back
Top Bottom