Creating a Website - Need Pics!

Hello NT,

Over the course of the next few months, i will be working on a huge project which will be creating a shoe website. It will be similar to a web site likeair-jordans.com where it will have a complete Air Jordan archive. You may wonder why I would create another website when there are already websites that have aJordan archive. I am doing this because no other website has a COMPLETE archive. Air-jordans.com is a great tool but is no longer updated and has no newreleases, like the 22s and 23s. This complete database will feature every shoe with about a dozen different angles. This will be very helpful for you. If youever need a picture of any Jordan, you will no longer have to hunt it down. You can just go right to my website and find it easily. I also plan on having aprice guide for the market value of each shoe. I know NT has one but it isn't complete and isn't totally accurate in some parts.

I have already gotten pretty far on creating this but I have ran across a problem. Hunting down all of these pictures is going to take a very very long time. This can be solved with your help. I need pictures. Lots of pictures. Pictures of the tag, box, boxtag, back, tongue, etc. You can even have the picturestagged if you'd like but by posting them in this thread, you are giving me the consent to use them on my website.

I am starting out with the 23 and working my way down (easier that way). This thread will be checked and updated by me daily so please keep the picturescoming. Remember, this is for all of your benfits. A shoe archive will be created with NT's donations. If you post pics that you I use on my site, I willgive your account credit to them.

(If marked with x, i already have pictures)
Air Jordan 23
[x]White/Black-Varsity Red
[x]Black/Varsity Red-Stealth
[x]White/Varsity Red-Metallic Silver
[]White / Varsity Red (Low)
[]White/Midnight Navy-Silver (Low)
[]Black/Varsity Red-White
[]Black/University Blue-White
[]Black/Varsity Royal-White
[]Titanium Premier
[]Black/Red Premier

You ought to just ask FC. They have good pics. I dig what you are trying to do, but I think that it is more exhaustive than you think. JB has released a LOT ofshoes, especially in the last few years. What all would you include? Fusion/Spizike/.5s? Team? In addition, air-jordans had uniform pics, all shoes from thesame angles. I think that a ragtag collection of pics just wouldn't look that professional. That's why I suggest using an already established site(with their permission of course) as the source of you pictures.

Either way, good luck with your project. I would help, but my camera on my phone sucks, and what you are asking for seems like it could literally take foreverto accomplish, which I'm sure is why air-jordans quit updating. Too many releases to keep up with. Why not contact that site administrator?? Ask him totake over. Do some research before you embark on this journey. It could take much longer than you imagine.

Thanks for your guys' responses. Asking Flight Club for pictures is a great idea. I know that this will take a long time. I expect this to be finish at theend of this year at best. Right now I am only working on numbered jordans but I may expand to other jordans if i have the chance. Any other ideas or pictureswould be great.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

From an aesthetic point of view, uniform pics make it appear more professional. Good luck
I do want to have some professionalism, but having uniform pics of every jordan in every colorway will be too unrealistic for me

I can understand the degree of difficulty involved with acquiring so many pics in the first place, let alone having them be uniform. I guess if it were my myproject I would be extra anal about the presentation and aesthetics (I'm an Architecture graduate so presentation is everything to me). As long as the sitenavigates well and looks pleasing to the eye, you should be good. The best advice I can give is treat the presentation as if someone using the site knowsabsolutely nothing about Air Jordans. Maybe you can add things like Jordan heads or how Jordan acquired the contract with Nike. At the end of the day enjoy it.I'm excited to see the finished product. Keep us posted.

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

I can understand the degree of difficulty involved with acquiring so many pics in the first place, let alone having them be uniform. I guess if it were my my project I would be extra anal about the presentation and aesthetics (I'm an Architecture graduate so presentation is everything to me). As long as the site navigates well and looks pleasing to the eye, you should be good. The best advice I can give is treat the presentation as if someone using the site knows absolutely nothing about Air Jordans. Maybe you can add things like Jordan heads or how Jordan acquired the contract with Nike. At the end of the day enjoy it. I'm excited to see the finished product. Keep us posted.
Ya navigation is a big one I'm working on. I'm currently trying to make a deal with flight club and if they accept, that would reallyhelp. I do have a lot about Nike trying to sign Jordan back in the day. I'm trying to make it so that the site is informative to both an experienced shoehead and an everyday person. It's difficult but so far it's worked out pretty well.

jordan-xx3-low-white-varsity-red.jpg

jordan-xx3-low-white-midnight-navy.jpg

air-jordan-xx3-23-chicago-bulls-black-varsity-red-white-318276-061.jpg

release-date-reminder-air-jordan-xx3-23-black-university-blue-white-1.jpg

318376-011_MED.jpg

jordan23titanium01.jpg

air-jordan-xx3-23-finale-black-varsity-red-premier.jpg

Hope this helps get you started
smile.gif

dont have any 23's but can try to take pics of my friends bred xx3s. post tomoro if i can.

Back
Top Bottom