DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Damn, I was fortunate to watch the first episode of that show at the age of 9. 20 something years later and it still holds up for me. I never thought I would ever see someone say it was lame. Wow.

Show wasn't even intended for kids in the first place. I remember it debuted in prime time on a Sunday night. What I liked about the series is that they never dumbed it down for kids.
Nor was Batman Beyond. Aired at 7 PM on a Sunday night.

Saying that it was wack is just for shock value.

B:TAS era was the best adaptation of Batman outside of the comics. I rank Mask of the Phantasm ahead of any Nolan movie.

Last edited:
Nor was Batman Beyond. Aired at 7 PM on a Sunday night.

Saying that it was wack is just for shock value.

B:TAS era was the best adaptation of Batman outside of the comics. I rank Mask of the Phantasm ahead of any Nolan movie.
No shock value. DC heroes suck except a 5... maybe 6 characters I can think of off the top of my head. I grouped Bats into that category without giving him a chance. I only recently appreciated the awesomeness of batman after Batman Begins and TDK. And friends had to force me to see Batman Begins. With that said I dont care to go back and watch every bats cartoon and read every comic. The damage is done and it aint even that serious.

I knew you didn't watch the show. You didn't need to confirm it.

:lol: @ it being lame and you always getting mad. Check your emotions son. You always so sensitive. The show is lame but you watched JL and JLU. Your hypocrisy is the only thing that remains consistent.

You want to talk about something that didn't bother you and when someone tells you why it doesn't bother you you wanna get all defensive :lol: :smh:

But yeah keep worrying about my elitism not phasing you. I wonder if it's because of your steadfast ignorance?

lol. I aint mad. Unless I am in a professional setting I always cuss.

By your ******ed logic you didnt need to say I didnt watch the animated show. I don't touch that DC trash. I only watched JL and JLU two or three years ago with some roommates. Surprisingly I liked it.

Again elitism aint phasing me. Try harder though. I appreciate the effort. It's adorable
You're still so salty.

Contradictions upon contradictions in this post.

:lol: @ by my logic. You the one that doesn't make any sense.

You confuse elitism with common knowledge.
Damn, I was fortunate to watch the first episode of that show at the age of 9. 20 something years later and it still holds up for me. I never thought I would ever see someone say it was lame. Wow.

Show wasn't even intended for kids in the first place. I remember it debuted in prime time on a Sunday night. What I liked about the series is that they never dumbed it down for kids.
It's because he's ignorant and proud of it.

Last edited:
salty about what
That I've called him out for his clownish antics any time the topics of comics are being discussed and he continues to display his ignorance. From claiming to not be a comic book fan in his attempt to condescend to ppl who are (so of course that makes me an elitist) to not even knowing what the words continuity or retcon means to countless other things.

I'm waiting for another post of his about what he's heard in a comic shop though. At this point the hypocrisy is just entertainment.

Last edited:
Just seen JLW.. I hope Bats costume is somewhat similar to that.. I like how the chin is covered as well.. so we dont really see Affleck's *** chin :lol:

i read ONE new 52.

green lantern and flash were lovers.

kissing all willy nilly.

batman,ww,supes, all died.

straight woeful fam.
an abomination against Zod

What were you reading? :lol:

Most of the New 52 I've read has been great. Forever evil, Batman/Superman, Aquaman, JLA, And action comics all have been good.

Just seen JLW.. I hope Bats costume is somewhat similar to that.. I like how the chin is covered as well.. so we dont really see Affleck's *** chin :lol:

The injustice armor would be awesome to see in the movie. It is a good blend of riot suit batman from TDKR and a classic look like Long Halloween.

just saw justice league war... pretty good

cant get into not having anyone other michael ironside voice darkseid

anyone here like the New 52 comics?

I feel like it'l look weird with batman and superman in the same movie. Hope to be proven wrong tho

PLAYBOY: You turned around a cold streak playing George Reeves in Hollywoodland, a film about how his acting career was destroyed after he was typecast as Superman. Did you learn any lessons to prepare you to play another caped icon?

AFFLECK: When George Reeves was Super-man you had three TV channels, and that show was iconic. Now there are so many more options. You see actors doing everything from YouTube shorts to big-budget movies. Also, television shows hold you hostage for long periods. My wife was on a show for five years. It's the same with Jon Hamm and Mad Men. It's conceivable you could become hostage to one role. In movies? Look at Robert Downey Jr. He's able to be brilliant in Iron Man and The Avengers, but he can also go do Sherlock Holmes.

PLAYBOY: George Clooney kept a photo of himself as Batman on his office wall as a reminder of what can happen when you take a role for money and fame. If you had such a photo in your office, which movie would you go with?

AFFLECK: I'd probably have two or three. [laughs] It'd be tough to choose. The only movie I actually regret is Daredevil. It just kills me. I love that story, that character, and the fact that it got [frick]ed up the way it did stays with me. Maybe that's part of the motivation to do Batman.

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Jesse Eisenberg has been set to star as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons will play Alfred in the upcoming Zack Snyder untitled Superman/Batman film. The dual announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Snyder stated, “Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940. What’s great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He’s a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.”

The director added, “As everyone knows, Alfred is Bruce Wayne’s most trusted friend, ally and mentor, a noble guardian and father figure. He is an absolutely critical element in the intricate infrastructure that allows Bruce Wayne to transform himself into Batman. It is an honor to have such an amazingly seasoned and gifted actor as Jeremy taking on the important role of the man who mentors and guides the guarded and nearly impervious façade that encapsulates Bruce Wayne.”

Eisenberg received Academy Award[emoji]174[/emoji], Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award[emoji]174[/emoji] and BAFTA Award nominations for his starring role as Mark Zuckerberg in David Fincher’s “The Social Network.” He also starred in Woody Allen’s “To Rome with Love” and Louis Letterier’s “Now You See Me.” He next appears in “The Double” and “Night Moves.”

Irons won the Academy Award[emoji]174[/emoji] for his portrayal of Claus von Bülow in “Reversal of Fortune.” His work in the film also garnered him a Golden Globe Award. He won an Emmy Award and a Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award[emoji]174[/emoji] for his performance in the TV miniseries “Elizabeth I,” opposite Helen Mirren, and recently starred on the small screen as Rodrigo Borgia in Neil Jordan’s highly acclaimed Showtime series “The Borgias,” for which Irons earned a Golden Globe nomination. He was recently nominated for a SAG Award[emoji]174[/emoji] for the PBS Great Performances television miniseries “The Hollow Crown,” for his performance as Henry IV.

Back
Top Bottom