DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Y'all wild lol. I'm not putting any cbm in the best movies of all time
I think that's a problem. A movie is a movie. that's the same issue I have with critics who don't respect comedy or horror.

I don't think there have been any really in that upper echelon YET. TDK is the closest, though. Definitely an all-time performance from Ledger, though.

Last edited:
TDK >>>>>> any of the best picture nominees that year
No contest! TDK was better than:

Milk

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Frost/Nixon

The Reader

and Slumdog Millionaire. 

I've seen all these movies and none of them have the lasting power of TDK

I view TDK as more of a crime thriller with a dude in batsuit as opposed to a CBM. ledger was grwat but like lots of people said, bale was kinda non existent in the movie.

Rachel was so nonsignificant to me that i didnt even notice they switched actors for a cool minute after I saw the film

There's a reason y every comic movie is compare to TDK... Crazy how no CBM has been close to it

waits for the other teams cape

CW musical crossover?

4cf57679_lol.gif

Only turn off from TDK is Rachel. That's a downgrade from Rachel in Batman Begins.

Facts. She was used to great effect however for that death scene and its impact. Really didn't see it coming the first time I watched the film and I loved the timing of it.

TDK is flames.

Harvey dents slow transformation.
Gordon turning into the commish.
Bats breaking into China and whooping all them goons buts at the end.
Freeman sonning that dude with saying something like"your plan on getting money is by black mailing the most powerful man in the city" :rofl:

And of course Joker. One of the greatest performances of all time :pimp:

Last edited:
TDK is one the greatest movies of all time

Truth,
movie is the epitome of "movie magic"
Joker's "plan" and Principles were on point, that script was incredible to show all sides and how hard it is to be truly good.
Still get goosebumps over the last 5 mins, how Bats takes the fall for harvey to preserve the idea for the people and Gordon's closing monologue coupled with that final shot of bats riding the cycle :pimp:

you guys do realize this movie was snubbed for a Best Picture Nom right?? thats why they upped the limit to 10 movies the following year.

yeah it's a CBM, but it just blew me out of the water in tone, storytelling and acting,(3 things for me that make a movie classic)
movie pretty much solidified that future CBM would go into the direction their going in, BB started shined a light on it, TDK kept the light on it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom