CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by lugzzy

t86pv7.jpg

had an unorthodox way of doing this.

i diluted some oil based BLUE paint marker and dipped it into acetone then diluted it with water and straight paint brushed it. wiped it off with soap water and paper towels afterwards and this is the result. a permanent Blue dye. ive been wearing this for like a week straight since i did it.
Those really look nice. 
And thats glad that they got the permanent Blue tint. 

Please help me Fam. What will get rid of the dye off the sole the best? I stepped on some type of fertilizer that was on the sidewalk with my foams and now they are dyed green on the bottom. It looks like its on the surface but soap and water didn't work. Luckily you cant see it unless I lift up my foot to where you could see the bottoms but Ive only worn them about five times. Thanks in advance. Our little yard better look good. The neighbor did it.

^ yo.. could you post pics of your foams? but theres no real way of removing dye.. your best bet is paint thinner or nail polish remover.. but once its there.. its there already.. just enjoy ur sneakers man. about a month ago i stepped newly floor waxed floors and got sort of a red spot on my foams. it lightened a bit when i tried applying acetone and paint thinner but it didn't really remove the stain entirely.. things like these happen.. if you dont want to get ur sneakers dirty or damaged.. dont use em.. HTH

Originally Posted by lugzzy

^ yo.. could you post pics of your foams? but theres no real way of removing dye.. your best bet is paint thinner or nail polish remover.. but once its there.. its there already.. just enjoy ur sneakers man. about a month ago i stepped newly floor waxed floors and got sort of a red spot on my foams. it lightened a bit when i tried applying acetone and paint thinner but it didn't really remove the stain entirely.. things like these happen.. if you dont want to get ur sneakers dirty or damaged.. dont use em.. HTH

Ill post pics in just a few and edit this post. I have not tried anything on them yet. I dont want my sneakers damaged but I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't plan to wear them. It just sucks that I had no choice but to walk in that crap and didnt think it would color it, but now I know. Give me a few, this may not show up in pics.

They may not look terrible in the pics, but before I wore them the last time they were nice and icy, now a layer of green in almost on the entire area. They are one of my favs, not just being picky.

^^ @ lildawgryan.. ur foams look okay.. i dont see anything wrong with them.. thats normal bro.. of course sneakers wont look the same after you wear em.. had the same feeling when i got red stains on my icey sole.. but its aiight.. im just wearin them.

this is the first time i clicked on this post since it went up about a year ago

i dont see what the big deal is

I'm really tempted to give this a try. Might experiment on a pair of '02 Pearl Foam Pros first though using some red or gray dye. I've got several pairs, so if I screw up, it won't be the end of the world. Only got one pair of Royal Foam Ones though, so I'm only gonna try it if I know I can do it right!

bought the liquid version of rit dye, i think i will actually work better and less messy than the powder version, will post pics when done with my anni 11s this sunday.

Looks very nice, if i ever do it imma try to get the lightest tint of blue possible... or maybe just seaglow and call it quits

Originally Posted by ocsthrowdest

Originally Posted by 619destroyer

looking good fellas,i should do this to my Columbia XI's
i double that idea i would love to get the og columbia sole look on my 01
pimp.gif
I did. I can post pics later....i want to know now whether someone has used the Rite whitener and seaglow to remove some of that yellowing off the patent leather...

Back
Top Bottom