DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

just soooo good this series is, technology should be good enough to convert them to HD by now and for Netflix to pick it up so we can binge watch

outside of those best moments/episodes, there were so much more too, this one always stood out to me, the Cape & Cowl Conspiracy episode

by far the greatest cartoon of all time

Good actor, boring face/presence.

Don't give a **** about Ocean Master so it's cool. Hope he's not meant to be the main villain.

Last edited:
Probably going to be Ocean Master or Black Manta. Either could serve as the villain for the first film or be suitably set up for the second film.

Director Ben Affleck Explains Why He's Taking His Time With THE BATMAN

"We still have to get a screenplay and get it together. I’m a real believer in not reverse engineering projects to meet a window or a date, but rather when you get the right story, the right idea, the right thing, then you make the movie. That’s what we’re doing, and I’m hoping to get that done. I’m spending a lot of time working on that, but also working on other stuff.

If I could, there’s nothing I’d love more than to direct a stand-alone iconic, great Batman movie. But it’s been done. Chris Nolan did three really great movies. I’m mindful of that. I’m not in any hurry to jam the mediocre movie down the pipe. I really want to make sure, if we do it, we get the great version and one that’s worthy of tradition of guys like Tim Burton, Chris Nolan, and Christian Bale."

just soooo good this series is, technology should be good enough to convert them to HD by now and for Netflix to pick it up so we can binge watch

outside of those best moments/episodes, there were so much more too, this one always stood out to me, the Cape & Cowl Conspiracy episode

Man, people who try to claim that anyone who enjoys this is blinded by nostalgia just don't understand how wrong they truly are. Calling it the "gold standard of Dark Knight storytelling" is pretty much spot-on. There is no adaptation of the character outside of the comics that is better than this series. It says a lot that you could truly struggle to pick your 10 favorite scenes or episodes from this series, because the writing was so consistently good. I actually went ahead and picked up the entire series on DVD over the last few years, along with season 1 of Batman Beyond. This show is the perfect way to introduce anyone to the character and lore of Batman, getting appearances from all of his most notable Rogues, the prominent side characters like Jim Gordon, **** Grayson, and Alfred Pennyworth, and even giving you some great films to boot. No accident that they managed to take this and spin it off into an animated franchise.

Then you have the greatness that is Mask of The Phantasm... then the Arkham games. The legacy of BTAS. :pimp:

Director Ben Affleck Explains Why He's Taking His Time With THE BATMAN

"We still have to get a screenplay and get it together. I’m a real believer in not reverse engineering projects to meet a window or a date, but rather when you get the right story, the right idea, the right thing, then you make the movie. That’s what we’re doing, and I’m hoping to get that done. I’m spending a lot of time working on that, but also working on other stuff.

If I could, there’s nothing I’d love more than to direct a stand-alone iconic, great Batman movie. But it’s been done. Chris Nolan did three really great movies. I’m mindful of that. I’m not in any hurry to jam the mediocre movie down the pipe. I really want to make sure, if we do it, we get the great version and one that’s worthy of tradition of guys like Tim Burton, Chris Nolan, and Christian Bale."

Thank god it doesn't sound like it will be related to this current DCU in any way shape or form. At least that seems to be where Ben is going.

BTAS was so amazing man. So many underrated episodes like the Underdwellers and underrated villains like Wormwood.

Underdwellers was excellent and that was early in the series too. Another good, underrated episode is The Forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom