Dallas Mavericks 2015-2016 Season Thread

Was at the Portland game the other night.... Zaza and D Will godlike

We need more offense (a good stretch shooter perhaps) though it's becoming apparent the past couple games... this is where Monta will be missed

Was at the Portland game the other night.... Zaza and D Will godlike

We need more offense (a good stretch shooter perhaps) though it's becoming apparent the past couple games... this is where Monta will be missed
I think Wes can fill that role as time goes on, and he gets back to full strength. We saw flashes of that with his b2b 3s to bring us within 4. Also, as much as I liked Monta, I hated the fact that we'd ISO him and everyone else would just stand around (a la Lebron's first stint with Cleveland). Once Parsons's minutes restriction is lifted, we'll be even more dangerous in crunch time. It's nice to see DWill closing out games the way he did (+2 blocks on Dame!).

LOL @ all the boos for Ray Ray. Didn't know fans were still salty from his short run a few years ago. 

I'm slowly losing faith in Parsons, I know his PT is being restricted but I'm not sure he's dangerous enough to take over offensively.

I think Wes can fill that role as time goes on, and he gets back to full strength. We saw flashes of that with his b2b 3s to bring us within 4. Also, as much as I liked Monta, I hated the fact that we'd ISO him and everyone else would just stand around (a la Lebron's first stint with Cleveland). Once Parsons's minutes restriction is lifted, we'll be even more dangerous in crunch time. It's nice to see DWill closing out games the way he did (+2 blocks on Dame!).

LOL @ all the boos for Ray Ray. Didn't know fans were still salty from his short run a few years ago. 
It felt so good  getting up and cheering for Ray when he made those 2 consecutive buckets in the 4th... dude behind me was like "a cheeseburgers fan? I need to take a picture of this" 
laugh.gif
They hate him lol
I'm slowly losing faith in Parsons, I know his PT is being restricted but I'm not sure he's dangerous enough to take over offensively.
Same here, it's a lil early after his big surgery but I don't think he will ever hit his "potential" that the organization sees in him. I want him to opt out after this season but that won't happen... would love Ryan Anderson as a Mav. 

Carlisle called D-will one of the best players he has ever coached... we must resign him after this season

Parsons value lies in off season recruiting, not during the season. He's an OK shooter, dribbler, and less than average defender. I can't really think of anything he does very well. I honestly believes he drives the ball better than he shoots those flat footed 3's but he's more convinced that he more dangerous in shooting.

I want him to opt of of his contract, retire, and become an assistant GM.

Last edited:
He has a 15% trade kicker. Cuban configured this contract to make it as unappealing as possible to Houston to match. Player-option after 2nd year though. I like this really aggressive move. Just hope it works out.

Also, to get a no-trade clause, you have to have at least 8 years of NBA experience and at least 4 with the team that you sign with. Only Dirk, Kobe, KG, and Duncan have it in their contracts. 

If we don't get Chandler Parsons, I'm praying we sign Ariza. Actually, I'd prefer him over Parsons, honestly. He's a great defender (which we desperately need) and his 3-point shooting will help with Jose gone. Plus, I'm sure he won't demand as much money to be signed. He'd also fit in with what our teams have pretty much consisted of over the last few years: solid, veteran players.

Lol.

^I think my point stands even more now with our current roster and CP coming back from injury.

Wes with 36 points.
pimp.gif

LOL @ Felton leading the team in rebounds. He had a nice game... 11 points and 10 rebounds.

Hope John Wall is OK.

Love wes holding himself accountable after some bad shooting nights with that 36 pt performance

:pimp: tomorrow night vs porzingus

Porzingus put in some work (28 pts, 13/18 FG), but we got the win.

Dirk is averaging 25 pts in Madison Square Garden for his career. He just needs to admit that it's his favorite place to play and not the AAC.
laugh.gif

Simba with a career-high 19 points and 10 boards. We haven't lost a game when he starts.

I'll be going to the game on Sunday here against the Clippers. Hopefully it won't be a blowout like last time I went.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom