DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

If they ever do a proper MoS2, I don't see why the new director couldn't just bring him back since his death wasn't even touched upon in the film.

The dude really was more of a spy by being calm and speaking another language.

Or just pull an okie doke like Smallville did and have that be revealed as Jimmy's older brother or some ****.
No one cares about Jimmy.

Movie scores more points by having him offed like that.

No it doesn't. You honestly gain nothing when you kill a character in such a way that people aren't even sure who it was you killed :lol: Kind of makes you look like trash to be honest.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who to blame for the BvS plot and pacing issues. There are similar awkward editing issues with MoS so I'm going to pin things on Goyer. I'm going to wait and see if Terrio can put a CBM script together from scratch with JL.

I still believe that Snyder's visuals and a solid, impenetrable script could make a perfect CBM. Although I will admit certain decisions he's made about the Superman character are absolutely buns.

Also upon further thought, killer Batman is a little too messy for my tastes.

Don't mind Batman killing, as long as it's not in the comics. But that really just raises the question of why the Joker's still alive, which isn't something that we can just brush aside as if the Joker's not one of the greatest mass murderers in the history of Gotham City :lol: If Bruce decides to kill he should be making a concentrated effort to hunt the Joker and put him down like an animal.

valid point. If you're tired of killing "weeds" go hunt down Joker. If he isn't Jason Todd in this universe and he running about after killing ur Robin, then this Batman is backwards.

WB ain't got no worries, neither:
 [h1]Warner Bros. Respond To BATMAN v SUPERMAN's Success; "There's A Disconnect Between Critics And Audiences"[/h1]
132701.jpg
[h2]Batman v Superman  has been a massive box office hit, and in statements about the movie's opening weekend, Warner Bros. make it clear they're very happy with both that and the fact audiences have embraced the movie.[/h2]
76879890.jpg

As if often the case (before any of you start hysterically screeching "Damage control!" in the comments section), Warner Bros. has issued a number of statements in regards to the massive opening weekend of Batman v Superman: Dawn of JusticeHenry Cavill News  has rounded up the best ones, and it definitely sounds like the studio are pleased a) with the way it's performed, and b) the fact that moviegoers clearly aren't on the same page as the critics when it comes to this movie.  

"There is no question this is an extraordinary achievement," the studio's domestic distribution chief Jeff Goldstein said today. "Clearly, audiences have embraced it and we are already seeing repeat business. It's just fun. Often, there's a disconnect between critics and audiences. It doesn’t take itself seriously. It’s just an enjoyable afternoon at the movies."  Perhaps the most noteworthy comment there is the fact that they're seeing repeat business for the movie. It won't be until next weekend that we see how much of an impact word of mouth will have had on Batman v Superman, but people going back to see it again and again will definitely help.  

One thing which now seems clear is that these numbers have just further cemented Warnr Bros.' plans to create a shared DC Films Universe, whether critics like it or not. "When you swing for the bleachers and connect, it’s a tremendous feeling. This felt like we were launching several films, so to come through like this makes all of us very proud."However, even as someone who greatly enjoyed Batman v Superman, I wouldn't be surprised if meetings are taking place in regards to how best to proceed, because with every critic pointing to the movie not being fun enough (not a statement I agree with, but an understandable one), some tonal changes to this universe could be on the way...

I'm not sure who to blame for the BvS plot and pacing issues. There are similar awkward editing issues with MoS so I'm going to pin things on Goyer. I'm going to wait and see if Terrio can put a CBM script together from scratch with JL.

I still believe that Snyder's visuals and a solid, impenetrable script could make a perfect CBM. Although I will admit certain decisions he's made about the Superman character are absolutely buns.

Don't mind Batman killing, as long as it's not in the comics. But that really just raises the question of why the Joker's still alive, which isn't something that we can just brush aside as if the Joker's not one of the greatest mass murderers in the history of Gotham City :lol: If Bruce decides to kill he should be making a concentrated effort to hunt the Joker and put him down like an animal.

Assuming it follows the 2 years or so after TDKR, apparently a lot has happened in Bruce/Batman's life :lol:. With the Robin costume in the Batcave maybe we can assume he went off the edge after Joker offed him, hunted and killed the Joker and then started the brutal rampage we see today :pimp: :lol:

edit: it was hard to imagine all that happened in under two years along with him aging and Wayne Manor becoming bombed out :lol:

Last edited:
And this is why WB is saying F the critics 
laugh.gif

[h1]BOX OFFICE: BATMAN v SUPERMAN Passes $400 Million Worldwide For The Biggest Superhero Opening EVER[/h1]
132692.jpg
[h2]The AvengersIron ManSpider-ManBatman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  has them all beat, as the Zack Snyder helmed release is already taking aim at half a billion dollars worldwide...[/h2]
Batman-V-Superman-Turkish-Airlines-Super-Bowl-Ads.jpg

We've already updated you on how  Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice performed in North America this weeked, but the movie has had an even bigger couple of days overseas. While initial estimates pointed to a $350 million haul, it's massively exceeded expectations with a whopping $424.1 million worldwide after raking in $254 million internationally. Warner Bros. spent a lot on this release between the $250 million budget and some big marketing costs, so this is a fantastic start as it takes aim at that all important $1 billion mark. Like the record breaking Jurassic World  last year, Batman v Superman benefitted from a day and date release in China, but these numbers still mean that it had the biggest opening weekend of all-time worldwide for a superhero movie (in North America, it came in fourth behind  The Avengers,Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Iron Man 3). It should pass $500 million in a matter of days, and with no serious competition in theaters right now, that number should keep on rising. ​

Last edited:
And this is why WB is saying F the critics :lol:

I Think they will be in trouble if the movies after this suck, I think many of us mentally are giving this film a pass as it had to force so much stuff to set up the DCCU, now that this is out the way there should be no excuse for the other films.

Probably missed it since this thread moves fast, but did anyone explain why Batman has Jean Gray like dream premonitions?

Well to be fair James Wan said that Aquaman will be lighter in tone. And Chris Terrio's said the same for JL. It looks like WW will be as well.

Assuming it follows the 2 years or so after TDKR, apparently a lot has happened in Bruce/Batman's life :lol:. With the Robin costume in the Batcave maybe we can assume he went off the edge after Joker offed him, hunted and killed the Jker and then started the brutal rampage we see today :pimp: :lol:

edit: it was hard to imagine all that happened in under two years along with him aging and Wayne Manor becoming bombed out :lol:

This film isn't connected to the Dark Knight Trilogy at all.

Joker's also alive and well in Suicide Squad.

airthompson airthompson Is that Joker=Jason Todd theory still around? Mind explaining it to me, because I honestly never followed it too closely. Doesn't it have something to do with the "J" on his face?

Last edited:
I Think they will be in trouble if the movies after this suck, I think many of us mentally are giving this film a pass as it had to force so much stuff to set up the DCCU, now that this is out the way there should be no excuse for the other films.

Agreed 100%

Probably missed it since this thread moves fast, but did anyone explain why Batman has Jean Gray like dream premonitions?

The theory is that it's because of tinelines collapsing on themselves. In DC certain people will have alternate timeline memories forced into their brain if timey wimey stuff goes down.

Never thought about this, but with some of the MoS talk in this thread I wonder if they will ever live up to the tease for Kara. I wonder if she'll play any role in the resurrection of Supes

Agreed 100%

The theory is that it's because of tinelines collapsing on themselves. In DC certain people will have alternate timeline memories forced into their brain if timey wimey stuff goes down.

Ahh, ok.

If this batman murks people then he won't have that killing / putting down bad guys conflict with Red Hood. Unless what happened to Jason Todd is what caused a change in batman to be vicious against criminals. I need an awesome Red Hood though. Sign up Gyllenhaal.

If this batman murks people then he won't have that killing / putting down bad guys conflict with Red Hood. Unless what happened to Jason Todd is what caused a change in batman to be vicious against criminals. I need an awesome Red Hood though. Sign up Gyllenhaal.
They definitely hint at the Jason Todd/Death in the Family storyline...and they hint at how Bruce has changed over the years in that conversation he had with Alfred where they talk about how Bats isn't that much further away from the criminals now

Back
Top Bottom