Dating a woman with children

Say you meet a woman. She seems really down to earth. Had a decent head on her shoulders. Decent job and career goals. Early 30s. Has a kid or two.

Would you pursue anything serious with her? Just look at her as a milf? Keep it strictly platonic?

Discuss.

This thread pops up a lot around here. The answer is absolutely no especially considering you're still in the prime of your life. If you were pushing 40, then you could consider it, but even then I wouldn't. You will never be first in her life. Her kids will always come before you. If the father is still around or she has drama with him, forget it. Disciplining them? Forget it. You'll be told, "you're not their father."

This really depends on a couple things : Where am I at in my life and What kind of head does she have on her shoulders.

I'd have no problem dating a chick with kids if she now had her stuff together . I'm more mature now and more secure with what I can bring to the table.

Last edited:
Depends...

Im thinking of getting this 30yr old pregnant... just cause she has a career and no kids

not really

Done it before, would prefer not to do it again. Dont know why but it seems like the older I get the more of a turn off it is for me. Not knocking single mothers or anything like that but is it that rare for a female to be over 25, have it all together without a kid? Just sayin..

Done it before, would prefer not to do it again. Dont know why but it seems like the older I get the more of a turn off it is for me. Not knocking single mothers or anything like that but is it that rare for a female to be over 25, have it all together without a kid? Just sayin..

But then the longer you wait....you run into girls that used to be major jump-offs

You live in lala land

I long for your future post where all your little bubbles get burst

Im waiting

makes a solid point. stop wasting your time on chicks with baggage. let that be someone elses problem.

if you;re in her life you're gonna be raising her kids. if you break up she's gonna take away the kids you've gotten close with and think are your own

Why would you want a woman in her early 30s with a decent job and 2 kids, when you can have a woman in her early 20s, college grad, with no kid ?
You live in lala land

Im waiting
roll.gif

I say go for it, but tread cautiously.  Don't get super involved, but instead keep it light and friendly and see what happens.  And please don't meet her kids right away--and if she insists that you do, exit stage left immediately.  I got involved with a woman about 7 years ago (now my wife of 4+ years) who had 2 kids.  I literally didn't lay an eye on her kids until about 5 months after we started dating, and even then it was in a group setting on some "Hey, this is my friend trife" steez.  

Don't let kids scare you.  If it isn't something you think you can handle, there's no shame in that.  Hell, I was adamantly against it for a long time, too.  Then I met my wife and she was just a cool, smart, down to earth woman already handling business on her own.  Best decision I ever made.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can and have dated a chick with a kid. Doesnt bother me at all and a big plus if she has her ish together. But 1 kid is probably my cut off.

nope, unless she's a victoria secret model.

Nope. I'm standing firm on that one regardless of my age. I can afford to be somewhat picky & that's one thing I'm not budging on.

I'm not fond of children AT ALL.

It really depends on the chick, I've tried it in the past and it just isn't for me,

Some may call it selfish or immature, but when I have my first kid, I want it to be her first kid also so we can both share the feeling of being a first time parent.

It's kinda hard now and days with chicks who are only 23 with two seeds already.

I'm 25 and 8 outta 10 of the chicks I went to HS got got kids and only a few are even married.

Why would you want a woman in her early 30s with a decent job and 2 kids, when you can have a woman in her early 20s, college grad, with no kid ?

You live in lala land
Im waiting

But, I'm being dead *** serious. :lol:

I don't see how there was a problem with your original post. There's plenty of both of those types of women. People in general would rather not have extra baggage than to have it. For me, I'd prefer a chick with no kids, but I'm sure if she's fine enough and depending on the age of the kid, and relationship with the father, I'd be game. At least for purely dating.

This question was only asked as a hypothetical, brought on by the interaction I have with women at my job. See, I'm one of six males that work there, and it's 31 females in the office (a staff of 37). Only three don't have kids. The rest always make advances (whether in jest or sincerity, I cannot say) towards me and the other guys. Now I've always been in to older women, but these are the kinds that want some relationship type deal (which is silly in itself and worthy of its own thread "dating in the workplace" but I digress). I've never seen myself as the type of person that wants to take care of another man's seed. Hell, I'm 24 with no kids of my own, why would I suddenly want to be obligated to providing for someone else's? It's selfish, but I can admit that.

Most of them are cool women that, for the most part, have their **** together. Just don't think it's in me to date them at this juncture of my life. I would smash a few of em, doe.

If you read the April Yambition thread that I participated in there was this one girl named Eliana that I picked up during school. She is a 36 year old woman with three kids. Her oldest is already 18.

We had just finished a play and we were about to go have dinner when her oldest called to ask her if she could pick her up from work. Her daughter ruined the whole date and we were left with our stomachs growling. This is something you might run into if you do mess with a woman with kids.

Since I've known her for a few months now, I now know who she really is. She is always stressing because her bills are always paid late, her kids need to be fed and just normal everyday life that takes a toll on her.

Since then, we've come to the agreement that we will only be friends and nothing else. I really do like her personality and everything about her. The times that we go out, we have so much fun but dating a woman with children is an acquired taste that only a few guys can do.

Also, don't think that her looking at her phone constantly is a way of her not paying attention to you. Her kids will be texting her or calling her at any second. Like when her daughter called to pick her up. Oh yeah, I picked her up, wasted my own gas and I had to pay tolls to get her as well. :smh:

Moral of the story, do not date a woman with children. I am young and you are young as well. I am not going to be bogged down by her stress and with her kids.

This question was only asked as a hypothetical, brought on by the interaction I have with women at my job. See, I'm one of six males that work there, and it's 31 females in the office (a staff of 37). Only three don't have kids. The rest always make advances (whether in jest or sincerity, I cannot say) towards me and the other guys. Now I've always been in to older women, but these are the kinds that want some relationship type deal (which is silly in itself and worthy of its own thread "dating in the workplace" but I digress). I've never seen myself as the type of person that wants to take care of another man's seed. Hell, I'm 24 with no kids of my own, why would I suddenly want to be obligated to providing for someone else's? It's selfish, but I can admit that.

Most of them are cool women that, for the most part, have their **** together. Just don't think it's in me to date them at this juncture of my life. I would smash a few of em, doe.
Don't dip your pen in company ink especially in an office where the women greatly outnumber the men. You're asking for a situation to happen. Use your head above your shoulders not below the belt. Doesn't matter if they appear to have their stuff together. What you see at the office is just that. You have no idea what their life is like outside of the confines of work.

But, I'm being dead *** serious. :lol:

I agree with you, for the most part wouldnt date a man with a child
But I remember you wrote out your life plan in another thread
You said that when you are in your thirties you are going to get a girl in her early twentiesand she will be your perfect wife
And that all guys should shoot for beyonce type girls with degrees

Never neverland

Im just here to tell you life is not going to turn out that way.

Im waiting

Last edited:
Would never do it.

Ever.

As stated above, I will never be responsible for another mans seed.

I have one nephew, he's the only child I will ever love in life.

Back
Top Bottom