DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Batman could not spar with Superman and WW in any lifetime :lol:

This is false. Before DC flipped Wonder Woman onto Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman had a love affair. At one point, Batman became immortal so he could stay with Wonder Woman. Nothing changed about him beside the fact he won't die of natural causes. So for the millennium they were together for, they sparred very often. Wonder Woman using her powers (Strenthj, Amazonian fighting styles) and Batman used everything he knew. It was always a fair fight.

Sounds like WW wasn't using her super strength since you know they were just sparring. Outside of leverage techniques where he avoids the hit I don't know of any skills or martial arts Batman knows that can make him durable enough to take super blows to the body or face and clearly immortality doesn't do that. Even rolling with punches would be too much for him in any reasonable depiction.

Last edited:
She's clearly holding back. They're sparring. If they were actually fighting, Bats would be dodging and weaving (since WW's speed isn't really defined as super speed) looking for an opening to gas or incapictate her in someway (unless he just used w/e he had in mind to defeat her like with the rest of the JL) cuz if he took direct hits he'd be knocked out.

Scenes where they spar is just to show Batman can trade fighting techniques with other, usually superior, opponents and make him continually look good. In that panel he's using some akido or something to take her down like I said before, leverage, using her own strength against her.

Stuff like that is like saying Thor and Cap are equals cuz they were sparring in Avengers mansion despite Thor having thousands of years of fighting experience as a warrior (which WW basically has too).

Last edited:
In the future JLA film, I always pictured Bats as more of a field general. Almost how Cap was in The Avengers. Being the strategist for the team and occasionally entering the fray every now and then, depending on what the threat is.

What I'd really like to see though, is the development of Bats and WW's relationship. I liked how they addressed it in the animated series. Even though it was completely corny, one of my favorite JLU episodes is, "This Little Piggy."

I really suggest every comic book fan to watch this documentary, it'll open up some eyes on the 75 year history of comic books and touches up on it's transition from paper back to digital to the big screen.

Last edited:
Lol October 15th..so I'm almost two months late...is this on netflix or should I hunt this documentary somewhere else?

PBS airs it once in a while and they use to show it on their website but they took the vids down. You got to buy the DVD or download it somewhere. Well worth it to any comic book fans though.

Last edited:
How did Anne Hathaway do well in her role? You guys have got to stop saying this. It was very forgettable.

Batman could not spar with Superman and WW in any lifetime :lol:
Superman? The guy who was too stupid to fly above the clouds/damage area from the nuke in TDK Returns.....

That guy is too stupid to beat Batman

You do realize Frank Miller wrote that story, right? :lol: you know, the guy who always portrays Superman to be a big, stupid, Boy Scout who can't tie his won shoes? Super heroes can only be defined by their writers, and Miller is Biased towards Batman. Everyone turns to this story line when they want Batman to be the best. :rofl:

You do realize Frank Miller wrote that story, right? :lol: you know, the guy who always portrays Superman to be a big, stupid, Boy Scout who can't tie his won shoes? Super heroes can only be defined by their writers, and Miller is Biased towards Batman. Everyone turns to this story line when they want Batman to be the best. :rofl:

There is also the time some villain stole Batmans plans on how he would take out the League and the league was scramblin. I never read tower of babel but the cover art is pretty cool

That was Randal Savage I think or Lex along with the legion of doom and it was a pretty effective way to neutralize Supes not kill him.

That was Randal Savage I think or Lex along with the legion of doom and it was a pretty effective way to neutralize Supes not kill him.
Well if the comic is anything like the animated movie he would have been killed had batman not told them how to overcome it

In the comics it just intensified Supermans power that he could not cope with it, it was to incapacitate but never meant to kill.

In the cartoon it is Vandals plan but in the comics it was Ras.

I don't see why he wouldn't. I saw the animated movie and read the comic.

Even in TDKR, Bruce wasn't expecting to kill Superman.

Last edited:
I often think about how much better the dark knight rises would've been if batman had killed someone. Like bane goes ape trying to destroy Bruce's life and kills Alfred and Bruce goes bonkers and kills him and stops being batman because he can't handle it. :smh: woulda really brought that trilogy to a close man

There is also the time some villain stole Batmans plans on how he would take out the League and the league was scramblin. I never read tower of babel but the cover art is pretty cool

Tower of Babel was a coll arc. The main villain in the comic was Ra's al Ghul. The one portrayed in the animated adaptation (JL: Doom) was Savage.

I can see plenty Bat fans who love the trilogy hating that and plenty of Nolan fans defending it. It'd probably would've been worse than MOS ppl being mad that Supes killed Zod.

I feel out of the two Batman should be allowed to kill, especially with his villains. The fact that he use to kill in the golden age and pre-silver age was cool and then they changed him and made him an obsessive insane little ***** that's cool with letting a bunch of ppl die, just so the killers can go through the revolving door that is an insane asylum.

I never understood that. But I agree. Killing seems to match Bruce Wayne's personality. So whenever he says he wont kill I am thinking "WTF?!?!?!?"

You do realize Frank Miller wrote that story, right?
laugh.gif
you know, the guy who always portrays Superman to be a big, stupid, Boy Scout who can't tie his won shoes? Super heroes can only be defined by their writers, and Miller is Biased towards Batman. Everyone turns to this story line when they want Batman to be the best.
roll.gif
It was Ra's Al Ghul with the LOD. They also magnified the plans to do 10x the damage they would have under Batman's write ups. And think about it this way, the Legion of Doom brought that out into the light. So the entire Justice League is already expecting it. Superman gave Batman that piece of kryptonite back, you don't think he could have a plan to stop that next time? 

But here is my take on the Batman vs Superman argument; 

If we put Batman vs Superman both at full potential, it's always going to be Superman on top. Batman has two great things on his side. One,  technology. Two, the "world's greatest detective" mindset. But it's not a hard thing to see that Superman has better technology in the Fortress of Solitude. He has the Phantom Zone projector, and a bunch of alien technologies that Batman couldn't even dream of. So despite what you think, Batman doesn't have the technological advantage. Ever.

And mixing technology and kryptonite together, kryptonite only gives Bats an advantage, not a fight winner. Superman has the radiation suit, for starters. And Batman has a very small piece of it at that. Metallo is made of kryptonite, Lex Luthor uses it constantly, and Superman always comes out on top. So why does this change with Batman? Superman has overcome Batman with kryptonite before as well. Superman/Batman #1, supes is transferred to a second dimension and Batman is there. Superman attacks him not knowing who he is, and batman whips out the kryptonite. Superman simply grabbed it and threw it into space then proceeded to beat the s*** out of him. 

Batman isn't the only one who has won in these situations either. Superman wins just as many of these fights if not more. Like the most recent one, in Injustice #36. Superman goes into the Batcave and breaks out the Bane back breaker on him. 

Supes also has distinct advantages over Bats. He has super intelligence, super strength, durability/invincibility, heat vision, super breath, he can fly, and he has the technological advantage. So how does Batman win? If the writer prefers Batman to Superman. 

Back
Top Bottom