Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 7/11/14

If we're gonna talk about predictability then every movie is predictable.  Characters, Action, Conflict, Resolution - Repeat.  Damn Shakespeare was predictable, the only movie that wasn't predictable was Inception b/c I didn't know if I was in a dream or not by the time it was over....wait this is real life right? 

Yea, dude must really have a problem with comic book movies. "OMG, the Joker is the villain again!!!" Walks out of movie theater.

lol at inception, cool, but still twisted and subjective to some parts.

the thing people arent seeing is that the plot is a bit similar across difft platforms.

joker is joker, but story can change.

every ceaser needs a brutus, jesus a judas.

D-Wade, Joey Crawford >D

ictejA.png

Saw this last night with my wife. Dope movie, and as others have already said, Ceasar was that dude.

Favorite quote of the movie:
"Ceasar weak"
"Koba weaker" :smokin

Coolest part of the movie was the camera work with Koba on the tank. Phenomenal cinematography right thur.

They absolutely nailed the opening and ending too. Ceasars eyes looking like a humans was the perfect way to cap off the message being sent.
just realized the movie opened and closed zoomed in on his eyes.. lol smh.. 

-i need to pay more attention

Offered to watch it again with my sis, she chose Tammy instead...Let's just say I was feeling a lil Koba during that, worst.movie.ever. 

Caught it last night. The prequel with james franco really had me catching feels when they were in that "sanctuary". Glad to see the apes living it up.

That scene where they first rolled up on the human home tho. 
smokin.gif

ok so i guess upon review there was after credits audio. makes me think about this awesome movie all over again

Nah man...had enough of Koba, in the next one his older son should get killed off by a human, leading Ceaser to lose all his attachment to the human race, eventually winning the war and enslaving whatever is left of mankind...

All I gotta say... I ******* love this movie! :smokin:smokin:smokin Most likely WILL watch again while in theaters.

Saw it last night. Definitely the best movie I've seen this year so far. Exceeded my expectations :smokin

Saw it in 3D, meh. But I really enjoyed the movie. :D
When I saw the previews,I was like :wow: this is a must see! But I hadn't seen Rise yet. Luckily a co worker let me borrow her copy. I like both of the storylines. Think Dawn was noticeably better visually, which is to be expected. At one point I thought some drunk idiot was gonna ruin the experience :smh:, he settled down when the movie started though. Just waitin for another good movie to hit theaters.

Saw it today. Getting through the monkey sign language was grueling at times.
Rise was a better movie imo.
8.3 is too high of a score on imdb

I originally planned on watching this opening weekend, but wasn't able to. I stayed away from this thread because I knew there would be a lot of spoilers, which I have no problems with. I was able to watch it this past Sunday and I absolutely loved it. It's rare that a sequel is better and imho this was one of those times. I wonder if there in fact will be another film and if so I really hope they keep the momentum going strong.

Back
Top Bottom