DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I know I'm mad late, I didn't know there was a Green Lantern movie. I'm watching it for the first time as we speak :lol:

I didn't mind the first two acts of GL. The scenes on Oa were fire. That third act though with Parallax...unforgivable :smh:

The entire movie and that approach to Hal was trash.

He's not my fav GL but I got a good idea of him as a hero and it is not Ryan Reynolds.

Green Lantern is a trainwreck from beginning to end. It's not the fault of any of the actors. It's just a badly written film. They had no idea what they were doing or what actual fans of the characters wanted to see. Terrible, just terrible. :smh: Only saving grace is that I never paid money to see it.

Im convinced they got ganked for millions how could they spend all that money so terrible cgi.

I couldn't even make it past the training part, I fell asleep :lol:

I'll try to finish it tonight...

Those too big bruh

47Qyz8.gif

NOTE: All box office figures are as of September 2, 2016

A PROFIT

One of the biggest points of contention surrounding Suicide Squad  is how much it had to make in order to be considered profitable. Its production budget is said to be around $175 million, but that does not include the marketing costs, which were most likely very high. Some have said that the film needed to gross about $800 million worldwide to “break even,” but that figure is most likely false. Batman V Superman  with is $250 million production budget (and marketing tacked on) needed to cross that threshold to be considered profitable, but Squad‘s magic number was lower. A more realistic total for David Ayer’s film is $600 million, which would cover all the filming and advertising costs, including those pesky publicized reshoots.

A quick look at Suicide Squad‘s current numbers show that the film has brought in $643.3 million globally, which ekes it over that profitability point. It’s also expected that it will end its run with a worldwide haul in excess of $700 million, meaning that Suicide Squad  should be in the black by more than $100 million, a nice turn of events for a comic book adaptation that featured several characters general audiences were unfamiliar with up until recently. It’s worth pointing out that Guardians of the Galaxy  made $773.3 million globally on a $170 million budget, and it’s considered one of the most successful Marvel movies to date.
via screenrant

^ It's not a comfortable profit margin, that's for sure.

If you think of films in terms of private equity, you'd want a healthy 10-15% IRR (internal rate of return).

Last edited:
^ It's not a comfortable profit margin, that's for sure.

If you think of films in terms of private equity, you'd want a healthy 10-15% IRR (internal rate of return).
For what suicide squad was and it coming off the backlash of BVS, the 100+ million it will make for the studio is considered a win. Also that's about around what they had projected

Also that Guardians number is way off. GOTG was over the 170 budget and cost 232 million. So if Disney considers that movie a success at 770 globally, suicide squad at 175 mill with BO 700+ with no China has to be a win

Last edited:
People thinking Suicide wasn't a hit is just looking for reasons to hate at this point. People can have their opinions about the quality but the movie has been a major hit without China and a Japan opening looming.

Also until the actual books are opened up and release after taxes and rebate no one knows how much the movie is making, all these articles are pure speculation. But if people think these studios aren't making major cake off these movies they are :lol:

I'm curious to see how well WW does. SS showed that women and people of color will go to these movies if the characters are there. Funny how even CBM are quickly starting to reflect the America of today by way of public pressure.

People thinking Suicide wasn't a hit is just looking for reasons to hate at this point. People can have their opinions about the quality but the movie has been a major hit without China and a Japan opening looming.

Also until the actual books are opened up and release after taxes and rebate no one knows how much the movie is making, all these articles are pure speculation. But if people think these studios aren't making major cake off these movies they are :lol:

I'm curious to see how well WW does. SS showed that women and people of color will go to these movies if the characters are there. Funny how even CBM are quickly starting to reflect the America of today by way of public pressure.
I can see Wonder Woman doing 400-500 million. The budget is only $100 million so they likely aren't expecting it to do major numbers

WW may be more popular as a brand than SS, but suicide squad had will smith and the joker. Ain't nobody care about Gal Gadot

Last edited:
Even though I know you're talking about a big budget movie still hearing "only 100 million" makes my chest hurt lol

Back
Top Bottom