DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I posted about this the other day and I think it was taken as a joke but a lot of people are revisiting Superman Returns now
laugh.gif
I'm seeing it mentioned by geeks, journalists etc...

I HATED that film
mean.gif
probably the least fulfilling movie experience I've ever had
I remember just being underwhelmed watching Superman Returns. I didn't really hate it or anything.
I  was underwhelmed by X1 and X2, so I went into superman returns with low expectations

Superman doesn't throw a single punch in Returns, right?

the airplane sequence was great then every other moment was complete trash.

I kinda wish a running motif of the Snyder DCEU is that every movie opens with the main characters somehow being a bystander or viewer from a far of the previous movie...

like for SS, the Joker is watching the Doomsday fight from afar cackling away or some ****

etc etc

I kinda wish a running motif of the Snyder DCEU is that every movie opens with the main characters somehow being a bystander or viewer from a far of the previous movie...

like for SS, the Joker is watching the Doomsday fight from afar cackling away or some ****

etc etc
Aquaman is shown to be just under the hole giggling as Lois almost dies

Quote:

etc etc
max landis in his pitch for death and return of superman.. made a point about the villains watching the fight with superman and doomsday with the thoughts being "if he looses, it's over"

basically that the villains and everyone had a rooting interest in superman winning because if he doesn't it's game over for everyone

I actually kinda liked social network neurotic lex Jr.

my only issue with casting was the obvious age difference between amy adams and cavill.. I just thought it was a bad film

Last edited:
what i want to know is there gonna be a lex sr. or is lex sr. supposed to be dead already?
There's a throwaway line when he's talking about paintings and jars of pee that implies that his dad has passed
Yea I think it's still kind of vague enough that they could still introduce Lex Sr with some gibberish and people wouldn't get too worked up.

iirc it's literally only mentioned once in the movie

etc etc
Aquaman is shown to be just under the hole giggling as Lois almost dies
I swear to god Aquaman was down that weird watering hole in the abandoned building watching Lois try to get that Krypto-spear

I swear to god Aquaman was down that weird watering hole in the abandoned building watching Lois try to get that Krypto-spear
How? Aquaman is in the middle of the ocean.

That building is no where near an ocean
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Rachel McAdams was the 'front runner' for Lois before Amy Adams accepted. I forget that she's gonna be in Dr. Strange later this year.

Superman doesn't throw a single punch in Returns, right?

the airplane sequence was great then every other moment was complete trash.
While he doesn't throw a punch, I like that superman better. Like he's a true good guy and it reminds me of the anime yes superman from the 90's and justice league. Snyders superman doesn't give off any of those vibes that I personally think superman should be. It was entirely too serious and something that I'd expect from Batman but not Superman.

With Returns I like the world and Routh, they just needed to change the Lois, lex and add some actual conflict into it

Killing low level thugs vs letting the joker live doesnt make sense. After all he's donex why let the joker live?

Hallucinations/dreams whatever. He still has no previous knowledge of them, so it made no sense for him to dream about that. Of course its forewarnings, which is why he wants to find the others to form the JL
if Batman kills him then the joker wins and gets what he wanted. Bats is doing his job and putting him in jail. Why doesn't the justice system put the joker under the death penalty and kill him that way instead? Why is it exclusively up to the Batman? Why not robin or Jim Gordon? I'll tell you why, because it's freaking comic books :lol:
Also, there is always the threat that if he killed the joker, someone else (who could be much worse) might pop up and take his place, or maybe two or three other people instead. There is no way to really know.

I think the flash appearing and that knightmare desert scene aren't typical "dreams". Someone else broke it down in the thread before, but I think that when the flash broke the time barrier he collapsed different realities into each other, so Batman doesn't have to know who the people in his dreams are in order for him to dream about them.
It's just things that are gonna happen in the future
Bruh what?

We talking about this movie's Batman not the comic.

Batman kills. You can't make sense of him killing low level criminals and branding them so they can be killed in prison and not killing the Joker. The Joker thinks he wins if Batman kills him? So ******* what. This aint about winning and losing some moral argument. Batman is killing criminals to end crime.
Flatbush ur wrong
DC still owns static shock
Just did my googles
And checked Wikipedia also
DC never owned Static Shock.

Milestone Media owns Static Shock. MM has/had a distribution deal with DC publishing to sell their comics and then MM allowed for the two universes to merge. Ever since Milestone Media 2.0 has been announced every Dakotaverse character has been removed from DC comics.

DC has absolutely no film rights to Static or any other Milestone comics character. Google that.
Wow :smh:

Never was looking forward to this but given how BvS doesn't sit well with me I really don't know what to expect.
Eh, I remember Feige saying they've done reshoots after some initial screenings to fix the ones the audience didn't like.

I actually vaguely remember saying that it has actually become consistent and that it is part of all Marvel films now. CW was doing reshoots up til late January for a May release (wouldn't be surprised if they are just finishing editing for the "industry screening" they have planned in a couple of weeks in Vegas), I believe AoU was doing the same thing last year in January on it's May release.
Yeah but never cuz of huge critical response of a movie that just dropped.

IM3 didn't come out and then Marvel was like oh we better do some reshoots for TWS and change the plot twist of The Winter Soldier actually being a drunk angry old man.

Killing low level thugs vs letting the joker live doesnt make sense. After all he's donex why let the joker live?

Hallucinations/dreams whatever. He still has no previous knowledge of them, so it made no sense for him to dream about that. Of course its forewarnings, which is why he wants to find the others to form the JL
if Batman kills him then the joker wins and gets what he wanted. Bats is doing his job and putting him in jail. Why doesn't the justice system put the joker under the death penalty and kill him that way instead? Why is it exclusively up to the Batman? Why not robin or Jim Gordon? I'll tell you why, because it's freaking comic books
laugh.gif

Also, there is always the threat that if he killed the joker, someone else (who could be much worse) might pop up and take his place, or maybe two or three other people instead. There is no way to really know.

I think the flash appearing and that knightmare desert scene aren't typical "dreams". Someone else broke it down in the thread before, but I think that when the flash broke the time barrier he collapsed different realities into each other, so Batman doesn't have to know who the people in his dreams are in order for him to dream about them.
It's just things that are gonna happen in the future
Bruh what?

We talking about this movie's Batman not the comic.

Batman kills. You can't make sense of him killing low level criminals and branding them so they can be killed in prison and not killing the Joker. The Joker thinks he wins if Batman kills him? So ******* what. This aint about winning and losing some moral argument. Batman is killing criminals to end crime.
in the context of the dark knight, joker thinks he wins when batman kills him because in this world batman's one rule is not to kill. if he were to get batman to break his one rule then batman is no different than the criminals he fights.

since in the DCU its been established that batman doesnt have a no killing rule, it makes no sense for joker to want batman to kill him. there is no moral argument to be made here since killing the joker would be no different than killing the 40-50 people he killed in this movie 

I said it before the only out they have is in the 20 years Batman was operating he wasn't killing, then that Robin got killed by Joker and then Batman started killing. When that happened, Joker skipped town or was already imprisoned so Bats never you know broke in there to kill him directly.

Hopefully that's cleared up a bit in SS.

If not more nonsensical **** cuz I expect Batffleck to keep killing in JL.

Last edited:
I said it before the only out they have is in the 20 years Batman was operating he wasn't killing, then that Robin got killed by Joker and then Batman started killing. When that happened, Joker skipped town or was already imprisoned so Bats never you know broke in there to kill him directly.

Honestly, Unless Joker went to Mars I doubt Batman would have stopped til he found and killed him for murdering his ward.

Look what he did when Supes "killed" his employees.

when batman finally kills in 'the dark returns' it makes sense.. but he's still using rubber bullets and not killing throughout that whole story

Honestly, Unless Joker went to Mars I doubt Batman would have stopped til he found and killed him for murdering his ward.

Look what he did when Supes "killed" his employees.
Well maybe he thought he killed him then :lol:

Like fell off a cliff but no body found.

must be a punk like superman..

how you going let a dude throw your girl off a roof and then just casually tell you he got your mother.. and you do nothing to this man TWICE?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom