Dame Dash says Steve Stoute is a "Culture Robber"...

hot 97 is handling this dame thing like suckers to me . they gonna leave the flex rant on dame up as if dame's response aint kill what flex had to say . mockingly throwing around the word culture vultures . now having kevin liles on the show knowing it was sparked by dame . 

like yo just get dame already 

wasn't on due to dame, he was in the middle of a press run for the products his beverage company released with mariah carey & 40/40. him appearing was discussed since summer jam, before all the flex/dame stuff even started.

You're missing the point. You're not wrong about the deals those labels did. And I didn't "push" anything. I simply said "by 2000" and you spun your own wheels on that.

But that broad, generic overview of what happened to those labels is the **** you read in Billboard. A nice little press release. It's naive to think there isn't more to the stories behind each of those deals.

Being pressured by dudes on the regular will sure enough cause you to make a move like that quicker than you want.

Hence them going and starting other labels in another genre shortly thereafter.

Payday for one. Let's look at RocAFella. Jay-Z's "In My Lifetime" was released via Payday/Freeze/Priority. According to Dame, Payday didn't want to pony up enough for videos. You might remember the video for that song is OD.

And somehow they were released from their label shortly after though still under contract. Dame has been on Hot97 shouting out the former president of Payday, who I know personally, for letting them walk.

Shortly thereafter, RocaFella is officially formed. With Jay, Dame and a silent 3rd party by the name of Biggs. Who is where right now?

By the mid 90's it was WELL known that dudes were in. Biggs. Henchman. Supreme. But to believe that no "street dudes" were getting into music before that, using less than "corporate" tactics in their business, is just plain false.

Eric B. can't DJ or produce for **** but it's been said that he had his hands in other things. Eazy E supposedly started Ruthless with drug money. This is in the late 80's no less.

2 Executive Producers on the first (and actually all thereafter) Wu Tang project in 92 (which was independent before the LOUD deal) were Dennis Coles (Ghostface) and Oli "Power" Grant. Who many believe were the money men.

These are just stories though. Commonly told tales (so spare me the "snitch" claims). May or may not be true. But I'm giving you facts (a word rarely used properly on here that I am in fact using correctly) direct from the source and that I've also seen with my own eyes and you still ain't trying to hear it :lol:

I know for a FACT a marketing guy at Capitol in like 93 got his *** stomped out in his office by an artist and their "manager".

The list goes on and on. Some of this **** you just won't read in Billboard.

You seem to already be backpedaling on your initial claim that "street dudes" weren't managers by talking about Boot Camp and that crew being dudes with "street ties". I mean, that's just semantics now.

The term "dealers" was a direct quote from one of those label owners. For all we know, those dudes weren't "dealers" but that was the term used.

Even if they were dealers and they were getting money on the street, not all dealers are just about the paper. And not all of them are kingpins. Some of them are also about the SHINE.

And by the late 80's/early 90's, rappers were getting shine around the way. Before that, all that shine went to the dealers. Might make dudes feel some type of way.

Yes, wall of text. I'm aware. I've said my piece.

Puff his Steve Stout with a bottle. Was he a street dude?

I said from the beginning that people tried to get out of their bad contracts physically or legally.

How am I back peddling, when I said it. I already talked about Jimmy Henchmen and Supreme. That's because they were trying to go legit, because they knew they were getting 20 if arrested again.

And like I said street dudes didn't think much of rappers at first. I'm talking about real street dudes. You seem to use the street dude term as some broad brush. Kids in the suburbs hustle.

No, the Bootcamp thing isn't semantics, because it wasn't drug dealers invading the industry as managers. They were gang members from jump, so who were Heltah Skeltah and Smiff N Wissun's friends going to be? Dru Ha was the one who wasn't in a gang.

Again, I don't just throw around the term street dude like some of you. Because you did a few hand to hands doesn't make you a street dude to ME.

Much less dudes acting like street dudes normally act like an ******* like Dame, which is false. Only in movies.

You're missing the point. You're not wrong about the deals those labels did. And I didn't "push" anything. I simply said "by 2000" and you spun your own wheels on that.

But that broad, generic overview of what happened to those labels is the **** you read in Billboard. A nice little press release. It's naive to think there isn't more to the stories behind each of those deals.

Being pressured by dudes on the regular will sure enough cause you to make a move like that quicker than you want.

Hence them going and starting other labels in another genre shortly thereafter.

Payday for one. Let's look at RocAFella. Jay-Z's "In My Lifetime" was released via Payday/Freeze/Priority. According to Dame, Payday didn't want to pony up enough for videos. You might remember the video for that song is OD.

And somehow they were released from their label shortly after though still under contract. Dame has been on Hot97 shouting out the former president of Payday, who I know personally, for letting them walk.

Shortly thereafter, RocaFella is officially formed. With Jay, Dame and a silent 3rd party by the name of Biggs. Who is where right now?

By the mid 90's it was WELL known that dudes were in. Biggs. Henchman. Supreme. But to believe that no "street dudes" were getting into music before that, using less than "corporate" tactics in their business, is just plain false.

Eric B. can't DJ or produce for **** but it's been said that he had his hands in other things. Eazy E supposedly started Ruthless with drug money. This is in the late 80's no less.

2 Executive Producers on the first (and actually all thereafter) Wu Tang project in 92 (which was independent before the LOUD deal) were Dennis Coles (Ghostface) and Oli "Power" Grant. Who many believe were the money men.

These are just stories though. Commonly told tales (so spare me the "snitch" claims). May or may not be true. But I'm giving you facts (a word rarely used properly on here that I am in fact using correctly) direct from the source and that I've also seen with my own eyes and you still ain't trying to hear it :lol:

I know for a FACT a marketing guy at Capitol in like 93 got his *** stomped out in his office by an artist and their "manager".

The list goes on and on. Some of this **** you just won't read in Billboard.

You seem to already be backpedaling on your initial claim that "street dudes" weren't managers by talking about Boot Camp and that crew being dudes with "street ties". I mean, that's just semantics now.

The term "dealers" was a direct quote from one of those label owners. For all we know, those dudes weren't "dealers" but that was the term used.

Even if they were dealers and they were getting money on the street, not all dealers are just about the paper. And not all of them are kingpins. Some of them are also about the SHINE.

And by the late 80's/early 90's, rappers were getting shine around the way. Before that, all that shine went to the dealers. Might make dudes feel some type of way.

Yes, wall of text. I'm aware. I've said my piece.

Puff his Steve Stout with a bottle. Was he a street dude?

I said from the beginning that people tried to get out of their bad contracts physically or legally.

How am I back peddling, when I said it. I already talked about Jimmy Henchmen and Supreme. That's because they were trying to go legit, because they knew they were getting 20 if arrested again.

And like I said street dudes didn't think much of rappers at first. I'm talking about real street dudes. You seem to use the street dude term as some broad brush. Kids in the suburbs hustle.

No, the Bootcamp thing isn't semantics, because it wasn't drug dealers invading the industry as managers. They were gang members from jump, so who were Heltah Skeltah and Smiff N Wissun's friends going to be? Dru Ha was the one who wasn't in a gang.

Again, I don't just throw around the term street dude like some of you. Because you did a few hand to hands doesn't make you a street dude to ME.

Much less dudes acting like street dudes normally act like an ******* like Dame, which is false. Only in movies.
wasnt puff's dad a street dude???
i coulda sworn he was
if so that mentality was instilled in him i assume

Last edited:
BqWsDrkIMAAB8Cv.jpg

Dame need to really just fall back into the shadows

but He cant help himself

He was who we thought he was

The sad thing is, Dame talks about divide and conquer. Talks about white executives and "culture vultures" dividing people.

Then he falls for the okey doke.

He turns on Jack just because Jack gave Joie an equal platform.

Dude is really BUGGIN' right now. Smart guy, but he's damn near short circuiting.

Last edited:
Poorly executed in terms of promotion, the fact it wasn't a huge album, or the music itself? 

I like that album a lot. Jim Jones came outta nowhere spitting flames. It is surprising it wasn't a bigger album commercially. Black Keys blew up right around that time, and the MC features are really good. 

On subject - Dame looks like he's been on that dust with Malice. I still F's with him though. 
promotional mostly , its a good album for the most part musically and i agree on jim jones he held his own with mos def

i came across this video earlier yesterday then saw that IG post dame made later on...smh

edit:

speaks about sigel talkin about the $11m dash owed him

Last edited:
Star went at Ebro the other day too :lol:

Dame is showing what a lot of people already know. Just give them enough rope and let them hang themselves.

so joey is jack boss??

No, Joey is head of urban music at Interscope. Dame is crying because Combat gave him an opportunity to give his side.

Back
Top Bottom