Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Jason Kidd has been lights out since the All Star Break. His stat line tonight: 21 pts, 11 assists, 1 turnover, 5 rebounds, 3 steals
sick.gif
We need to get him some backup help or else he's not gonna make it to April
I think if we make it deep in the Playoffs, Kidd will just play off adrenaline and be fantastic.

He knows he's getting old, he mentioned earlier in the season that his body aches, but he's playing some goddamn GREAT basketball not just since the ASG, but the entire year he's been good for us.

Combined 0/13 for JJ/JET.

FANNNTASTIC.
smh.gif

Jason Terry better start picking it up before he loses his only fan remaining on this board.
laugh.gif

I thought about it, I rewatched the last two games and I can't figure how the Lakers are hands down are better than us.

I mean once Damp gets back we are as big as any team in the league(no whatever)

We seriously have no weaknesses outside of backup point guard.

I mean the Lakers have the best player and have played together for a while but I ain't scared of them dudes.

I partied a little too hard over All-Star so I didn't really take a good look at the roster until Monday but I just don't see how this isn't the best Maverick team in the Cuban era.

No gimmicks just a really good, deep team that can score outside, inside and play defense.

Caron Butler is better than Josh Howard hands down.

Josh Howard at his absolute best isn't a better scorer, maybe a slightly better defender due to length but Josh Howard couldn't make a play for someone else to save his life.

But the kicker is that Caron isn't a @%%%%@% in the clutch. I never even wanted Josh Howard touch the ball in the 4th unless it was a rebound.

I will always wish the best for Josh but dude never had talent to be what we needed him to be.

Ehhh..

It's all about having Kobe.

We'd have to have everyone on the top of their game to compete with the Lakers.

I don't want to worry about them until we have to play them.

Right now our #1 concern is getting that second seed.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I think if we make it deep in the Playoffs, Kidd will just play off adrenaline and be fantastic
your joking or drunk? pick one
He knows he's getting old, he knows this may be his last chance.

This is a good team, and if we get deep, he's going balls to the wall.

Something to think about.

Last year Antoine Wright and JJ Barea were in our top six and Antoine Wright was a starter.
laugh.gif

Amazing.

This team has alot of star power now. Dirk, Kidd, Marion, and Butler and I guess you can through Jet in there sometimes, but I love watching these guys play.

I like JJ Barea but flat out if either one of them are logging heavy minutes on your squad you ain't a legit team.

Hell Brandon Bass was my favorite player period on the team last year and he can't get off the bench in Orlando.

Oh my God..

I just looked at our schedule..

We have Indy, LAL, ATL and NOH to finish the month..

March? A BREEZE.

CHA, MIN, SAC, CHI, MIN, NJN, NYK, CHI, BOS, NOH, LAC, POR, GSW, DEN, MEM

3 or so hard games the entire month, but all very capable of winning. While teams are trying to rest up, we can take advantage and try to solidify that second seed. Or maybe even the #1 seed if Kobe ain't healing right.

ORL, OKC, MEM, POR, SAC, LAC, and SA to finish the season.

Our schedule is pretty good.

8 straight games against sub-par teams, very nice.

Pacers w/o Granger tonight.

Im all for the Von Wafer pick up if that means limited minutes for Barea. J.J. is too much of a liability on defense.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Im all for the Von Wafer pick up if that means limited minutes for Barea. J.J. is too much of a liability on defense.
Yep... And I think Wafer does a lot of the same things Barea does for us in a bigger, more athletic package...

"I'm very comfortable right now," adds Butler. "I'm in a new situation and I have a new thought process, but I see light at the end of the tunnel and I see an opportunity to win a championship. I don't have to score 20 points or anything like that. I just need to contribute to a win and that's all I'm trying to do. I'm excited like a kid in a candy store; I'm just happy."

""I was smiling ear-to-ear," says Haywood of his reaction to the trade. "People were texting me, asking if was happy, and I was like, how can I not be happy? I'm going from last in my division to first!"

"Oh my goodness, I've never had it this good," says Haywood, beaming. "I've never actually played with a pass-first point guard. Gilbert was a great point guard, but he was a scoring point guard. J-Kidd is a pass-first point guard, which is great because you know if you run and you're active he's going to find you. That gives you more incentive to be more active."

pimp.gif

And apparently, if Wafer is signed, it's to a 10-day.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom