Death

Time is an egoistic concept, and the universe is supposedly a quantifiable, finite thing according to science, but I seriously doubt that

But to your question, yes. That's why I don't rule **** out but at the same time don't really expect **** :nerd:

I'm curious as to the scope and nature of your belief system

Lol I believe the body is a tool and our soul is here for our own individual experience. There is no need to experience what someone else has already experienced. We weren't created for that. We are in the search for for fulfilling our true beings. But hell IDK. I ain't eem died yet.

I cant eem lie.

It terrifies me that there is a possibility it just goes black forever.

I cant eem lie.

It terrifies me that there is a possibility it just goes black forever.
I've read a couple of near-death-experience stories where it's like they were dying, and things were just going away, as in everything was disappearing, all of their thoughts, worries, fears, emotions, all of that.

One dude said that he wasn't afraid because he couldn't be afraid, his fear was just gone, just like his courage. Gone. It was like he didn't really care that he was dying; it was "peace" in the most absolute sense of the word, like some sort of grand infinite something was just pressing down on him. Peace in the sense that there was literally nothing to disturb that peace in the first place.

It was on Reddit. I'll link if I can find it

Death is a return to normalcy. Life Is an anomaly. Your death is nature returning to normal. The odds of your creation is infinitely impossible yet infinitely possible. The material you are made of has been in existence since the beginning of existence. Life and death are one and the same, we get perceive it differently.

I've read a couple of near-death-experience stories where it's like they were dying, and things were just going away, as in everything was disappearing, all of their thoughts, worries, fears, emotions, all of that.

One dude said that he wasn't afraid because he couldn't be afraid, his fear was just gone, just like his courage. Gone. It was like he didn't really care that he was dying; it was "peace" in the most absolute sense of the word, like some sort of grand infinite something was just pressing down on him. Peace in the sense that there was literally nothing to disturb that peace in the first place.

It was on Reddit. I'll link if I can find it
Actually found what I was talking about

I had a massive pulmonary embolism (PE) and nearly died. My experience was very similar to what is described in the OP's link.

My heart was beating extremely fast due to the PE, and the lack of oxygen was making me feel very panicked. As it got worse though, a curious thing happened over a minute or so as I circled the drain in ever-smaller spirals.

First I got tunnel vision and could really only see what was right in front of me. Then all the colour leeched out and I was reduced to seeing in black and white. If you ask me, this is the origin for many of those near-death tunnels-with-a-light-at-the-end.

My hearing faded out too. It was like my ears were stuffed with cotton wool, and there was this weird high pitched buzz.

I was feeling very frightened. If you've never been acutely short of breath before you won't know quite how it feels, but ask a friend with asthma or some other breathing problem. It's terrifying, literally physically thrashing around for air. But as my vision faded, something changed.

Things started not to matter. I have bipolar disorder, and all the bad things in my life began to seem completely unimportant. That was when I knew I was dying.

Concepts like fear and courage didn't mean anything. It was like falling into a vast black ocean of calm. I felt a massive disconnection from my physical body; at the time I felt utterly separated from physicality.

It wasn't just a physical detachment. It wasn't just an end to socially constructed ideas like courage and sadness. In those last ten to twenty seconds, I stopped caring. Stopped caring about everything and everyone.

Didn't care I wouldn't see anyone again. Didn't care that this was the end of my life. It was the most profound sense of peace, but 'peace' in a very alien sense.

In the last few seconds, I felt small. I felt smaller and smaller inside my own head. And I felt I was surrounded by unimaginable vastness. If you picture me floating in that deep dark ocean I mentioned above, it was like the camera you're viewing me from zoomed out and kept on zooming until I was the tiniest pinprick.

I was absolutely insignificant to myself.

And I was at peace.

And it was ok.

A couple of other stories in that thread too

Last edited:
I always wondered, in heaven who else is there? If its the same people, some people were good people, you just didn't like them, does that mean you gotta kick it with them? Like one of your homies homies. Can you get divorced in heaven? Do you get with the girl of your dreams? What if she don't like you? Main question, in heaven, do you have to deal with the same bs you have to deal with here? Like no lines? Who's working in heaven? To many questions.

^ I'm sorry I meant YOUR life "you" being "you" is an anomaly.

Yes, we are all just "the universe" so to speak. No more special than any other living thin for creation. I think the human ego has crafted the mindset that we are different, almost separate from the rest if existence but aren't. Our state of being is temporary, "death" is our normal state. Kinda sad to think about :frown:

After life or a second life isn't truly out of the question either. Like said above, if time is infinite then there is a chance that the material you are made of, the instances that creates you, CAN and WILL happen again. Just a matter of time. Also if you think about it, it is possible for you to simultaneously exist somewhere else RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:
Steven hawking talks about that.

Different universes.

I love that idea.

Also...if time and the universe are infinite....anything we imagine can be possible.

I'm not asking about scientifically or theoretically speaking. I'm asking about your wants ... If u had the power to choose what happen after you die, what would it be.

We don't know where we come from so I don't expect for anyone to give me a logical answer to what's going to happen when we die.

Life as I know it is very illogically .....

Who's to say we aren't much like an ant farm living in someone's bedroom or lab being studied?

Anyways ....

If you're asking me what I WANT, then I'd want to exist forever as a disembodied and vastly powerful entity so that I could travel this and other universes indefinitely and observe the infinite progression of existence

Infinite knowledge, yo

And alien women with tig ole biddies

Last edited:
I would like to come back over and over again if I could..

We learn so much in our lives, just imagine what we could do if we could take that knowledge into the next life :pimp:

"Near death experiences" aren't really valid because the people who tell them are still alive, obviously. The things they experience are probably much closer to dreams than death. We can't really learn about death from these cases.

"Near death experiences" aren't really valid because the people who tell them are still alive, obviously. The things they experience are probably much closer to dreams than death. We can't really learn about death from these cases.
Ok, what about stories of people being resuscitated then? 

Thread needs more Jorge Luis Borges

love the way that dude writes about death and identity

freakin HILARIOUS

I hope all of the wrongdoers, people that were unjust, tyrants get a painful punishment
I hope good people, kind, generous get pleasure and enjoyment
what other reward is there for good, other than good?
what other reward is there for bad, other than bad?

I would like to be cremated and have my ashes mixed in the potting soil of some og so people could get high on me and blow me back out into the atmosphere. Srs

Isn't a sky burial where they hack up your dead body and put you out on the hillside for the vultures to come eat you, thus continuing the circle of life?

But first things first, I'd like all my organs donated, can't take em with me so I might as well give it to someone in need

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom