***Dave East Official Thread: "Karma 3 Out Now I Guess***

Been hearing good things all over about this album. Would listening to it be a good introduction to him? Or should I start with mixtapes?

Start with Black Rose. Super underrated tape. I listened when it first dropped and his progression thru that tape til now is :pimp:

I'm glad Dave signed with a major

They've done ok with Vince Staples, Vic Mensa and Logic

This the NY sound I miss, a formula that just works regardless of era
Album is dope

i said that a while ago :lol:

dave east looks lile da evil version of J Cole and they have very similar cadences.

:rofl: :rofl: at the Evil version. Project is good off of first listen, 30 ****** & S.D.E are my two early faves. What i did like is that his flow has improved A lot with each project. his voice is also very distinctive, Def Jam signing is whatever but since we bought up Cole, I think Def Jam has to allow him to do something similar to that. Surely they have two different demos but that strategy of just honing your sound and building your fanbase continues to work. Bars are appreciated when people can relate to the actual artist & i think Dave has that to his advantage. When he raps he can get very detailed about his story and that's what seperates a lyricist from a good rapper

This was good. If the CD comes out tomorrow ill support. The last 2 songs are powerful. Alot of real **** was said in them tracks

The features were great too especially from Cam & Beans. Cam verse prob my fav on the whole thing honestly lol

Good album. Liked it alot more than his last mixtape.

The skits were pointless to me tho. Only real knock on it. Never cared for skits lol

Tape is okay

Only feeling It Was Written, Don Pablo, & The Real is Back off this tape if I'm being honest.

Pretty much feel every song except Eyes On Me, Can't Ignore, and From The Heart. Eyes On Me is a rrrrreally terrible song :lol:

Slow Down
It Was Written
Keisha
Type Of Time
Again
Don't Shoot

Those amount to a solid worthy purchase. Slow Down is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Them bars Beans was spittin was fire. Only bad spots was Cam's verse was weak and I don't know what him and Fab was thinking doing that harmonize flow, they shoulda did a joint where they just rap.

Eyes on me wouldve been way better with a Ty Dolla $ign

After "for da fam" fab and east can't be on a track together and do no silly **** like that I totally understand :lol:

Thots already eating that joint up tho

Listening to the Hate Me Now tape, Numb is the standout track. But that's after one spin.

What confuses me is how cats rockin with him but not bumpin Vado, who I believe is much nicer.

Listening to the Hate Me Now tape, Numb is the standout track. But that's after one spin.

What confuses me is how cats rockin with him but not bumpin Vado, who I believe is much nicer.

Vado has sequestered himself signing with Khaled...there no new music outta him, and he's not actively seeking collabs.

he should've stuck with Cam'ron and moved like that.

Sports Drugs And Entertainment like Im Master P

pimp.gif
Vado ****** up 
laugh.gif

This is a really good project. Dave progressing. 
nthat.gif

Yo Vado was always underrated to me but once he signed with Khaled i stopped checking for him. I think thats why him & Cam had that falling out

Yeah, I stopped rocking with Vado when Cam said what happened between them on the Breakfast Club.

Album is a banger. Cam and Beans were nice on it. Has a real good sound. I can rock wit the Fab song but I'm still disappointed. I don't want to hear autotune and **** but oh well. 2-3 songs I didn't feel but it's easily one of my favorite rap albums this year.

Back
Top Bottom