D.M.P. Official Post - Jan.28 2006 - Final Edition !

I would report that Scummer store owner, becuase he has to return those (if he has them) If it was me I would set his up and make him loose all his Jordan accounts,,,
IMMORTAL ICONS= 2PAC SHAKUR (KING of RAP)
MICHAEL JORDAN (Nuff said)
DEION SANDERS (Prime time baby)
HULK HOGAN (Whatcha gonna do Brother?)
VIDA GUERRA (My wifey and a GODDESS)
" I unDS ON RELEASE DAY"

Nike allready know what he does and the shoes came from a source in nike.Plus from the way he tells the story.Nike does not really give a damn.Since he buys ALOT of shoes and has different business all around new york.He know somebody will spend the money and if not he will just drop the price a little as the release date gets closer.
--NYC NIKETALKERS ONLY JORDAN RETRO 13"ALTITUDE" BLACK/GREEN PRICE $250.00 SIZE 10.5 E-MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO AT JORDANS160DEEP@AOL.COM NYC MEET UP ONLY

Alright my other topic got locked because of this but I think I can ask this question here. Does anyone by chance know the cities/stores in NorCal that will get the DMP package? You can post here or e-mail me at Jason639630013@aol.com are these shoes more limited than the IV Black Lasers?

^most mall based retailer will have them, and they are nowhere near as limited as the black lasers
Like i said before, if they retroed the shoe the same exact way it's all good in my book, i dont care i rather them retro them the same way this way todays generation can get an idea of what it is to own an exact replica of an og. What counts is the date inside the shoe. Also, i dont collect for "value" to hell with value. If this is the reason that those who have og's dont want exact replicas because of og value decrease, then your into this sneaker culture for money and for obvious wrong reasons. To hell with value.OGs will always hold their value.-BIGBEN1986

do you think they pushed the release date back to make more? or i heard there was a defect with the shoe that had to be fixed

160, I'm not trying to question you or anything but I wanted to know why you paid money 600 for a blk/red laser pair when I'm pretty sure you could have gotten them for 400 and some change from a NYC niketalker

Solefx-The reason I paid soooooooo much was the 2 words I saw on the box."RARE AIR" and the jordan 4 is one of my top jordans of all time (I also love the 3 's 11's).I thought it would be a hard time to get them.But in the end I ended up getting 12 pairs and sold 10 that I got at retail with some helpfull info from a manhattan boutique store owner.I sold Each pair for $400.00 each.So it worked out in the end.
--NYC NIKETALKERS ONLY JORDAN RETRO 13"ALTITUDE" BLACK/GREEN PRICE $250.00 SIZE 10.5 E-MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO AT JORDANS160DEEP@AOL.COM NYC MEET UP ONLY

Quote:
I thought it would be a hard time to get them.But in the end I ended up getting 12 pairs and sold 10 that I got at retail with some helpfull info from a manhattan boutique store owner.I sold Each pair for $400.00 each.So it worked out in the end.
you & me both. I paid 350 for mines. 160 you came off like a fat rat with that price. 10x400.

I got these babies today and they are :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

DMP VI
fmqp95.jpg

fmqpsp.jpg

fmqljd.jpg

fmqrmf.jpg

Chicago's Finest Doin Big Things
Home of Blackiceblaze, easy3000, trueballa87, joser84, Flip Jays & flipmode11​

Quote:
My FA guy told me he went to a big meeting and was told that only stores that do $2 million and above anually will be getting the pack. Anybody else hear anything like this?

Store volume does not always mean that you sell Jordan's well...although, in most cases, stores that sell Jordan's well do higher volumes than ones that don't...

So, the answer is, not necessarily...

Quote:
florida mall

Yes

Quote:
are they still going to be limited to like 18 packs per store? or have the production amount increased?

This is not true and was never true...just another Niketalk rumor...

Store by store allocations are decided upon by merchandisers/buyers for those specific chains...do you really think that 34st Footlocker will get the same quantity as the last Footlocker that is picked to receive them?

C'mon now...

JM

Quote:
This is not true and was never true...just another Niketalk rumor...
Several Niketown locations were only originally allotted to receive 18 packs on 11/12. All that has changed now.
[/url]​
[/center]

Quote:
Incase someone is still in disbelief about the release date here: official by nike>DMP POSTED BY NIKE @NIKETOWN.COM

Good looks dvill23. This is basically icing on the cake.
S.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​

s?ref=baN1Pnw3SWuTIOOiQRNeRWEo08Q]I know you want to click this....BLINGO![/url]

Quote:
Several Niketown locations were only originally allotted to receive 18 packs on 11/12.
...Ima enjoy life from birth, to the nail in the coffin
Cus I'm only human i fear bein pale, stiff, and rottin...

Told you. :wink:
wink.gif

Just wait, I will have some more info. soon with regards to sizing etc.

I will also get a "ballpark figure" on Numbers ~ #'s for availablity.

Quote:
So I take it this release will be more accessible than what was projected for the November release? I only ask this because I'm not ready to lineup mid-week

It would be very advantageous for many fans of Brand Jordan and the company itself if the DMP was made widely available online (i.e. Niketown.com, Eastbay.com, Footlocker.com, etc.) as well as in stores. Not everyone gets a thrill out of "camping out" for days in advace or has the time to do so because of life's priorities (work/careers, family, etc.). This does not make those individuals less advid fans of Brand Jordan, they just don't have the wherewithal to do such.

Moreover, by making the DMP widely available enables fans from rural areas around the country to be a part of the Brand Jordan legacy as well. They have money to spend also and I'm sure that Brand Jordan/Nike would not mind adding their money to their bottom line figures as well. Some folks just cannot afford to hop on an airplane to get to a major US city to get a pair of Air Jordan's at a store.

Then one must also consider that many people may have serious concerns for their personal safety when trying to purchase the shoes from urban locations and malls. Most on this message board know exactly what I'm referring to when I say people may concerned about their personal safety when trying to obtain a highly sought pair of Air Jordan's.

With the points made above, that's why it would be prudent on the part of Brand Jordan/Nike to have the package widely accessible to all of its fans. The bottom line is that the shoes are going to sell out almost instantly (probably within 1 hour nationawide) and Brand Jordan/Nike will make a handsome profit on this release. The more accessible the DMP = countless satisfied customers with plenty of money to spend .

Quote:
How many being produced? Im hearing 11,000...which makes 22,000 pairs of kicks. Most def a GR. By comparison....about 25k Retro X red and steels were made.

This came from another post...one that was locked...where does this stuff come from???? More Niketalk rumor BS...it needs to stop...

There were MANY more than 11,000 produced initially, and I am sure that MANY more than 11,000 will be produced again...ALTHOUGH, for those who think that even 50,000 units will make it easy for them to get, think again...it won't...JB would look like utter fools to see this package sitting unsold, even 3 weeks later, on shelves come the time the XXI comes out...they are NOT going to let this happen you WILL find it difficult to obtain these if you do not do your homework...limited number of stores per chain + limited number of packages per store + employees + friends of employees + XBOX 360 mentality on making a quick buck = good luck if you work @ a shoe store on 1.28.06...and even more luck to those of you that will have to stand in line...

BTW...25K White/Red X's....excuse my usage, but....

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Try multiplying that number by 4 or 5 if you want a real number...

Again, NT proves how little it truly understands about the industry...

JM

^^^you're exactly right JM. even with most GR, my FINL only gets 2 pairs per size of J's, so if it is a GR, and they release it in sz 7.5-13, we get 22 sets, and subtract employees and hungry customers, you get instant sellout.
If you have any 11.5-13 shoes (especially Jordan) for sale, email me at joe_peezy10@hotmail.com

my finl got over 200 pairs of red/white x's and almost as many black x's.You cant really go by our numbers or yours (22) to get an idea on this.im with Jm on the X's though,they HAD to be an 80-100k gr release.I dont remember seeing numbers in the computer like those since the playoff xii's came out.only 114 finls are getting these,6 in my district alone,we were told we were getting at least 34 packs but no final numbers.that was before the pushback so if anything it should be at least that or more now.i also agree with xis, this will be gone quickly.

Ok NT'ers I just got done reading a article in the latest issue of sole collector the article is called "Industry Insider: Jordan Brand Holiday 2005".The article is done by Retrokid where he interviews Gentry Humphrey and Josiah Lake.Anyways here is what Gentry has to say about the DMP.

Retrokid: The sneaker that Jordan fans want to know about is the Defining Moments package.Can you talk about that?

Gentry: Defining Moments for us really is an opportunity for us to re-introduce retro products in a way that's a little different to the marketplace.To date, we've kind of just released retros how our consumers has felt or she has wanted to see them come back based on their favorites, based on how it would merchandise with the rest of our line.

Defining Moments allows us to tie directly into things that are special in Michael's career; things that helped mold Michael as a player and really kind of give us an opportunity to do some things that are special as Michael was when he played the game. Soon we're going to introduce our first Defining Moments package. This particular one we picked championship moments in Michael's career; his first championship in the NBA, and his forst championship when he cameback after his first retirement.We decided to put a special twist on those two shoes, and the package itself is also pretty special.

We wanted to call out the Defining Moment in a little more of an interesting way than we would just traditionally when we release retro products. It wont be for everybody, but for those people who kind of understandwhat Michael was all about and appreciate the shoes that we designed in the past, I think they'll have a lot of love for moments like these and we'll continue to do these throughout the year.

Ok so after i read this article I was thinking to myself if Gentry says that this is the first DMP and that there are more DMP that they plan to release next year.I wonder what shoes will be in the other DMP's?Also in the article there's a picture with Gentry with the DMP VI and DMP XI on top of the boxes and in his office he has a wall display with a bunch of samples.You can see on the pic the Military IV's, Grape V's,Black, grey, chambrey VII's, white, red XIV's, black, carloina blue nu buck XIV's and some other J's.If anyone can scan the article and pics from the mag and post them here that would be cool.I would do it myself but I have no scanner.Like I said this article is from Sole Collector Issue #10 the one with Melo on one side of the cover and Paul Rodriguez on the other.

Back
Top Bottom