CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

i used liquid dye at first and it didnt do anything at all really so i would recommend the powder version of rit dye royal blue and mix with sea glow.
I added powder little by little until i found the desired level of blue and mixed it with sea glow real well

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

Nice work in this thread thogh, props to sthebest.

glad to see so many people enjoying my method
wink.gif
 and great work to all, the blue sole adds a lot to the anniversary XIs.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Which Rit Dye color did you use? Denim blue? Royal blue? Navy Blue?

royal blue. i find that powder dye works better the liquid sye, but i'm sure some may disagree.
Thanks JJ
i agree and i also like to mix the water and dye and then dip the brush into a little powder that way i get more on it cuz only the water kinda makes it run right off the sole. just my 2 pennys

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

royal blue. i find that powder dye works better the liquid sye, but i'm sure some may disagree.
Thanks JJ
i agree and i also like to mix the water and dye and then dip the brush into a little powder that way i get more on it cuz only the water kinda makes it run right off the sole. just my 2 pennys
I like the sole with a slight blue tint, giving them an icy look. Some of the blue dyes i have seen on this post is a bit too blue. looks like a 'real' blue sole as oppose to an crisp ice 'light' blue.

funny how people are hating so hard on the blue tint soles they drop with most new releases but someone finds a way to do it themselves and there is almost 40 pages on it. i don't mind as long as the soles are somewhat translucent and aren't too deep of a blue.

I would do this to mine but I still need the leather upper. But it is a really good idea and looks great.

84e26431ee07b3936556d2714e544caa6d114a5b_r.jpg

Thank you very much sthebest. Used very little Rit Royal blue dye (less then a teaspoon). Use a a few specs of powder with approximately half ounce of seaglow. Please excuse the mess.

looks good ! need more pics though bro. I used this method to ice blue my air max 95s clears and they look awesome too and my huarache air force 1s

Has anyone used the 'Pearl Grey' RIT Dye? I was thinking about trying it on the bottom of my burgundy 5s but I'm not sure what it would quite look like!

i just picked up a pair of space jams for 40 bucks and am going to use the light/pearl grey dye on them to try and get a nice tint after seaglowing them

Thank you very much sthebest. Used very little Rit Royal blue dye (less then a teaspoon). Use a a few specs of powder with approximately half ounce of seaglow. Please excuse the mess.
One of the only pairs on here that I actually can say I really get down with. Would like to see more pictures if poss.
pimp.gif

@lildawgryan, I will when i get a chance. not home for the next few days but when i do, i'll be sure to post some more.

I didnt want too much of a "blue" sole. I love the icy blue look, like the Cool Greys and Concords that are coming out. When my space jams come in, I will give them this look also (except with even less dye, to go for an OG concord look) Some people gave props to the snakeskin XI blue sole, those were horrible IMO. Dark blue = ugly. Only sthebest, and spoiled feet posted soles that were to my liking, and a couple of others with a icy blue sole. Trying to get the OG sole look. trick is to use a little dye as possible. Comparing to pics of the OG columbia, this color sole is pretty close.

turned out super good haha this is nice mayneeeeeeeee. espeacially on the anniversary 11s, they look siiiiiick!

Well done sir 
pimp.gif

heres a treat for all who enjoyed this thread. my boy busted out the XIs I did for him with a purple sole. Here was the final result

6006055090_52ba08401f_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom