DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Am I in the minority that didn't love TDK/TDKR suit? I don't hate it but it's not a favorite. I like it that they found a way to make his head turn but the riot-gear-esque-look just isn't that great to me.

It was nothing to go crazy about. I didn't like the rubbery look to it. This one looks to be like some sort of form fitting fabric.

Am I in the minority that didn't love TDK/TDKR suit? I don't hate it but it's not a favorite. I like it that they found a way to make his head turn but the riot-gear-esque-look just isn't that great to me.
To me they grounded it too much. All the explanations for the suit change made sense (separate plates, detached cowl), but it just didn't look that great. IMO, the Batman Begins and Batman Returns suit are still my favorites. I'm still kinda displeased that Nolan didn't redesign the suit for TDKR. I thought that fighting Bane would be enough justification to make changes.

And I hate to admit this, but as a kid/teen, I actually liked the sonar Bat-suit that Kilmer wore in Batman Forever. It was the first iteration of the suit that didn't have the gold backed emblem and it was a blue-ish color. Thinking back, the suit just had too much going on, but I thought it was cool back in the day.

Seeing that Affleck pic, this movie will be a masterpiece... better than avengers 2 or any marvel out in 2016

am i doing it right?

To me they grounded it too much. All the explanations for the suit change made sense (separate plates, detached cowl), but it just didn't look that great. IMO, the Batman Begins and Batman Returns suit are still my favorites. I'm still kinda displeased that Nolan didn't redesign the suit for TDKR. I thought that fighting Bane would be enough justification to make changes.

And I hate to admit this, but as a kid/teen, I actually liked the sonar Bat-suit that Kilmer wore in Batman Forever. It was the first iteration of the suit that didn't have the gold backed emblem and it was a blue-ish color. Thinking back, the suit just had too much going on, but I thought it was cool back in the day.

Them batnips on his first suit though and then they just had to do this pose?
View media item 981901

This is the one you're talking about though, right?
View media item 981902

On the other hand, Kidman was smoking hot in Forever.
View media item 981903

World's Finest probably could of worked fine but I guess they went with DOJ to hint at the JLA movie coming up,I don't even mind.

Last edited:
And people still think this is gonna primarily be a MOS sequel with the main focus on Supes and only a few seconds of cameo appearances by Batman and the JL.

Okay.

And people still think this is gonna primarily be a MOS sequel with the main focus on Supes and only a few seconds of cameo appearances by Batman and the JL.

Okay.

The title hints even more to various Justice League members having a sizable part in the movie imo.

Yeah I am not too happy with that title, they should have at least removed "Batman vs Superman" part or at least called it "Superman/Batman" like in the comics. It's still two years away though so I have a feeling the title will change by then, Dawn of Justice just sounds cheesy right now but it'll likely grow in the next two years if it doesn't change.

Title actually gives off a vibe that there will be more cameo from more people but nothing more than that. It just implies JL are coming not that they will be in the film. They should have just called it World Finest or Trinity.

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong though so I can say seems like Tay1 was right, so far....

Last edited:
At least this is a very good sign.

BURBANK, CA – Filming is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the highly anticipated action adventure from director Zack Snyder, starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, and Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” also stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, with Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane returning from “Man of Steel,” Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and Holly Hunter in a role newly created for the film.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”is written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Principal photography will take place on location at Michigan Motion Picture Studios and on location in and around Detroit, Michigan; Illinois; Africa; and the South Pacific.

Set to open worldwide on May 6, 2016, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment.

Dialogue and overall movie should be better than MoS just because of that change. Getting someone else to write it is huge!

^

The title is so stupid and forced. It's like they're trying to tell the audience "see this movie because Batman and Superman is in it!" People know who Superman and Batman are so there is no need for that dumb title.

Also they rehashed the same logo as the original Man of Steel film and just added the fat bat logo in the back. The title has the same font. This just lacks creativity.

I hope this isn't indicative of what's to come..

Back
Top Bottom